• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangular Baker - Do Cakes Pop Out?

In summary, Cake #2 - stuck! Nope I used vegetable shortening & flour. Cake #2 butter. was stuck in the stone baker and needed to be taken out quickly. I tried the mixture I posted and it worked. Cake #2 - stuck! Nope I used vegetable shortening & flour. Cake #2 butter. was stuck in the stone baker and needed to
its_me_susan
Help, quick! I'm attempting this cake today

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50198

And I need to know if I bake the cake in the stone baker, will it pop out?

Thanks!!!
Susan :)

I make cakes in the rectangle baker all the time! They come out great! Just follow directions for any 9x13 pan. I am a little paranoid, so I do grease it with a little Crisco.
HTH!

I now use this mixture with any stone when I want a clean release.

Mix 1 part each of vegetable oil, shortening, and flour. Brush your stone liberally. Store the leftover mixture in an airtight container.

Whatever you bake will fall right now!

That cake looks really cute! Post a pic so we can see how it goes. :) Good luck!

DebbieJ said:
I now use this mixture with any stone when I want a clean release.

Mix 1 part each of vegetable oil, shortening, and flour. Brush your stone liberally. Store the leftover mixture in an airtight container.

Whatever you bake will fall right now!

How big are your "parts"?

Thank you everyone!!!

its_me_susan said:

(I really need to get my mind out of the gutter.)

The advantage to a recipe like that is you can make as much or as little as you want to, as long as you use the same measurement for each part. You can make it using a cup each, or a tablespoon.

When I make that, I usually do about 1/2 cup each, and then I store the excess in the fridge.

Ughhhh cake #1, VERY seasoned stone, greased & floured... STUCK!

Going to make it in my skillet!

its_me_susan said:
Ughhhh cake #1, VERY seasoned stone, greased & floured... STUCK!

Going to make it in my skillet!

I only let it cool 5-7 minutes... is that why? What to do, what to do? I do have a second cool rectangular baker???

I wouldn't try to take it out until it's very cool/not hot anymore.

Did you try the mixture I posted? I've never had a problem when using that and then letting everything cool.

DebbieJ said:
I wouldn't try to take it out until it's very cool/not hot anymore.

Did you try the mixture I posted? I've never had a problem when using that and then letting everything cool.

Cake #2 - stuck! Nope I used vegetable shortening & flour. Cake #2 butter.

How long do you let it cool? The bottom stays hot for an hour remember? *sigh*. Onto cake $3; going to use my family skillet. How long does that have to cool so center won't stick?

Use the three part mixture!!! I used it the first time I ever used my fluted stone and the cake turned out perfectly! I know it was talked about earlier, but here it is again. Mix one part oil and one part shortening (not butter!) until it is completely smooth. Then add one part flour until smooth. Paint it on using the silicone brush and pour in the batter. Don't scrape along the sides after pouring the batter in. Seriously, it will pop out! I used this when I "made" some freezer rolls. I accidentally let them proof WAY too long and hubby was convinced that they had proofed into the pores and wouldn't come out. Popped right out!

its_me_susan said:
Cake #2 - stuck! Nope I used vegetable shortening & flour. Cake #2 butter.

How long do you let it cool? The bottom stays hot for an hour remember? *sigh*. Onto cake $3; going to use my family skillet. How long does that have to cool so center won't stick?

Hmmm....a round cake bed....sounds a little more like a famous bunny bed! Talk about a mind in the gutter!

cmdtrgd said:
Hmmm....a round cake bed....sounds a little more like a famous bunny bed! Talk about a mind in the gutter!

Ok you ladies are killing me here ~ loving all the silly gutter minded people here! Ok, I was kind of all pooping out here so what I did was put the cake BACK IN the baker and just decorated the top! lol. Not my first choice, but I did not want to make a third cake.

I used the decorator bottles to make the brown hair (choc frosting ~ they ALL had brown hair!). I used fondent that I mixed in purple color too ~ not sure I will use it next time, it was not easy to knead.

It looks pretty cute for my first time (hee hee hee). My husband took pictures of the cake, so I'll post them later. :)

chefann said:
(I really need to get my mind out of the gutter.)

Whew *wiping forehead* I'm glad I wasn't the only one, especially since she quoted "parts". LOL.

its_me_susan said:
Help, quick! I'm attempting this cake today

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50198

And I need to know if I bake the cake in the stone baker, will it pop out?

Thanks!!!
Susan :)

OMG..... that is sooooo cute. I have a 10 yr old granddaughter and I think she would love it for her sleep overs!!!!

Actually, you're supposed to take cakes out of the pans when they're still warm. Let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out. If they cool completely, whatever you used to grease the pan will re-solidify and stick.

chefann said:
Actually, you're supposed to take cakes out of the pans when they're still warm. Let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out. If they cool completely, whatever you used to grease the pan will re-solidify and stick.

Doesn't seem to have mattered... Would everyone please bake a cake in their stones this weekend and post your results?

Cake looked VERY cute! I will post pictures.

its_me_susan said:

Thank you everyone!!!

Well, that's certainly a personal question LOL
;)

When are you posting the pictures? I can't wait ti see!!

I just did 2 cakes. 1 in the glazed rectangular baker, one in the classic unglazed. I did one Devil's Food & one yellow cake mix. I sprayed the stones with butter flavor Pam. Baked the cakes, cooled them IN THE STONE for about 5 minutes, then flipped them out onto a cooling rack. I am happy to report NO STICKING! They popped right out! :)

Related to Rectangular Baker - Do Cakes Pop Out?

1. How do I prevent my cakes from sticking to the Rectangular Baker?

To prevent your cakes from sticking to the Rectangular Baker, make sure to generously grease the pan with butter or oil before adding your batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for extra insurance.

2. Can I use the Rectangular Baker for other types of baked goods besides cakes?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker is versatile and can be used for a variety of baked goods such as brownies, casseroles, and breads. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. Is the Rectangular Baker safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. It is also safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher for easy clean-up.

4. Is the Rectangular Baker non-stick?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker has a non-stick coating that helps with easy release of baked goods and makes clean-up a breeze. However, it is still recommended to grease the pan before use for best results.

5. What is the size and capacity of the Rectangular Baker?

The Rectangular Baker has a 9x13 inch size and a 3 quart capacity, making it perfect for baking large cakes or casseroles for a crowd. It also has convenient handles for easy transport from the oven to the table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Evelyn
  • adauw
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76