• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quesadilla Cups With Nectarine Salsa

In summary, the quesadilla cups turned out great, but I think it would have been better if I had prepped them. I will definitely be demoing the salsa at the show.
vanscootin
Gold Member
I want to take these to a show however it says to serve immediately. I don't want to make them at my show because I am doing the chicken in the DCB as well.

I was wondering if anyone has made these yet and how they turned out.

I was thinking I would prepare everything and then assemble when I got there. I wanted to avoid using her oven and doing too much. This is my first show that isn't for a friend or family member and I want to make sure I do it right. I'm super nervous.

Any suggestions?

I have made these my last 2 shows and they have been a hit! Here's what I did:
1) took a 4lb chicken that was seasoned with our SW seasoning (made it at home because host micro was too small)

2) demo'd quesadilla cups (put all salsa ingredients in batter bowl and used salad choppers to pass along) you can have as much prepped as you want to shorten the demo

3) cut up chicken with salad choppers and grated some cheese. Put in serving pieces
( along with some sour cream and salsa) to make chicken soft taco bar

This only took about 40-45 min- like to get others talking and participating alot- and everyone has loved it!

Good luck with your show!

Ok, I'm confused... There is not chicken in the quesadilla cups... Just veggies and cheese. They are a hit, and they are awesome.

ok I'm confused also!!
I am doing the quesadilla cups at a show tomorrow and wanted to know the same thing if they will be ok to be premade to avoid using her oven!!

Krista Burson said:
Ok, I'm confused... There is not chicken in the quesadilla cups... Just veggies and cheese. They are a hit, and they are awesome.

I think she was saying that she did a 30 minute chicken for a Taco Bar, AND did the quesadilla cups while the chicken was cooking. LOL.:D

Yes, did both. I usually do two recipes if I'm doing the 30 min chicken.

I was responsible for making these for our recent cluster meeting last week. Our meeting was at 7:30 and I made them ahead of time. They came out fine. My suggestion would be if you are bringing them to a show, I would pre-make the salsa part, then maybe demo the rest. I felt like if you brought them to a show they might get soggy with the salsa on them already. They are very easy to make though!

If you're doing a different recipe for the demo, then I think it would be fine to prep the tortillas triangles, get the cheese ready in chunks, and have the salsa all made up. Then put it together and bake them at the show. They bake up really quickly and taste so good when fresh out of the oven. Stick them in the oven right before you will be ready to serve them. Let everyone put their own salsa on top if you'll be busy doing something else or as you give your closing talk you could be placing the salsa on top of each one. Just some ideas. They are SOOO GOOD! Having said all that, I don't ever prep food at home for shows. It's too much work for me, but many people do food prep for shows at home before they leave. To each her/his own.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I premade the salsa... when I went to the store yesterday that didn't have nectarines and the peaches were over ripe so I bought a mango... and they didn't have a serrano pepper so I used a japaleno... it came out AMAZING!

1. How do I make the quesadilla cups?

To make the quesadilla cups, you will need a muffin tin and wonton wrappers. Preheat your oven to 375°F and spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each cup, pressing it down to form a cup shape. Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

2. What ingredients do I need for the nectarine salsa?

You will need diced nectarines, diced red onion, diced red bell pepper, chopped cilantro, lime juice, honey, and salt to make the nectarine salsa. You can also add diced jalapenos for some heat if desired.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit for the salsa?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer or have on hand for the salsa. Some other great options include mango, pineapple, or peaches.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the quesadilla cups and the nectarine salsa ahead of time. Store the cups in an airtight container at room temperature and the salsa in the refrigerator. Assemble the cups with the salsa just before serving for best results.

5. Are these quesadilla cups gluten-free?

Yes, these quesadilla cups are gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free wonton wrappers. You can also make them vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in the salsa recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies