• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ridiculous Customer Complaints & Tips to Make it Funny!

In summary, guests have said ridiculous things about their products in the past. Some of these include using products on the stovetop or in the microwave that can't be replaced, people trying to pass off other products as Pampered Chef, and guests not being able to use products because of a theft.
amy07
After reading a few recent posts about product complaints from customers I thought if we shared some of the ridiculous ones we get, we could all get some tips to use in a humorous bit at our shows. Or maybe we could all just list our PSA at the beginning of the show......

Here's just a few here's your sign moments from actual things guests have said to me:

"My husband used my micro cooker on the stovetop and it melted. Is that covered?"

"My husband put my Chillzanne in the microwave and it melted. Can it be replaced?" Now, this doesn't apply to our line anymore, but my response does. "Sure it can be replaced, here is the current cost":D

I had a customer use the large bar pan on the bbq grill - hmmmm it broke!!!

When asked about the warranty on the scraper line, I joke about how we have a better warranty on our silicone then any plastic surgeon!

During my own show (before I was a consultant), the consultant (and my recruiter) explained the Round Up to people. One lady at my show asked if she could round down.

Jessamary said:
During my own show (before I was a consultant), the consultant (and my recruiter) explained the Round Up to people. One lady at my show asked if she could round down.

Priceless:)

Most of my funny stories have been people trying to pass off other products as Pampered chef.

I had a women a couple of months ago tell me Pampered Chef is much cheaper at Walmart:eek: When I told her Walmart doesn't sell PC she just replied "of course they do":rolleyes:

As I was explaining to guests at a show how our Classic Batter Bowl can go in the oven and the creation of the famous "Barbie Cake", one guest commented, "won't the doll melt"?

Recently, a man at a summer festival mentioned that they love using our stoneware but....they are so hot when they come out of the oven!

One customer called me very upset because her EAD broke while she was making beef jerky with it. :rolleyes:

:DI had a booth at our local fair and as I was explaining the measure all cup to someone I knew. A young lady walked up to me and said that her and her mother didn't like the cup because when they used it for for water it always leaks. Then I asked if she was using the right end. And she said well yes there is only one way to do it. And of course she was using the dry side. she felt stupid but I just smiled.:D

I had the stackable cooling rack on the table with the legs folded....when we went to use as the food was coming out of the oven, I unfolded the legs. One lady said, "Oh my gosh! I have that and I didn't know the legs unfolded!":rolleyes:

I asked a young customer what the name on her card was, she replied "Wells Fargo"!

I have a host (a dear, dear friend) whose DH used their spatula (turner) on the grill .. he said "I thought it was heat resistant!"

Also, a lady at a fair approached me about an item that arrived broken which she's had for months. I explained to her about the guarantee and told her to call HO but they would probably want her to send it back. She said, "Oh, I thought if I just brought it to a consultant ..." I explained that the consultant has to send it back too. (Of course, if she'd called right away she wouldn't be in this pickle ...)

I've been asked if the warranty on the scrapers covers being gnawed on by mice.

raebates said:
I've been asked if the warranty on the scrapers covers being gnawed on by mice.

yuck! I hope this was not asked by a hostess because I would not be able to eat at her house!

Also, a lady at a fair approached me about an item that arrived broken which she's had for months. I explained to her about the guarantee and told her to call HO but they would probably want her to send it back. She said, "Oh, I thought if I just brought it to a consultant ..." I explained that the consultant has to send it back too. (Of course, if she'd called right away she wouldn't be in this pickle ...)[/QUOTE]

I had a lady call me this week to let me know that an order for one of her guests was stolen out of her car during some repairs, the only thing is the show was last DECEMBER!!! No wonder she doesn't want to have a party this year. She also just plans on giving the customer the money not replacing the product. I am pretty sure I even did a CC care call with the customer, I just never heard back.

PamperedDor said:
I had a customer use the large bar pan on the bbq grill - hmmmm it broke!!!

I have a customer who did this anyway after I said it wouldn't be safe, the pan did not break so now they are going to use it this way from now on!

ChefBeckyD said:
One customer called me very upset because her EAD broke while she was making beef jerky with it. :rolleyes:

What?:confused: Crazy!

ChefBeckyD said:

I don't understand this one. Isn't beef jerky made with thinly sliced meat?

pamperedlinda said:
I don't understand this one. Isn't beef jerky made with thinly sliced meat?

Apparently it's made with chopped up meat that is formed together. Or at least the kind she was making is made that way. I didn't get it either. But now, I just let people know that when they purchase it, not to use it for beef jerky. (tongue in cheek, of course).:rolleyes::D

ChefBeckyD said:
Apparently it's made with chopped up meat that is formed together. Or at least the kind she was making is made that way. I didn't get it either. But now, I just let people know that when they purchase it, not to use it for beef jerky. (tongue in cheek, of course).:rolleyes::D

Ok, I'm still confused. :confused: Was she trying to make cute little designs with her jerky? Cause I'm sure all the men in my life would LOVE to have jerky that looked like a rose.
:rolleyes:

amy07 said:
Ok, I'm still confused. :confused: Was she trying to make cute little designs with her jerky? Cause I'm sure all the men in my life would LOVE to have jerky that looked like a rose.
:rolleyes:

I think she was trying to use the injector - to make it like a rope (think slim jims). I don't really know.:confused:

ooohhhh, that makes a little more sense. Wait, that scares me that I understand that one!

Okay - what product is EAD??

twinchefs said:
:DI had a booth at our local fair and as I was explaining the measure all cup to someone I knew. A young lady walked up to me and said that her and her mother didn't like the cup because when they used it for for water it always leaks. Then I asked if she was using the right end. And she said well yes there is only one way to do it. And of course she was using the dry side. she felt stupid but I just smiled.:D

I'm surprised by the number of people who have made the same exact comment to me. These people drive cars and give birth to children! ;)

Ok, I have one that I said! We were at our cluster meeting and someone was making the jerk chicken nachos. They were about to juice the lime in the citrus press and they put it in cut side down. I said (really loudly) "It's upside down!" and everyone laughed at me. After they showed me the right way, I was like "wow, and I loved it before I even learned how to use it right!" Now I joke at shows that it's one of my favorite products, but I owned it for a year before I realized I was using it incorrectly. Then I usually follow with the "pampered, not perfect" or "i'm proof anyone can do this job"...

Also, I had a lady come up to me at a booth and tell me that she needed to replace her food chopper because her sons tried to chop rocks with it and the blade bent. :eek:

Last edited:
I have a host that I call 'My Looney Toon Host'

When ever the phone rings and I see her phone number I will say 'that is my looney toon host' and everyone will gather around the phone to see what she came up with this time.

This is the wierdest one of all - She called to ask me what she was doing wrong with her food chopper- it wouldn't chop LETTUCE :eek:

She hasn't topped that one yet but my family is always waiting to hear what is next

:chef:

cathyskitchen said:
I'm surprised by the number of people who have made the same exact comment to me. These people drive cars and give birth to children! ;)

I have this too, very often..the first time someone told me of this, she said she didn't like the measure all cup because everytime she used it, "the bottom kept falling out"...I had NO idea what she was talking about, then finally I asked her if she was putting water or whatever in the part that slides up and down and she said yes! I was rolling!

What are some common ridiculous customer complaints?

Some common ridiculous customer complaints include receiving a broken product, not liking the color or design of a product, or not understanding how to use a product properly.

How can I make a ridiculous customer complaint funny?

You can make a ridiculous customer complaint funny by using humor, making light of the situation, or poking fun at yourself or the company. Just be careful not to offend the customer or make light of a serious issue.

What are some tips for dealing with ridiculous customer complaints?

Some tips for dealing with ridiculous customer complaints include staying calm and professional, actively listening to the customer's concerns, apologizing for any inconvenience, and offering a solution or compensation if necessary.

What should I do if a customer's complaint is truly ridiculous?

If a customer's complaint is truly ridiculous, you can acknowledge their concerns and apologize for any inconvenience, but also gently point out the absurdity of the situation. You can also offer a sincere and humorous solution to make light of the situation.

How can I prevent ridiculous customer complaints?

To prevent ridiculous customer complaints, make sure to provide clear and accurate product descriptions, instructions, and photos. Also, ensure that your products are of high quality and meet customer expectations. Communication and great customer service can also help prevent ridiculous complaints.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • esavvymom