• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Praying for a Speedy Recovery from Rib Injury - Help Needed!

In summary, the speaker is injured and unable to lift anything due to a cracked rib. They are also trying to balance their full-time job and taking care of their sick child. They ask for prayers and suggest recruiting someone to help with their shows and splitting the commission. Other options are also discussed, such as asking hosts for help, bringing a friend or hiring a teen, and offering extra gifts for assistance. The speaker expresses gratitude for the support and prayers.
ragschef
I have a few shows this month and Sunday night I cracked a rib and the doc says not to lift anything and that it may take up to 6 weeks to heal. I don't need that long of a recovery time (I can't afford it) and I can't go to shows and ask my host to do everything because I can't lift anything. My 4YO is sick as well and always wants to be held. I feel awful that I can't pick her up andhold her. I am trying to work my FT job too. Please keep me in your prayers for the next couple of weeks please for a speedy recovery.

thanks so much! i knew i could turn to you guys!

I will be praying for you. Do you have a recruit that you could get to do the shows with you and split the commision. You can put it in under your name, so you get the sales points, etc. Just a thought.

Ouch! That hurts, I know. I'll be praying it heals quickly!

It is okay to ask hosts to help you with lifting and carrying, though. Almost all will be completely understanding and want to help. Wouldn't you want to help if you were the host?

Might be a good way to recruit. Pack light, and then you can show them how easy it is to haul your stuff in and out! :)

You might even offer them and extra little gift for helping.

Wow! You will be in my prayers.

I agree there are other options! Just bring some of the fun holiday gift ideas and make a simple recipe. Chocolate Chip Sensation is my fall back recipe. It doesn't take that many products or a very long time to make.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Do you have a friend you could take with you to help and maybe pay her with a PC product? I did that after my surgery in September - she was thrilled to get the gifts (tried to refuse it) and enjoyed the nights out. Who knows, you might get a recruit through it all.

Another option is hiring a teen to help you. Or could your DH take you, unload, come back and load for you?

I pray for a speedy recovery!!!

Sending prayers your way!!

Related to Praying for a Speedy Recovery from Rib Injury - Help Needed!

1. How long does it usually take for a cracked rib to heal?

The recovery time for a cracked rib can vary depending on the severity of the injury. In most cases, it can take up to 6 weeks for the rib to heal completely. However, this can also vary from person to person and some may heal faster than others.

2. Can I still perform my daily tasks while recovering from a rib injury?

It is important to follow your doctor's instructions and avoid any activities that may strain or aggravate your injury. This may mean taking a break from certain tasks, such as lifting heavy objects, until your rib has fully healed.

3. Is it safe to ask for help during my recovery period?

It is completely understandable to need help during your recovery from a rib injury. It is important to prioritize your health and ask for assistance from friends, family, or coworkers if needed. This can help prevent further injury or delay in the healing process.

4. How can I still take care of my child while recovering from a rib injury?

It can be challenging to care for a child while recovering from a rib injury, especially if they require being held or carried. It is important to communicate with your child and explain your limitations. You can also try finding alternative ways to interact and play with them that do not involve lifting or carrying.

5. Can prayer help with my recovery from a rib injury?

While prayer may not directly heal your injury, it can provide comfort and strength during your recovery process. It can also help to reduce stress and promote a positive mindset, which can aid in the healing process. It is always beneficial to have a strong support system, whether it be through prayer or other means, during a difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefmeg
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat