• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Become a Pampered Chef Consultant? Need Advice on Training Options?

In summary, Robert Crowe found Chef Success and is ready to start his career as a professional chef. He has two parties scheduled and is looking for a local consultant to get personalized training. He is excited to get started and has many questions.
rcrowe1966 said:
You guys are killing me.

The "winning" consultant is **************

Due to privacy issues, I guess it doesn't allow the consultant name to be shown:)

Thanks

BTW: he/she won me with a kit, cookware and a pocket thermometer:rolleyes:

Robert:balloon:

Hang around for more than a few days and you will learn fast that any thread will be hijacked with humor or something totally ridiculous.

...and on the latter...does your fiance know yet... :rolleyes: He-he...

So, now you have to go over to the Members Introduction Section and introduce yourself!

Personally I think it is wrong to post such a thing on this board. Because there are so many of us that are "recruit hungry". The proper thing to do would be to contact The Pampered Chef directly and it is a director perk to get recruit leads. Want recruit leads? Then become a director....

This really isnt the place to be recruiting. Sure if one happens to contact you---good luck. But this isn't really the way it should be handled.

janetupnorth said:
Because they answered fast, they are already "friends" with him on his profile...and I just know them. ;)

Let's just say it's a gut instinct mainly combined with some of those clues.
It all depends on who happens to be on when as to who answers quick. ;)

Personally, I hope Robert is kidding about the kit and cookware. There are much more important reasons to choose a recruiter and I would hate for this site to start being a bidding place for potential consultants to get a deal. That is no way to recruit. Getting a deal is always tempting but it sounded like he wanted someone who could help him in the long run. So many consultants have come on here complaining about their recruiter/director not being supportive. If we start bidding for the recruits some will lose big time.

That being said, there are a ton of great consultants here that are willing to do anything to sign someone on so the recruiter is just as likely to be a gem. I just have lots of red flags about that kind of pressure on the new person and that tactic to get someone to decide on "me".

I do wish him (you, Robert) luck and wealth in his business.

BethCooks4U said:
It all depends on who happens to be on when as to who answers quick. ;)

Personally, I hope Robert is kidding about the kit and cookware. There are much more important reasons to choose a recruiter and I would hate for this site to start being a bidding place for potential consultants to get a deal. That is no way to recruit. Getting a deal is always tempting but it sounded like he wanted someone who could help him in the long run. So many consultants have come on here complaining about their recruiter/director not being supportive. If we start bidding for the recruits some will lose big time.

That being said, there are a ton of great consultants here that are willing to do anything to sign someone on so the recruiter is just as likely to be a gem. I just have lots of red flags about that kind of pressure on the new person and that tactic to get someone to decide on "me".

I do wish him (you, Robert) luck and wealth in his business.

that was where I was coming from Beth.....I really hope he was kidding, too. I don't think I would want to start my business with someone that would "bribe" me to belong to their group...opening a can of worms here, I'm sure!

chefmeg said:
that was where I was coming from Beth.....I really hope he was kidding, too. I don't think I would want to start my business with someone that would "bribe" me to belong to their group...opening a can of worms here, I'm sure!

I'm pretty positive he was from his posts!

I personally would never offer it to someone. That's not the way to have good consultants. Free stuff doesn't make the consultant. It is a business you have to work.

janetupnorth said:
I'm pretty positive he was from his posts!

I personally would never offer it to someone. That's not the way to have good consultants. Free stuff doesn't make the consultant. It is a business you have to work.

I totally agree on that one!

stacywhitlow said:
I was a Home Office lead. I didn't know my director before my kick off show. I was blessed to get a good one.

I was also a HOme office lead and got a good director. I had to hound her for more info before I signed, but I am super glad I did!!

chefmeg said:

Oh No.... Not that!!!

Sory.... I just find it comical.

I agree though. I would never bribe someone to join my team no matter how hard I am trying to grow one. I would not want a recruiter director who would even do such a thing. It's in poor taste if you ask me.

I PM'd you!

I am kidding about the "bribe", although I did have someone offer to by my kit. I would not choose someone because they would bribe me with a product.

I considered going through HO but then I would be at the mercy of whomever they assigned the lead. I am not a "lead", I am a person with feelings:)

I am sure that I could have chosen any one of you and I would have a great experience and get the help that I need.

I have a great (and sometime bizarre) sense of humor. (I love the "piece of meat" reference. I was rolling on the floor:)

Thanks for the comments and keep 'um coming

Robert

rcrowe1966 said:
I am kidding about the "bribe", although I did have someone offer to by my kit. I would not choose someone because they would bribe me with a product. Glad to hear it!

I considered going through HO but then I would be at the mercy of whomever they assigned the lead. I am not a "lead", I am a person with feelings:)

I am sure that I could have chosen any one of you and I would have a great experience and get the help that I need.

I have a great (and sometime bizarre) sense of humor. (I love the "piece of meat" reference. I was rolling on the floor:)

Robert

A little known fact... You do not have to sign with the person PC hooks you up with. They just first choose the closest director. If you do not click with them you can go back to HO and request someone else.

rcrowe1966 said:
I am kidding about the "bribe", although I did have someone offer to by my kit. I would not choose someone because they would bribe me with a product.

Robert
This is what I would have expected from you - from your original posts.

And I love your new avatar! Such a cutie!

rcrowe1966 said:

Robert

Wow, seriously? I really hope that person was kidding, and if not, then I really hope they don't do that regularly....

You seem like a great addition here; love the sense of humor!

I felt sure you were joking Robert & with your sense of humor, you'll fit in just fine here!

raebates said:
...However, to be fair, I know I would want my recruiter nearby so I could benefit from their experience. I'm sure you'll have a chance to connect with a few of the CS-connected consultants in your area. Choose someone with whom you click....

Hello Robert and WELCOME...

I couldn't agree with Rae more... I talked with several consultants at our recent National Conference and most of them do not have a local recruit or Director.

Although we all wnat to have recruits, we need to put YOU and YOUR business needs first. I truly believe you will benefit more from someone local - someone who you can actually sit down with occasionally and chat the biz vs. emails, phone calls, etc.

YES - there are hospitality Directors - but - it's not like home (for some) - it is liek being the redheaded 2nd cousin :p

My best wishes to you and your search for a recruiter/Director and I truly hope you joina Cluster as great as the one I am in.

Regards,

~G:chef:

GEEZ! I was at Carol Radu's Director meeting when all of this started. Too bad... I would have loved to have a guy on my team. Especially one that is gung ho and ready to start with parties booked! Plus, would give me an excuse to travel to visit one of my downline. Oh Well! Best of luck to you and your business! Great sense of humor! We need that here! :)

etteluap70PC said:
A little known fact... You do not have to sign with the person PC hooks you up with. They just first choose the closest director. If you do not click with them you can go back to HO and request someone else.

Just want to second this. You don't have to sign with anyone you are not personally comfortable with. Just ask HO for another director if need be...though act quickly so you can sign before the 31st (if you want the rebate offer). Note: You can never change your director (unless she/he quits...then you automatically roll up to their director). That said, you sign as an independent consultant and are free to totally ignore your director too. (Not advocating that...unless its deserved ):rolleyes:

Having a local director is up to you. Mine was 8 time zones away...and I did pretty good. My director and I talked weekly and I had a fabulous hospitality director. I also harvested info from here like crazy (still do...but now I contribute too:blushing:)

Welcome Robert!

Welcome and Good Luck to you Robert!

Robert, welcome and good luck.

Hoping that your recruiter has a solid base to their business and is good to go to for training and advice.....

We're lucky to have you on board, and look forward to seeing your sucess!

BTW, cute picture!

Last edited:
I have talked more with my Hospitality Director than my "Upline Director" who is now considered my recruiter since the lady who recruited me stopped selling and dropped out. In fact, I didn't even know it until I emailed her for about 2 months and she finally told me. I guess she just presumed the Director would tell me. Someone asked the other night who did my weekly coaching calls. I asked what that was...never have had one! You would never know I wasn't part of the Cluster here. In fact, most people in the Cluster don't know I am "hospitalitied"! Jennifer makes no difference between me and her other people she has a "vested interest in".

You've come to a great place. PC is not just for women! LOL!

Robert...I have been on vacation and just saw your post...CONGRATS!!

You sound like you will fit in perfectly with all of us here!!

Good luck with your new business!

Welcome Robert.

I too have a great director but she and I both are military spouses, moved to two different states at the sametime, have two different cluster groups, and BOTH have accepted me! I'm some what closer to my TX cluster even though I live in CA but I can count on both groups to be there for me. I went to NC with my TX cluster & my director and had a BLAST!!!

Great luck with the business. As EVERYONE has said You WILL be a GREAT consultant with your engery, determination, and sense of humor!

I would have to say if I had my choice, I would choose to have my Director close by. My director lives 15 min away and I can't imagine not having her around. She is absolutely fabulous, helpful, supportive, kind, smart, and really believes in me, even when I don't. I get so much from our meetings.

Try to seriously find someone close by. Talk to several consultants, find your perfect match. You want someone who will support you in the way you need to be supportive.

PC is an awesome company. Good luck.

So, who did you end up signing with?

cmdtrgd said:
So, who did you end up signing with?

He wont tell... He already teased us with that...

Stinker!

Congrats and Welcome Robert!

Robert, you sound excited, confident, love the products, fit in @ chefsuccess, have home support, and humor all going for you. Best of luck in your new business!

I let the suspense build long enough...I decided to have Becky (pamperedbecky) be my recruiter and so far I have been pleased. She is so responsive to all my questions. Reading through all of these posts here and throughout CS, I would have been well served with just about anyone. I am proud to be a member of CS with you strong women and men! Thanks for your inspiration and perspiration (hard work):)Robert

Last edited:
rcrowe1966 said:
I let the suspense build long enough...I decided to have Becky (pamperedbecky) be my recruiter and so far I have been pleased. She is so responsive to all my questions.

Reading through all of these posts here and throughout CS, I would have been well served with just about anyone. I am proud to be a member of CS with you strong women and men! Thanks for your inspiration and perspiration (hard work):)

Robert

Good choice! (Although there are a lot of others on here who would fall into that category...we have a great group here!)

Becky is knowledgable, positive, and very helpful! You chose well!

I'm not surprised, see my previous guesses. ;)

I KNEW it! Welcome to PC, CS and TEAM BECKY! :) I also found her on this site and she is awesome, even if I don't live near her! :(

Awww, aren't you all sweet!?:) It's been a nutty last 4-5 days with out of town relatives and a surprise 40th anniversary surprise party for my parents (so I haven't had much time to be on here), but here's what I was going to post in response to all of the wondering.....

Well, I'm out a couple sets of cookware and a few new fall/winter products, but I DO have a new team member!!! YAY!! :D

LOL! Just kidding. I'm excited to have Robert on my team and to have him in our CS family here. As we can already tell, he's got a great sense of humor and I think we'll all have a lot of fun!!

CONGRATS Becky!! I know it would be you!!
All worn out from your parents 40th party....Hmmmmmmm;)

Ginger428 said:
CONGRATS Becky!! I know it would be you!!
All worn out from your parents 40th party....Hmmmmmmm;)

Yeah, I think it wore me out and made me sick.:) Not enough sleep lately. Oh well, it was worth it! If you have the chance to ever throw anyone a surprise party and the surprise actually works, it's AWESOME. We got 'em GOOD! :D:D

pamperedbecky said:
Yeah, I think it wore me out and made me sick.:) Not enough sleep lately. Oh well, it was worth it! If you have the chance to ever throw anyone a surprise party and the surprise actually works, it's AWESOME. We got 'em GOOD! :D:D

KEWL!!! We did recently for a friend...it was AWESOME!!!

pamperedbecky said:

We did this for my parents 25th Anni! They were suprised and so happy we did! It was great! Congrats to you Beck! I am soo happy for you! You are ON FIRE!!!:chef:

rcrowe1966 said:
I let the suspense build long enough...I decided to have Becky (pamperedbecky) be my recruiter and so far I have been pleased. She is so responsive to all my questions. Reading through all of these posts here and throughout CS, I would have been well served with just about anyone. I am proud to be a member of CS with you strong women and men! Thanks for your inspiration and perspiration (hard work):)Robert
Congrats to you and to Becky. I don't know her very well, but we did room together at conference last year. She's a great roommate!

Congratulations Robert on choosing Becky as your recruiter - she is my director as well - we live in the same town and she is awesome!! You will always have your questions answered on a timely basis as well - good luck with PC!

Congrats on your decision to become a consultant! I am in Fort Collins and we have cluster meeting the second monday of every month. I will give you all the info that you need. If you still need it.

jennspromise said:
Congrats on your decision to become a consultant! I am in Fort Collins and we have cluster meeting the second monday of every month. I will give you all the info that you need. If you still need it.

Oh how cool. I went to CSU. I miss it so much! One of my good friends works at CSU and we happen to be meeting up in Vegas tomorrow for a long girls' weekend! I haven't been back to Ft. Collins in 4 years. :(

<h2>1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef Consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, build your own business, and have the flexibility to work on your own schedule. You also get to enjoy discounts on products, attend training and events, and be a part of a supportive community.</p><h2>2. How do I become a Pampered Chef Consultant?</h2><p>The first step is to find a consultant in your area or contact the Pampered Chef Corporate Office to get started. They will guide you through the process of signing up and getting your business started.</p><h2>3. What kind of training options are available for new consultants?</h2><p>Pampered Chef offers various training options for new consultants, including online training, in-person training, and one-on-one training with a mentor. You can also attend conferences and workshops to enhance your skills and knowledge.</p><h2>4. Is it better to find a local consultant for personalized training or work with a consultant remotely?</h2><p>This ultimately depends on your personal preference and availability. If you have a consultant in your area who is willing to provide personalized training, that can be a great option. However, if you are unable to find a local consultant, working with a consultant remotely through phone or internet can also be effective.</p><h2>5. Can I start my Pampered Chef business immediately or do I need to wait for training?</h2><p>You can start your business right away, but it is recommended to complete some training before hosting your first party. This will help you feel more confident and prepared to host successful parties and grow your business. However, if you feel ready to start hosting parties immediately, you can do so with the guidance of your mentor or consultant.</p>

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant?

As a Pampered Chef Consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, build your own business, and have the flexibility to work on your own schedule. You also get to enjoy discounts on products, attend training and events, and be a part of a supportive community.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef Consultant?

The first step is to find a consultant in your area or contact the Pampered Chef Corporate Office to get started. They will guide you through the process of signing up and getting your business started.

3. What kind of training options are available for new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers various training options for new consultants, including online training, in-person training, and one-on-one training with a mentor. You can also attend conferences and workshops to enhance your skills and knowledge.

4. Is it better to find a local consultant for personalized training or work with a consultant remotely?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and availability. If you have a consultant in your area who is willing to provide personalized training, that can be a great option. However, if you are unable to find a local consultant, working with a consultant remotely through phone or internet can also be effective.

5. Can I start my Pampered Chef business immediately or do I need to wait for training?

You can start your business right away, but it is recommended to complete some training before hosting your first party. This will help you feel more confident and prepared to host successful parties and grow your business. However, if you feel ready to start hosting parties immediately, you can do so with the guidance of your mentor or consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • Melissa Burkett
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Heather Collins