• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem: Online Ordering Not Available for First 30 Days.

In summary, Cathy's idea is to have someone make a wish list and have it set up as a show on the website. Guests can enter orders.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I sign up tomorrow, I have a pretty good lead on a wedding registry. The problem? I don't think I can do a registry until after my 30 days, correct? The shower is 3/29 and I think that would be too late?

Guess I will have to give this one over to my director :( If it pans out. What a bummer. I would be so sad if it is a really huge amt. I want the PC $$ :)

PCMelissa said:
I sign up tomorrow, I have a pretty good lead on a wedding registry. The problem? I don't think I can do a registry until after my 30 days, correct? The shower is 3/29 and I think that would be too late?

Guess I will have to give this one over to my director :( If it pans out. What a bummer. I would be so sad if it is a really huge amt. I want the PC $$ :)

The online registry, and the Shower, are 2 separate "shows".......I usually encourage my Bridal Shower brides to make a wish list, and we use that at the shower, and then create a registry for after the shower, to be used for the Wedding.

So do a "fake" registry - have her go through the catalog and tell you what she wants, and anytime someone calls or emails you for an order for her "registry", submit it as an order for a show. Submit the show by the date so that all the orders are in before the shower. There is always a way around it if you want it bad enough! Good luck! :)

I think my original post was confusing. I only have a registry lead. I meant her regular shower that people would buy for. But, I am getting your point. I know there is at least one other shower than the one on 3/29...and then there is still the wedding. But, I think she would be less willing to register if she were to do it after one shower. Cathy, I really like your idea and though DUH! Why didn't I think of that. But the one thing that is really selling this is that She is in NC, I am in MI, and although most of her guests are also from MI and the wedding is in MI, she LOVED the idea of doing it all online, KWIM? :)

PCMelissa said:
Cathy, I really like your idea and though DUH! Why didn't I think of that. But the one thing that is really selling this is that She is in NC, I am in MI, and although most of her guests are also from MI and the wedding is in MI, she LOVED the idea of doing it all online, KWIM?

:)

Does she have a wedding website? She can put a link to pc.com on her website and list all the items she wants and then put your email address and phone number on there to contact to order. Then it's still online - not like a "shop online" deal, but at least they can see the items and the prices! Just a thought.

You can do shows right away so like Cathy said, have her make a wishlist, and set it up as a show and send e-vites with her wishlist. They can enter orders on the website still and/or e-mail you.

And it is qualification that you get those rights, not just 30 days. So if you get 4 show in you can do it too.

PCMelissa said:

Are you planning to get a PC website right away? If so, here's what you can do.....put her entire wish list on your website under one of your "News" items. You can list it under a heading of "Susie Smith's wedding wish list" or something like that. it'll be time-consuming, but you can list each product, item # and quantity. Then leave instructions that they need to contact YOU to purchase them. It's not an official registry, but you can either set it up as a Show on your website and people can place orders that way (she would be listed as the "host" so the show will be shipped to her) or people can contact you directly to order and you can enter the orders in Pampered Partner Plus. Just be sure the guests know NOT to purchase it directly through PC.com because then the order will go to an area director.

Does this all make sense? My brain cells are gone for today, but I think this how it could still work to keep it organized and so you get the credit for it since she's not doing an official PC shower. I guess the only confusing part is the show won't "close" until the bride closes it out. Or people can have it shipped directly to them to personally give to the bride, but that may not happen in time for the shower. YOu can go in and update her wish list as people purchase items from it. I hope this makes sense.:D

ETA: Or just qualify ASAP THEN you can get a registry listed on your website, but there may not be enough time for that.

cathyskitchen said:
Does she have a wedding website? She can put a link to pc.com on her website and list all the items she wants and then put your email address and phone number on there to contact to order. Then it's still online - not like a "shop online" deal, but at least they can see the items and the prices! Just a thought.
I'd caution against this only because guests will mostly like purchase products through the main website even if told not to. Then the sale goes to someone else.:(

Congrats on the lead!! :chef:

It's not after 30 days, it's after you qualify. I qualified in 2 shows (and much earlier than my 30 days) so it is possible! Do you already have your shows lined up? Have you planned a grand opening? I would recommend doing one, counts towards your 4 shows and your $1250...plus it's great practice and can help you with more booking leads! :)

Oh, this all makes me feel so much better. I do have 2 grand opening shows planned, that I am hoping to qualify out of. If not, I have another show the next day, and another the next weekend. Of course, I am hoping to continue to book my first 30 days up... if only my friends would pick dates darn it! haha!

Ok, so I could technically qualify in the first week. Well, my debut is not until 2/29, and I sign tomorrow, so not really my first week- but I mean my first week of shows. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Related to Problem: Online Ordering Not Available for First 30 Days.

1. Why is online ordering not available for the first 30 days?

As a company, we want to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible. By temporarily suspending online ordering for the first 30 days, we can make sure that all systems are running smoothly and any potential issues are resolved before opening up online ordering.

2. Can I still place an order during this period?

Yes, you can still place an order through our catalog or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant directly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

3. Will I still be able to earn host rewards during this time?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards by hosting a party with your Pampered Chef consultant. Your consultant will help you with the ordering process and ensure that you receive your host rewards.

4. Can I create a wishlist during this period?

Unfortunately, wishlists cannot be created during this time. However, you can save items to your wishlist once online ordering becomes available after the first 30 days.

5. Will online ordering be available after the 30 day period?

Yes, online ordering will be available after the first 30 days. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide the best online shopping experience for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • chef_goods
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
leannvv
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies