• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deliciously Spicy Moroccan Chicken - Family Favorite!

LisaIn summary, the saucy Moroccan chicken was a hit with the family, with some adjustments made to fit their preferences. The creole rub and evaporated milk substitutions were successful and the husband even suggested modifications for next time. Serving the dish with andouille sausage and pasta could potentially recreate a restaurant favorite at a fraction of the cost. The recipe is versatile and can be enjoyed in different ways with the family.
shelly.nurse
I tried the saucy Morrocan chicken tonight for our family's dinner with the following changes:

used the creole rub in place of the morrocan rub (didn't have the morrocan rub). Nice spicy flavor.

I used a can of evaporated milk mixed with about 4 tablespoons of the flour mixture instead of the sour cream (family does not like sour cream).

I only used a 1/4th of a pepper and onion (it would be wasted anyways, family does not like).

We really liked it, we had it over brown rice and it was very good. My husband said "it was the best thing we have had in a long time". My daughters thought it was just "okay". They would not request it again, but it would not kill them if it was on the menu from time to time.

My husband suggested the following modifications:

using 1/2 chicken and 1/2 andouille sausage and serving over pasta, then he said it would taste similar to one of his favorite dishes at Gordon Biersch, one of his favorite restaurants in the area. Good to know, last time we went there, it cost us 100 dollars for the 4 of us!!

Sounds like one I'll have to try for my family.

Thanks,

Lisa

adding some sliced mushrooms and diced tomatoes to the sauce for more flavor and texture.Overall, the saucy Morrocan chicken was a hit with my husband and myself. It was easy to make and had a nice kick of spice. The modifications suggested by my husband sound like they would add even more depth and flavor to the dish. I would definitely make this again, maybe with the suggested modifications next time.

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the saucy Moroccan chicken with your family. It sounds like you made some great substitutions and adjustments to fit your family's preferences. I love when a recipe can be versatile like that! And it's always a bonus when it's a hit with the husband. Your husband's suggestion to use andouille sausage and serve it over pasta sounds delicious. I think that would definitely add some extra flavor and texture to the dish. And it's great that it could potentially recreate one of his favorite restaurant dishes at a fraction of the cost. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and happy cooking!

Hi there,I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the saucy Moroccan chicken recipe with your family, even with some modifications! It sounds like the creole rub was a great substitute for the Moroccan rub and added a nice level of spiciness. I also love the idea of using evaporated milk instead of sour cream, as not everyone is a fan of sour cream.I completely understand the struggle of trying to please everyone's taste preferences in a family. But I'm so glad your husband enjoyed it and even suggested some modifications for next time. Using both chicken and andouille sausage and serving over pasta sounds like a delicious twist on the recipe. And it's always a bonus to be able to recreate a restaurant favorite at home for a fraction of the cost!Thank you for sharing your experience with the recipe. I hope you continue to enjoy it in different ways with your family. Happy cooking!Best,

What is the main ingredient in the Deliciously Spicy Moroccan Chicken?

The main ingredient in this dish is boneless, skinless chicken breast.

How spicy is this dish?

The level of spiciness in this dish can be adjusted to your personal taste. The recipe calls for a combination of spices such as cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper, but you can adjust the amount of each spice to make it more or less spicy.

What sides go well with this dish?

This dish pairs well with rice, couscous, or quinoa. You can also serve it with a side of roasted vegetables or a fresh salad.

How long does it take to cook Deliciously Spicy Moroccan Chicken?

The total cooking time for this dish is approximately 30 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts and the heat of your stove.

Can I make this dish in advance?

Yes, you can make this dish in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the oven or on the stovetop until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies