• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Reorganized Office; Ty Meg and Outward Image

M
Mel5497
A big THANK YOU to Meg for inspiring me to get a grip on my office. Yesterday I listened to the Outward Image Coaching download on organizing your workplace and....ding, ding, ding....it totally made sense to me. DH came in and listened to the last part of it (he's a filer and I'm a major piler). Afterwards, we immediately rearranged all the furniture in my office area and this morning I made a major dent in the embarrassingly many piles around my office.

Instead of facing a wall, my desk is now open to the rest of the room and gives me a view of three windows with trees outside. What an improvement. I'm still repositioning my hot-warm-cold stuff, but that is an eye opener as well. I was a bit shocked to realize how much unnecessary stuff I had around me. Already I've found it easier to knock out my priority tasks (you know, the ones that make us money and help our teams :))

Anyway, thanks Meg! Your recent post made me think 'man, I need to do that too!'

Oh man, you sound just like me! I'm a major PILER and it drives DH nuts. Now where did you find this download? I SERIOUSLY need to implement that kind of stuff. I even had a nice gift from DH a couple birthdays ago of a professional organizer for 1/2 a day (at my request - it wasn't like his gift was a hint:eek:). Well, it's like that never happened. I always say I need more time in the day to do it, but what it is is I need to MAKE time to stay organized.

I'd love to hear what you learned! Good for you!!!!

Oh Kris I absolutely need to do this too! I've been toying with the idea of moving my office upstairs (DH and I share the office right now, we each have our own desk though), I really don't want to go up there and lose the convenience and the view. But, my granny will probably come live with us in the next year or so and I'll have to change the office into a bedroom for her then anyhow so I might as well go ahead - right? I've been preparing DS that I'm going to take the playroom (b/c it has a great view and a deck) and move his playroom to one of the spare bedrooms - he's starting to adjust to that.

legacypc46 said:
..... Yesterday I listened to the Outward Image Coaching download on organizing your workplace

Kris, where is this?

It was originally a free call I signed up for, but missed. They are offering the download for $4.95 (first 250, then it goes to $15). The speaker talks a lot in terms of feng shui...but when we moved the furniture around, it made a big difference. She also talks about clutter and how it drags your energy down. Sounds touchy-feely, but I'm holding myself accountable to her advice and rethinking all the 'stuff' in my office area. I'll email you the notice I got with the link. (You can also wait and listen to it on my laptop while we're at NDA).

On a final note, I already want to come play in your kitchen...now your soon-to-be office sounds gorgeous too!

WOW! I am really glad I could inspire such a cleaning/organizing spree!
I am happy to say that when I was prepping my folders and such for my shows this week, it was SOOOOOO nice to be able to find all of the things I needed!

chefmeg said:
WOW! I am really glad I could inspire such a cleaning/organizing spree!
I am happy to say that when I was prepping my folders and such for my shows this week, it was SOOOOOO nice to be able to find all of the things I needed!

That's so awesome, Meg!

See, now my problem is I pretty much know where everything is (although sometimes I guess it DOES take longer to find), so that's preventing me from clearning out my piles. I pretty much know where to look for something, so it's not a total tornado site.

Maybe you can post the link here...???

Michelle

I'm like you Becky. When my piles are gone I feel a little weird. Like I don't have work to do or something. I just hired a professional organizer. Our first appt. is Friday. I need to have more shows to pay for it! Why is it so dang expensive?! I've tried reading the books and following along online, but I guess I just don't get it. Or I'm doing something wrong because the best I can do it clear and keep clean 2 of the 3 desks I have in my office for about a month. Right now I am reduced to working on a folding tv tray next to my printer because I don't have workspace.

My DH is a pile person, and I was never able to convert him to being a file person....rather, I became a pile person! It is taking some work, but I am making a vow to touch things once. When the mail comes in, I put the "junk" in the recycle bin, the bills go in the bile area (it isn't a file yet!!) and I leave the rest for DH lto look at. It really is helping with the piles!

Chef Kearns said:
I'm like you Becky. When my piles are gone I feel a little weird. Like I don't have work to do or something. I just hired a professional organizer. Our first appt. is Friday. I need to have more shows to pay for it! Why is it so dang expensive?! I've tried reading the books and following along online, but I guess I just don't get it. Or I'm doing something wrong because the best I can do it clear and keep clean 2 of the 3 desks I have in my office for about a month. Right now I am reduced to working on a folding tv tray next to my printer because I don't have workspace.

There is a teacher at my DD's school that does organizing "on the side"...problem is, Dh won't let her anywhere near our house....WHY? They went to college together and he said "she already has too much dirt on me!"
I would love to have her come in to get us on track and maybe I could pay her with PC products from my ever-growing basement stock!

Yea Kris, can you post it here? I'd LOVE to check it out. As soon as I get some help with the furniture, I'm turning Donte's old room into my office.

I've been trying to figure out how to share this info. The link I have takes you to my personal shopping cart and credit info for Outward Image. (Luv you guys, but not that much!)

If you email Outward Image, they may help. I know this isn't a good answer, but I am a total techno dweeb (to which Debi can testify).

ok, I'm a piler too! So, I bought trays so that I could organize my piles. Still no luck.
I did manage to get downstairs to actually attempt to do something in my office last night. Like maybe clean it. My problem is now that my kids are home, it is easier to just bring my office upstairs instead of going downstairs to work so that I can keep an eye of them. So now the office is EVERYWHERE....dining room, kitchen, top of microwave, beside the couch, bedroom, basically stretched between the 3 levels. Not working, and so not good for a marriage. (Dh is a filer) I'm thinking of going to a notebook system that I heard Ann (baychef) talk about.
The other problem I need help with (hint, hint anyone) is bags! I keep changing bags and stuff is scattered between them. All have something in them,. On a good note I always have my call log (spiral notebook) with me to have available (I'm so not sophisticated, but it works for me).

the key is doing what works for you. I, too, had my office everywhere. It took just putting my mind to it and getting things where they need to be. It is really helping my sanity level (which is always in question!)

I think I found the link. Try this: http://http://www.outwardimage.com/store.htm

Michelle

If someone is kind enough to shoot me a reminder on Saturday, I'll be glad to post my notes this weekend...when I have some free time. (And report on how the full implementation is going!).

http://www.outwardimage.com/store.htmScroll WAY down to Telecourses.

don't we have a "Director Development" type of thing that could help us pay for the tele-courses?????

professional development $100 per year. I think Beth checked into it and you couldn't use it for Telecourses (which is absurd if you ask me). Anyone else know for sure?

DebbieJ said:
professional development $100 per year.

I think Beth checked into it and you couldn't use it for Telecourses (which is absurd if you ask me). Anyone else know for sure?

That's right. I have called HO more than once and every time they have told me that we will not be reimbursed for tele-courses or for tapes/CDs/DVDs no matter what they train on.

Or taking any online courses. :(

Nope, professional developement cannot be used for teleclasses. Pro. dev. can only be used for a "director or above" only class.

I would hope with the rising cost of gas to travel to seminars that TPC would rethink this policy.

Michelle

Lifeline Coaching offers free teleclasses once in a while. I just listened to one about being a mentor to your consultants. It was a very great class, but of course, at the end he wants you to purchase the book or training dvd.

Go to their website to sign up for their newsletter. It comes out once-in-while, not often enough that it is annoying.

http://http://www.lifelinecoaches.com/

Michelle

wdpmap said:
Lifeline Coaching offers free teleclasses once in a while. I just listened to one about being a mentor to your consultants. It was a very great class, but of course, at the end he wants you to purchase the book or training dvd.

Go to their website to sign up for their newsletter. It comes out once-in-while, not often enough that it is annoying.

http://http://www.lifelinecoaches.com/

Michelle

Ack! Those were the folks at Conf 2005 who got bad, bad reviews. Pushing their books the whole time...

I got enough info from the free call that I felt it was worth my time. They did make references to the book, but it wasn't that bad. I guess the reason they give free training calls is to sell their books, that is how they make their money.

If I were at conference and all's they did was sell their books, I would be upset, but this was free.

Michelle

Can we (I) use the professional development $ to help pay for hiring the Professional Organizer?

yes-at l east you used to be able too---

Well I cleaned my office and my desk (yes, I'm a huge piler as well, it drives my dh CRAZY) yesterday and now I"m ready to tackle the world. I guess it helps that my team training in on Tuesday. :) Thanks guys!

So, have any of you used your professional development yet this year? I think we should be able to use it towards conference. That's just me though.

bethcooks4u said:
That's right. I have called HO more than once and every time they have told me that we will not be reimbursed for tele-courses or for tapes/CDs/DVDs no matter what they train on.[/QUOT

what can it be used on, then?:confused:

how much is it for?
can you tell I have never used it?!

Related to Reorganized Office; Ty Meg and Outward Image

1. What inspired you to reorganize your office?

Meg's post about organizing her own office and the Outward Image Coaching download were the main inspirations for my reorganization.

2. How did you and your partner rearrange your furniture?

We moved all of the furniture in our office area to open up more space and create a better flow. My desk is now facing outward with a view of three windows, which has greatly improved the overall appearance and functionality of the room.

3. What changes did you make to your workspace?

Aside from rearranging the furniture, I also made a conscious effort to declutter and get rid of unnecessary items. I also implemented the hot-warm-cold system for organizing my tasks and prioritizing my work.

4. How did reorganizing your office improve your productivity?

With a more functional and visually appealing workspace, I have found it easier to stay focused and knock out my priority tasks. The decluttering process also helped me realize how many unnecessary items were causing distractions and hindering my productivity.

5. What advice do you have for others looking to reorganize their office?

My biggest piece of advice is to not be afraid to make changes and try new things. Sometimes a simple rearrangement of furniture or implementing a new system can make a big difference in productivity and overall satisfaction with your workspace. And, don't be afraid to get rid of items that are no longer necessary or useful. A decluttered space can do wonders for your mindset and productivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • quiverfull7