• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Friend's 12yo Son in Hospital

In summary, prayers are being sent for the family of a young boy with leukemia and for a family whose husband is in a critical condition.
candiejayne
I am reaching out to all of you because I know a lot of you are religious. I just got word from a good friend of mine that said her boo (12yo DS) is in the hospital. They think it might be Leukemia. She is a survivor herself, has been in remission for 3-4 years. She knows what it's like and is very upset for her boo. If you all could offer a prayer for her and her son I would much appreciate it. She is one of the sweetest people I know, and it hurts me to see them all like this right now. Thanks in advance!

Oh my! How horrible! Prayers being sent for the boy and his entire family and circle of friends.

The family is in my prayers.

Prayers for her, DS and all involved.

I will be praying for all involved. It is so sad when children are ill.

Thank you everyone, she will be very pleased knowing so many are praying for them.

Praying for the family

Oh Jayne, how sad. I'll pray too.

Praying for them as well. I cannot imagine having a sick child...especially with leukemia/cancer...

Thanks again, I sent her a message on FB telling her that I requested prayers for her and her family. I have not been updated yet though.

On another note, my co-worker had her husband in ICU earlier this week, he is awaiting a liver transplant. His health was improving so they moved him out of ICU Wednesday. While we were out to lunch today, she got a phone call from the hospital saying her husband was vomiting blood and taking a turn for the worst and that they were moving him back to ICU. I haven't talked to her since she left for the hospital, but prayers for them would be great too. They have been married for about 20 years, and had a liver transplant about 10 years ago. He has a rare blood type and it may be a while before a liver becomes available. He also is suffering from a staph infection, and his kidneys are starting to fail also. I feel really bad for her.

Wow, I'll be praying for him, too.

I've got a couple updates, my friends son does not have leukemia, but they aren't sure what it is yet. He's feeling better and home, but he still needs to go through testing to find out what.

My friends husband is stablized and they are trying to get a medivac to fly him to Omaha. That is the hospital that did his transplant. We are in a snow storm right now, so as soon as they can fly him out, they will.

Good news about your friend's son - hopefully they'll figure out what is wrong and soon.
Praying for your friend's husband - may he get stronger and a new liver quickly.

Update on my friends husband:

Saturday, they were able to take him by ambulance to Omaha. It's about 5 hours west of us here. His mother went with him, as my friend had to stay here for work. She got a call yesterday morning that he had taken a turn for the worst. He was in critical condition, so she hoppped in the car and started to make that long drive. We haven't heard from her since, but things aren't looking good. His kidneys are failing now too.

They will continually be in my prayers. Thanks for the update Andrea.

Prayers for her and for him. (and for you too)

candiejayne said:
I am reaching out to all of you because I know a lot of you are religious. I just got word from a good friend of mine that said her boo (12yo DS) is in the hospital. They think it might be Leukemia. She is a survivor herself, has been in remission for 3-4 years. She knows what it's like and is very upset for her boo. If you all could offer a prayer for her and her son I would much appreciate it. She is one of the sweetest people I know, and it hurts me to see them all like this right now. Thanks in advance!

I am not Christian, but would like to send positive thoughts and prayers their way still if you don't think they would mind? We have had cancer scares in our family and understand what they are going through.

A final update:

My friend/co-worker lost her husband this morning. I just got the call from our office manager. It's going to be a very trying time for her right now, and I really hope that the stress will be minimal. I am most worried for her daughter, she has some emotional issues already (bi-polar, and manic depressive) and just recently had a new baby. I'll do all that I can for them, but I'm not sure what to do exactly.

So sad, prayers to all.

Related to Prayer Request: Friend's 12yo Son in Hospital

1. Can you please pray for my friend's 12-year-old son who is in the hospital?

Absolutely, we will keep your friend's son in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for a speedy recovery and send love and positive energy to your friend and their family during this difficult time.

2. What is the best way to pray for my friend's son's healing?

Prayer can take many forms and there is no right or wrong way to pray. Some suggestions include offering a heartfelt prayer, sending positive thoughts and energy, or even lighting a candle for healing. The most important thing is to pray with sincerity and love.

3. Are there any specific prayers or verses that can be said for healing?

There are many prayers and verses that can be said for healing. Some popular ones include the Serenity Prayer, Psalm 23, and the Prayer of St. Francis. You can also customize your own prayer or simply speak from the heart.

4. Can I submit a prayer request for my friend's son to be shared with others?

Yes, we welcome prayer requests and would be happy to share your friend's son's name and situation with our community. You can submit a prayer request through our website or by contacting us directly.

5. Is there anything else I can do to support my friend and their son during this difficult time?

In addition to prayer, there are many other ways to show support for your friend and their son. You can offer to help with errands or household tasks, send a thoughtful card or gift, or simply be there to listen and offer a shoulder to lean on. Your love and support can make a big difference during a challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies