• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product for Grating Cheddar Cheese

In summary, the Deluxe Cheese Grater with the larger-holed barrel is supposed to be good with softer cheeses like cheddar and colby. But, you still have to cut it up into pieces to put it in the food holder. You can use the deluxe cheese grater, but again, I wouldn't want to do 2 lbs with it.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, so A good friend of mine is a current catalog host, and aside from the ultimate mandoline that does have the blade for cheeses, are there any other PC products which I could suggest to her?

Everything else I see in the catalog mentions hard cheeses..like parmasean, but just shredding normal cheese..like colby, monterrey jack, cheddar..

I mean I don't see any options aside from the mandoline, and even i don't like the mandoline as an option to shred 2 lbs of cheese when i need it for a pizza..

Anythoughts?

The Deluxe Cheese Grater with the larger-holed barrel is supposed to be good with softer cheeses like cheddar and colby. But, you still have to cut it up into pieces to put it in the food holder.

You can use the deluxe cheese grater, but again, I wouldn't want to do 2 lbs with it.

ya exactly..I mean, i still use an old fashion type grater, but still I wish PC had something more userfriendly..

To me, taking 2 lbs worth of cheese, and cutting into little sections like necessary in these options isn't user-friendly...

And fresh shredded is SO MUCH better than prepackaged- pre-shredded cheese..

I have tried the microplane adjustable grater, and it makes lovely little shreds, but also don't know how it would do with 2 lbs

You can use the Ultimate Mandoline without the food holder. Just put the grating blade in and use it like a regular one. Watch your knuckles! :)

chelynn said:
You can use the Ultimate Mandoline without the food holder. Just put the grating blade in and use it like a regular one. Watch your knuckles! :)
That's what my Consultant did (before I became a consultant) when I hosted my party.

I would honestly say that the only easier option besides the mandoline would be to go electric. I don't think any company has a better option than the mandoline that doesn't use electricity IMHO (besides buying it already shredded).

I HAVE grated 2 lbs with the DCG - nuke your portions for about 5 seconds immediately before you shred them. It took me about 5 minutes to do 2 lbs, but I did have them cubed first.

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Grater to grate cheddar cheese?

To use the Pampered Chef Grater for cheddar cheese, simply hold the grater over a bowl or plate and firmly press the cheese against the blades. Use a back and forth motion to grate the cheese to your desired consistency.

2. Can the Pampered Chef Grater be used for other types of cheese besides cheddar?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grater can be used for a variety of hard and semi-hard cheeses, such as parmesan, gouda, and mozzarella. It can also be used for grating vegetables like carrots and zucchini.

3. Is the Pampered Chef Grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grater is dishwasher safe. However, for best results, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly before storing.

4. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Grater after grating cheddar cheese?

To clean the grater after grating cheddar cheese, simply rinse it under warm water to remove any cheese particles. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any stubborn pieces of cheese stuck in the blades. Dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Is the Pampered Chef Grater made of stainless steel?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grater is made of high-quality stainless steel, making it durable and long-lasting. It also has a comfortable handle for easy use and a non-slip base for stability while grating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • luvmypomeranian