• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Praying for My Daughter's Health: A Mother's Anxious Wait for News from the ER

In summary, Linda's 25-year-old daughter, who has only been living in Atlanta for four months and does not have a regular doctor, went to a walk-in clinic after experiencing severe abdominal pain and was told to go home and go to the emergency room if the pain didn't subside. Linda is anxiously waiting for news and her daughter's boyfriend is supposed to call as soon as he hears something. The clinic's decision to send her home is questioned, and it is revealed that she is currently in the hospital undergoing a CT scan. The doctor believes it is appendicitis and she is scheduled for surgery. Linda and her husband make the trip to Atlanta and their daughter's surgery is successful. She is now in recovery and Linda is
time2cook
My 25 year old daughter is in the ER getting a CAT scan done because they think she is having an appendicitis. I am sitting by the phone anxiously waiting for news. She lives in Atlanta and we are in VA. Her boyfriend is supposed to call as soon as he hears something. She has only been in Atlanta for about 4 months and doesn't have a regular doctor yet. She called early this morning telling me that she had been awake since around 3:00 with a severe pain in her right side and then she got sick to her stomach. She went to a walk in clinic where they took x-rays and told her that they thought it was her appendix, but to go home and if the pain didn't go away in a few hours to go to the ER. The waiting is driving me crazy, I am not used to this. I would much rather be there waiting with her. Please say a prayer for her to know that she is surrounded by love and that the doctors will have an answer soon. Thanks, Linda

I live in Atlanta and have a great Gastroenterologist. Her name is Diane Wisebram. I am kind of surprised the clinic told her to go home. Appendicitis is not something you mess with. She might want to go ahead and head to a hospital.

In what part of Atlanta does she live? I can give you the names of the best hospitals near her.

Lisa

My husband had appendicitis about 3 months ago, it came on very sudden but we got him the hospital, operated on and he is fully recovered. I will keep your daughter in my thoughts, it is scary to go through, but she will be fine :)
I can't beleive they sent her home and not to the ER, that is crazy!!

She is outside of the city, in Buckhead. She had gone to Perimeter Clinic on Roswell Road this morning. She is in the hospital ER right now. The last call I had from her boyfriend was about 2 1/2 hours ago and the were prepping her for the CT scan.

AT least she is in the hospital now and in good hands!!

time2cook said:
She is outside of the city, in Buckhead. She had gone to Perimeter Clinic on Roswell Road this morning. She is in the hospital ER right now. The last call I had from her boyfriend was about 2 1/2 hours ago and the were prepping her for the CT scan.

That's great to read. We really do have some great hospitals in that area. I hope she gets well very quickly!

Her BF just called and said that they finally took her up for the CT. The doctor said that if the CT shows that it is her appendix (which he is pretty sure it is) then she will go into surgery around 10:30-11:00 (another girl is in there right now with the same thing and is scheduled to have hers removed first). And if the CT doesn't show anything, she will still stay the night in the hospital for observation. So, now back to waiting for the phone to ring. She is going to call as soon as she is done with the CT scan.

She just called. She will be having surgery in a few hours. Looks like we are heading to Atlanta for a quick trip. As quick as 9 hours can be--but she is worth it. We will just be going for a day and then back home. Gotta go pack and make a few arrangements.

Good luck with everything - may your daughter's surgery go smoothly and recovery be quick as well!

Hope that all goes well. Be safe driving there and back!

Drive carefully and hope it all goes well!

Your daughter will be in my prayers. Have a safe trip!

Prayers for traveling mercies and prayers for a smooth and uneventful and successful surgery for your daughter!

Prayers for your daughter, you, Dad, BF and everyone else...safe travels too!

Thank you all for your prayers. We just got back home and I know prayers are what got us home safely. My daughter is recovering from her ordeal. The doctor said that the appendix was attaching itself to the intestine which is why her pain was so bad. But the surgery went well and she is just in recovery pain now. DH took today off, but there is no rest for me. My grandson (15 months) will be here in about an hour, I will have him all day.

Glad to hear everything went well. Praying for a smooth recovery!

I am so glad she is doing so well and you and your husband got home safely.

Glad to hear she's on the road to recovery...now I hope you get some needed rest.

1. How can I incorporate "Prayers for My Daughter" into my daily routine?

One way to incorporate these prayers into your daily routine is by setting aside a specific time each day to pray for your daughter, such as before bedtime or during your morning routine. You can also incorporate them into your own personal prayers or use them as a guide for writing your own personalized prayers.

2. Are these prayers specific to a certain age or stage of life?

These prayers are meant to be adaptable for daughters of all ages and stages of life. They can be used for young daughters, teenage daughters, and even adult daughters. You can also modify them to fit your daughter's specific needs and circumstances.

3. Can I use these prayers for my son as well?

While these prayers are specifically written for daughters, they can also be modified to be used for sons. Simply change the pronouns and any references to "daughter" to fit your son's gender.

4. Are there any specific religious beliefs or practices associated with these prayers?

These prayers do not align with any specific religious beliefs or practices and can be used by anyone regardless of their faith. They offer general blessings, guidance, and well wishes for daughters.

5. Can I share these prayers with other parents or family members?

Yes, you are welcome to share these prayers with other parents or family members. They can be a meaningful gift for expectant parents, or a thoughtful gesture for anyone with a daughter. You can also share them on social media or in a group setting for anyone who may find them helpful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• D'scookins307
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies