• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rising Gas Prices and Long Distance Shows

In summary, while some hosts may be discouraged by the increase in gas prices, others are using it as an opportunity to do something they would normally do anyway and save money on their taxes.
chefsteph07
I was wondering if any of you are thinking about curbing the distance you now travel to shows due to the increase in gas prices...alot of my shows tend to be at least 45-60 min away and I am still going to do them, but I'm thinking of suggesting a host minimum for attendance or outside orders.

I don't and don't think I ever would. For me I never know what might come out of those small shows in the future and I would hate to discourage a host who doesn't think she can have that big of a show or outside orders. Personally for me, the tax write off at the end of the year is good enough compensation for me. For a 100 mile round trip, we get $50 back for it.

Yes, you can write the mileage off, but I do understand the pain of having to pay for the gas now.

I wouldn't specifically state to any host that they have to have a minimum number of guests or outside orders etc. before the show, but I would encourage to coach all of your hosts that this IS a business, and you do count on the money from it.

I wouldn't but I would host coach and encourage your host to make every show the best so it's the best use of her time and yours.

Remember, too, that you can use that trip to do some personal things, too. The IRS allows you to determine your reason for the trip. So, for instance, I have a show to close tomorrow that's about 1.5 hours from my house. (Yes, I close all of my shows in person. This happens to be a catalog show.) I have some shopping to do in stores that aren't available in my area. I also made a couple of appointments* to help out a new friend. These are things I'd drive that far to do anyway, but I get to deduct the mileage (just to my host's house and back, mind you; not my running-around mileage).*I made a new friend through a networking event. She's a stylist who is in school to become an aesthetician. She needs so many hours doing facials, waxing, and makeup application to get her license. I made the supreme sacrifice and made appointments for a facial and makeup application. After all, I'll need to reapply my makeup after the facial. Right? :D

Related to Rising Gas Prices and Long Distance Shows

What is causing the current rise in gas prices?

The recent increase in gas prices can be attributed to a number of factors, including geopolitical tensions, supply and demand imbalances, and production cuts by oil-producing countries.

How do rising gas prices affect long distance shows?

Rising gas prices can have a significant impact on the cost of transportation for long distance shows. This can result in higher ticket prices for consumers and potentially decreased profits for show organizers.

What can be done to mitigate the effects of rising gas prices on long distance shows?

Show organizers can try to negotiate better transportation deals, use alternative modes of transportation, or spread the increased cost among different stakeholders. Additionally, implementing more sustainable practices can help reduce reliance on gas and mitigate its impact on shows.

Are there any benefits to rising gas prices for long distance shows?

While rising gas prices may pose challenges, they can also serve as a catalyst for innovation and change. Higher prices may incentivize the use of cleaner and more efficient transportation methods, leading to a more environmentally-friendly show.

How can consumers support long distance shows during times of rising gas prices?

Consumers can support long distance shows by being mindful of their own transportation choices. Choosing to carpool, use public transportation, or opt for virtual attendance can help reduce the overall impact of rising gas prices on shows. Additionally, supporting sustainable practices and advocating for more environmentally-friendly transportation solutions can also make a positive impact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Sheila