• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Prayers Needed for Nasal Airway Surgery Tomorrow | Wishing for Good Weather

In summary, Crystal is having surgery tomorrow to improve her breathing. Jean is also having surgery tomorrow to improve her breathing. Both women are hoping for a quick recovery.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Please keep me in your prayers for tomorrow. I'm having nasal airway surgery tomorrow at noon central. It's outpatient so I'll be home tomorrow evening sometime.

Also, say a little prayer for the weather so that we can actually get to the hospital! We have a bit over an hour's drive & they're calling for (more) ice & snow. :yuck:

I'm having it done so that hopefully I'll be well by Christmas & can travel to Denver without incident.

Thanks a bunch!

Crystal,

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!

(I'll be a half an hour behind you....)

Jean

Good luck to both of you - hope it goes well!Right now I'm wishing someone would take a Roto Router to my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sniffle, sniffle...

Prayers coming your way. I also will pray for good weather through it all.

Good luck! Hope all goes well today.

You're in my prayers.

Good luck! I hope it goes well. I want my husband to get that procedure done. He's real bad and constantly has congestion. He gets sinus headaches every day and practically lives on Tylenol Sinus. He finds that if he drinks water throughout the day to stay hydrated, it helps. He's the kind of guy that never takes care of himself or takes the time off work to go to an appointment. So I'm not sure what he would do about the surgery/recovery thing.But best wishes! Let us know how you survived! :)

Praying for you today Crystal!

And you too, Jean!

Good luck to both of you!!!

Things will be smelling pretty for you! :love: Good luck!

Thanks everyone. The surgery went well. I'm feeling ok today, just really tired & my face kinda hurts... gee, I wonder why. My lovely DH seems to have forgotten that he agreed to taking care of the kids for me this week. I can't take any pain medicine right now b/c I'm home by myself with the kids (3 & 4). The 4 yo has dance tonight & when I asked if he was taking her, he responded with he can't be expected to do everything that I do plus what he does too. Just last week though, she wasn't allowed to miss dance. Oh well, I'll make it through. :)

I do have two lovely black eyes. :yuck: At least we had our Christmas pics done two weeks ago... :D

I'm glad you are doing well, and not having too much pain. I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery.

Praying for a quick recovery.

You're in my prayers.

So glad to hear your doing that well! I am having my nose operated on Jan 6th. I had a nose job (b/c of size HUGE!) when I was 18. I am now 35 & have trouble breathing but don't snore b/c of it. lol They are going to add something to my nose so it opens up better toward the end of my nose. So to hear your doing so good that your making it w/out pain pills makes me have hope that I won't be in as much pain as my first nose job! Hope your recovery continues to go well!

Related to Prayers Needed for Nasal Airway Surgery Tomorrow | Wishing for Good Weather

What is nasal airway surgery?

Nasal airway surgery, also known as nasal septoplasty or nasal reconstruction, is a surgical procedure that is performed to correct a deviated septum or other structural problems in the nose. It can help improve breathing and alleviate symptoms such as snoring, congestion, and difficulty breathing through the nose.

Why is good weather important for this surgery?

Good weather is important for this surgery because it can affect the success and safety of the procedure. Inclement weather, such as rain or snow, can make it difficult for the patient to travel to and from the surgery location. It can also impact the availability of medical staff and equipment, which are crucial for a successful surgery.

What are some common risks associated with nasal airway surgery?

Some common risks associated with nasal airway surgery include bleeding, infection, scarring, and changes in the shape or appearance of the nose. There is also a risk of complications related to anesthesia and the use of surgical instruments. It is important to discuss these risks with your doctor before undergoing the surgery.

How can I prepare for nasal airway surgery?

To prepare for nasal airway surgery, it is important to follow your doctor's instructions, which may include avoiding certain medications, quitting smoking, and fasting before the surgery. It is also important to have someone available to drive you home after the procedure and to have a quiet and comfortable place to rest and recover.

What is the recovery process like for nasal airway surgery?

The recovery process for nasal airway surgery can vary depending on the individual and the extent of the surgery. Generally, patients can expect to experience some discomfort, swelling, and congestion for the first few days after the surgery. It is important to follow your doctor's post-operative instructions and attend any follow-up appointments to ensure a smooth recovery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • nikked