• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protect Yourself from Phone Scams: ATT&T Billing Disruption Warning

AnnIn summary, a scammer claiming to be from AT&T called Ann's husband and said there was a $400 balance on their bill. Her husband hung up and reported it to AT&T, who confirmed it was a scam. The scammer gave a name and badge number, but it's important to always be cautious when receiving unexpected calls about personal information. Ann also shares her personal experience as a Pampered Chef consultant and how she encourages her customers to be careful with personal information.
aried
Gold Member
My husband got a call from someone claiming to be with ATT&T and said there was a disruption on the billing and there is a $400 balance! He hung up on them before they got any information from him. I knew we didn't have a balance that big. He called ATT&T and reported it and it sounds like it's not the first time about calls scammed. The scam guy gave a name and badge number.

Ann R.

People will do anything...But heh, here is a GOOD lesson on phone courage. If they are willing to pick up the phone to call and try and scam you, why aren't you willing to pick up the phone to offer them great products and a valuable opportunity! :)...just my "deep thought" for the day...

A friend of mine is going through the identical scam but the caller claims to be from MCI. She is so concerned about paying bills on time and bureau reports that she kept talking to the guy. I told her to just hang up on him - they were never an MCI customer and she seemed shocked when I pointed out that MCI went bankrupt years ago.

I don't trust ANYONE calling me that I don't know and can't identify with Caller ID.

Hi Ann,I'm so sorry to hear about the scam call your husband received. It's unfortunate that there are people out there trying to take advantage of others. I'm glad your husband hung up and reported it to AT&T. It's important to always be cautious when receiving unexpected calls about billing or personal information.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I always encourage my customers to be careful when giving out personal information, whether it's over the phone or online. It's always better to be safe than sorry.If you have any upcoming parties or events where you'll be cooking, I'd love to help you plan some delicious recipes using our Pampered Chef products. Let me know if you're interested and we can schedule a time to chat.Take care,

1. What is a phone scam?

A phone scam is a type of fraud where a scammer uses the telephone to trick or deceive someone into giving them money or personal information.

2. How do phone scammers get my phone number?

Phone scammers can obtain phone numbers through a variety of methods, such as purchasing lists from data brokers or using automated phone dialers to randomly generate numbers.

3. What are some common phone scam tactics?

Some common phone scam tactics include pretending to be a government agency, offering fake prizes or services, or creating a sense of urgency to pressure the victim into giving money or information.

4. How can I protect myself from phone scams?

To protect yourself from phone scams, it is important to never give out personal information or send money to someone you do not know over the phone. You can also register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry to reduce the number of unsolicited calls you receive.

5. What should I do if I think I have been a victim of a phone scam?

If you think you have been a victim of a phone scam, you should immediately hang up and report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint. You should also contact your local law enforcement agency and your telephone service provider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef_2_Four
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies