• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Pan.....what Do You Think???

In summary, the conversation discussed the potential discontinuation of the professional cookware line, specifically the roasting pan, and the possibility of it being improved and offered as a host special. There was also confusion about where the roasting pan belonged in the product lines. The conversation also mentioned the popularity of the roasting pan and its use for both roasting and stove-top cooking. The mention of Turducken sparked some interest and the conversation ended with a discussion about ordering it online.
Ginger428
Gold Member
I was looking at the points chart for the Pan-O-Rama & saw the roasting pan is professional....
Also at Conference they said professional cookware would be discontinued Jan.08...
Now I'm thinking, I wonder if they are going to improve the roasting pan & maybe have it as a host special......;)

The roasting pan is incredible - I think you will hear no complaints from anyone about it! My guess is that it won't be discontinued with the professional line. IMHO - it looks more like executive anyway. Perhaps the handles will change or something. I had not noticed that it was not part of the Pan-O-Rama. Could be why it is a half-price host special now, too!

ljeffries said:
The roasting pan is incredible - I think you will hear no complaints from anyone about it! My guess is that it won't be discontinued with the professional line. IMHO - it looks more like executive anyway. Perhaps the handles will change or something. I had not noticed that it was not part of the Pan-O-Rama. Could be why it is a half-price host special now, too!
It is part of the pan-o-rama - listed with the professional cookware. It was introduced before the executive but since it is always featured away from the lines there is confusion about where it belongs.

Sorry - was reading with one eye still asleep!

BethCooks4U said:
It is part of the pan-o-rama - listed with the professional cookware. It was introduced before the executive but since it is always featured away from the lines there is confusion about where it belongs.

I totally agree with you, but you cannot get 1 for free with points....

Ginger428 said:
I totally agree with you, but you cannot get 1 for free with points....
Oh! I missed that too!

Well, then I would BET it's being discontinued with the Professional. They purposely have only the pieces we can sell after March in the pan-o-rama.

Guess we know what piece of open stock will come out in March. LOL

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Ya Think???????/;)

What makes it like the Executive line is that it has the Autograph 2 coating on the inside....what makes it different is that the Autograph 2 is not on the outside, and it doesn't have the titanium lining.....I guess for roasting this is no big deal - but from the posts on this site, I would gather that people are using it just as much on the stove as in the oven.

ljeffries said:
Could be why it is a half-price host special now, too!
I think the roasting pan is a half price special this season for the holidays. Who wouldn't love to have a great set at half price so they're ready to roast the holiday turkey, goose, or even Turducken. :)

chefann said:
I think the roasting pan is a half price special this season for the holidays. Who wouldn't love to have a great set at half price so they're ready to roast the holiday turkey, goose, or even Turducken. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............TURDUCKEN????????????????????/:eek:

The Roasting Pan is how I got started in PC! I hosted a show to get the roasting pan for half-price....now I am selling them!

Ginger428 said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............TURDUCKEN????????????????????/:eek:
It's a Southern thing. Deboned whole chicken inserted into a deboned whole duck, inserted into a deboned (except for thighs and legs) whole turkey. There are 3 different stuffings used, too, one in each "layer". The whole thing is roasted as a whole. It's pretty good, actually (my cousin got one mail-order for Christmas dinner 2 years ago).

chefann said:
It's a Southern thing. Deboned whole chicken inserted into a deboned whole duck, inserted into a deboned (except for thighs and legs) whole turkey. There are 3 different stuffings used, too, one in each "layer". The whole thing is roasted as a whole. It's pretty good, actually (my cousin got one mail-order for Christmas dinner 2 years ago).

YIKES!!!! :eek: WAY TO MUCH Trouble for me......:D
I guess if it tastes good then ENJOY!!!;)

ljeffries said:
The Roasting Pan is how I got started in PC! I hosted a show to get the roasting pan for half-price....now I am selling them!

Me too! I had a show last November then signed in January and now sell them!

My DH wants me to make a turducken, looks like too much work for me.

missydivine said:
My DH wants me to make a turducken, looks like too much work for me.
Google it. You can order them online. That's how my cousin got one.

Related to Roasting Pan.....what Do You Think???

1. What size roasting pan do you recommend for a large turkey?

For a large turkey, we recommend using a roasting pan that is at least 16 inches in length and 13 inches in width. This will provide enough space for the turkey and any additional vegetables or sides you would like to roast alongside it.

2. Can I use a roasting pan on the stovetop?

No, roasting pans are not suitable for stovetop use. They are designed to be used in the oven only. Using a roasting pan on the stovetop can cause damage to the pan and may also be a safety hazard.

3. What is the best material for a roasting pan?

The best material for a roasting pan is stainless steel. It provides even heat distribution, is durable, and easy to clean. Aluminum and ceramic are also good options, but they may not be as durable as stainless steel.

4. Can I use a roasting pan for baking other dishes?

Yes, roasting pans can be used for baking other dishes such as casseroles, lasagnas, and roasted vegetables. Just make sure the dish fits comfortably in the pan and adjust cooking times as needed.

5. Do I need to use a rack in my roasting pan?

Using a rack in your roasting pan is recommended as it allows for better circulation of heat and helps prevent the bottom of the meat from getting soggy. However, if you do not have a rack, you can still use the roasting pan without one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kisrae
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • CoidgigBese
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie