• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed: Vanessa Seeks Support During Deployment and Anxiety

V
vwpamperedchef
Hi all,

I know the power of prayer works. Please keep me in your prayers. Having some anxiety issues...deployment and everyday stress I suppose. I don't like feeling like this and could use any extra prayers you can give. :)

Many thanks, Vanessa

Hey Vanessa....I am just a phone call and a quick drive away...(I always can use an excuse to see the beach!!) I was just thinking about you ...and this popped up!! {{{{{Hugs}}}}} for you. What we need is spring around here...guess what--1 month until the official start of spring:sing:..Praying for both you and your DH!!!!

Prayers for you hon, I hope things calm down.

Prayers for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

I can only imagine how hard a deployment may be - prayers being said.

I'll be praying.

I will be praying...

Thoughts and prayers to ya!!! Hang in there!

I'm praying for you.

Vanessa, Everyone on here was so helpful last summer when my boyfriend was deployed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how tough this can be.

pampered.chris said:
Vanessa, Everyone on here was so helpful last summer when my boyfriend was deployed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how tough this can be.

Thanks Chris and everyone!! I did not think it was the deployment (at all) had an late night ER visit this week which turned out to be nothing, THANK GOD, but brought out the anxiety.

I thank you all for your prayers!!

Vanessa, I have been in your shoes. I know exactly how you are feeling, so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It's a hard time to deal with a deployment and nobody knows what you are going through except for those who have had a spouse deployed overseas.

One thing that helped me get through it, was I kept a daily journal and so did my husband and when we finished one, we'd mail them to each other and it was such a comfort!!

I know what you mean about the anxiety. Everything is going just fine and all of the sudden wham! You feel like someone flipped everything upside down and you are no longer as confident as you were and then the depression feelings start. It is a vicious cycle and it just...well...sucks.

I know you have a year down for how long he is gone, but when is that over?

pampcheflisa said:
Vanessa, I have been in your shoes. I know exactly how you are feeling, so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It's a hard time to deal with a deployment and nobody knows what you are going through except for those who have had a spouse deployed overseas.

One thing that helped me get through it, was I kept a daily journal and so did my husband and when we finished one, we'd mail them to each other and it was such a comfort!!

That is a really awesome idea. I don't think my BF would ever do that though, heck I can't even get him to read a book let alone write in a journal.

I agree about the "in your shoes" part. One of my best friends was constantly telling me, well my bf lives 5 hours away I know what you mean and it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. She and I almost ended our friendship over it. I just couldn't get her to understand that while they choose to live 5 hours apart, we didn't choose to put my bf in a war zone. Not the same.

But everyone on here was so helpful and understanding. The encouraging words and the prayers were amazing. This site helped me so much during his deployment.

pampered.chris said:
That is a really awesome idea. I don't think my BF would ever do that though, heck I can't even get him to read a book let alone write in a journal.

I agree about the "in your shoes" part. One of my best friends was constantly telling me, well my bf lives 5 hours away I know what you mean and it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. She and I almost ended our friendship over it. I just couldn't get her to understand that while they choose to live 5 hours apart, we didn't choose to put my bf in a war zone. Not the same.

But everyone on here was so helpful and understanding. The encouraging words and the prayers were amazing. This site helped me so much during his deployment.

I know exactly that part as well too. It's amazing what people will say to you to try and "comfort" you or whatever it is in their head they think they are saying. Even my in-laws, my DH's own parents were AWFUL. I could go on for days about it. I had never felt so lonely in my life. And Scared. And anxious/nervous.

I convinced my DH to write in the journal and he was skeptical at first, but he was actually glad that he did it, b/c he was a CPT and there was only so much he could talk to his guys about. So, it ended up being a release for him. I highly suggest that for people who go through it. Maybe our boys will find it cool one day.....(or not!!)

BIG Hugs Vanessa!!

pampcheflisa said:
I know exactly that part as well too. It's amazing what people will say to you to try and "comfort" you or whatever it is in their head they think they are saying. Even my in-laws, my DH's own parents were AWFUL. I could go on for days about it. I had never felt so lonely in my life. And Scared. And anxious/nervous.

I convinced my DH to write in the journal and he was skeptical at first, but he was actually glad that he did it, b/c he was a CPT and there was only so much he could talk to his guys about. So, it ended up being a release for him. I highly suggest that for people who go through it. Maybe our boys will find it cool one day.....(or not!!)

They were the worst for me too!! I actually had to yell at his mom b/c she was so negative to me and to everyone when she talked about him. She was even negative to him and we all know the guys (and girls) don't need that when they are serving overseas or anywhere. They need support as do the families.

I felt like his mom thought that it was the worst for just her and no one else could possibly understand what it was like. I get that it is tough for your son/daughter to be gone, I get that. But it doesn't mean it isn't tough on the spouse or other person in their life. or my daughter. She had a really hard time with it. (Not his daughter, but she feels for him like he is her dad).

Vanessa, sorry to hijack your thread. If you want to pm me at any time to talk more, I am all ears and I would be a hug and a shoulder if we were closer. Just remember when he gets home, you'll wonder why you missed him when he is leaving his dirty clothes all over and making a mess in the house and irritating your peaceful place...or maybe that was just me...LOL!!

Again, prayers!!

Vanessa, my prayers are with you both. Seek out your friends that offer to talk with you on the phone if you feel like talking -- amazing it really makes you feel better. Now is the time you need to rely on friends and family to help you through this -- I know from my son having been in the Army how hard this can be. You really can do it, no one is saying it is easy, but you can do it. Huge hugs to you from NYS. Try and smile some from all the warmth everyone is casting your way.

You know I am praying for you and am here whenever you need me.

Thinking of you Vanessa!

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and concern.

Chris, to answer your questions he will return from deployment Oct/Nov this year. I saw him just before Christmas before he left. He has another year with his current unit once he returns. (He works about 3 hours from home, has an apt out there and comes home on weekends). Still making life difficult.

After that he will try to get a position closer to home. One of the bases is facing closure, and the other one is 45 mins away. So that is something to look forward to in 2011.

After that he will have probably 7-8 years before retirement. He has 20 years in, but only 10 are "good" years. The other 10 are inactive time, but still count towards retirement (or so I understand).

I like the idea of a journal, but I think for the most part it would only be me keeping the journal. He works 15 or more hours a day, 7 days a week. He's 2nd in command of the unit. Leaves practically no time for anything, and sleeping in is a rare treat.

Thank you for the thoughtfulness of this board and those of you who PM'd me privately. Your generousity means more then you know.

HUGS!

You are in my prayers. Having never gone through this except with my nephew, I don't know how it feels to have a spouse gone, but I will pray for you both! HUGS!

Related to Prayers Needed: Vanessa Seeks Support During Deployment and Anxiety

1. What is the purpose of prayer during deployment and anxiety?

Prayer can provide comfort, support, and a sense of peace during times of stress and uncertainty. It allows individuals to connect with a higher power and feel a sense of guidance and protection.

2. How can prayer help with anxiety?

Studies have shown that prayer can have a calming effect on the mind and body. It can reduce stress and anxiety by promoting relaxation, positive thinking, and a sense of control over one's thoughts and emotions.

3. Is there scientific evidence that prayer works?

While there is no conclusive scientific evidence that prayer has direct physical effects, studies have shown that it can have positive effects on mental and emotional well-being. It can also serve as a coping mechanism and provide a sense of hope and resilience.

4. Can prayer be used as a sole treatment for anxiety?

Prayer should not be used as the sole treatment for anxiety. It can be used as a complementary practice alongside other treatments such as therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes. It is important to seek professional help if anxiety symptoms are severe or impacting daily life.

5. How can others support someone like Vanessa who is seeking prayers for deployment and anxiety?

Offering emotional support, listening without judgment, and showing understanding can be incredibly helpful for someone dealing with deployment and anxiety. Additionally, offering to pray with them or sending positive thoughts and well wishes can show support and solidarity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies