• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preventing Stickiness: Tips for Using a Wooden Baker's Roller Safely

In summary, the conversation was about the benefits and drawbacks of using technology in education. One person argued that technology can enhance learning and make it more engaging for students, while another person pointed out that it can be a distraction and negatively impact social skills. They also discussed the importance of balance and utilizing technology effectively in the classroom.
ragschef
I have a client who has a wooden baker's roller and it sticks. Any suggestions on keeping it from sticking to the dough would be appreciated. This item was before my time and I love my silicone one. I tried to get her to buy one, but she said she liked her wooden one too much. So I gave her incentive to host a show -- if she got a $400 show in Dec, she can get a free new one from me. Still no luck.

Sticking to the original post though, what ideas can I give her to keep it form sticking. I know my g-ma used mineral oil on her wooden one, but not sure if this is really safe.

Thanks for any help.

I always use flour when rolling with it...just like an old-fashioned wood rolling pin - it works the same to me.

I just used mine the other day for cut-out cinnamon cookies - flour on the roller...

Flour.

And yes, Mineral Oil is safe for wood. When I had wooden cutting boards (pre-PC) I would use Mineral Oil on them to keep them from drying out.

DebbieJ said:
Flour.

And yes, Mineral Oil is safe for wood. When I had wooden cutting boards (pre-PC) I would use Mineral Oil on them to keep them from drying out.

But with the mineral oil, pardon me for asking, but does it affect you when you use iton your boards and pins? :blushing:

no it does not. it soaks into the wood.

Related to Preventing Stickiness: Tips for Using a Wooden Baker's Roller Safely

1. How can I keep my wooden baker's roller from sticking to dough?

One solution is to use a non-stick spray on the roller before use. You can also rub the roller with flour or cornstarch to prevent sticking.

2. Is it safe to use mineral oil on a wooden baker's roller?

Yes, mineral oil is a safe option for preventing sticking on a wooden roller. However, it may not be as effective as other methods such as using a non-stick spray or flour.

3. Can I use a silicone baker's roller instead of a wooden one?

Yes, silicone rollers are a great alternative to wooden ones as they are naturally non-stick and do not require any additional measures to prevent sticking.

4. Are there any other methods for preventing stickiness on a wooden baker's roller?

You can try lightly sanding the surface of the roller to create a smoother surface that will be less likely to stick. Another option is to store the roller in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture accumulation.

5. How can I convince someone to switch from a wooden baker's roller to a silicone one?

You can highlight the benefits of using a silicone roller, such as its non-stick properties and ease of cleaning. You can also offer a demonstration to show how it works compared to a wooden roller. Additionally, offering a promotion or incentive like a free new roller can also be persuasive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjulie
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Products and Tips
Replies