• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Our Family: Tori's Fracture

In summary, Tori had a fall yesterday afternoon and bruised her hip. She was in a good mood (laughing at Ally and playing) when we went to the doctor this morning. The doctor said she has a fracture in her tibia and will need a cast. Tori and Ally are in good spirits and are enjoying each other's company.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Hello everyone :)

First a mini intro-our family is myself, my husband, our 3 1/2 yr old daughter Ally and our 2yr old daughter Tori.

I am emailing requesting that you keep our family in your prayers for the upcoming month. Tori had a fall yesterday afternoon and bruised her hip. She wouldn't put any weight on her right leg. We called our Pediatrician and he said that if she was still refusing to put weight on it this morning to go to the ER. She was in a good mood (laughing at Ally and playing she just wouldn't wall or even try to crawl).

We went to AI DuPont this morning and her hip is fine it is just bruised because that is where her landing impact was. They did some X-rays and she has a fracture in her tibia (large lower leg bone where your shin is). The call it a toddler fracture because toddlers don't walk 'heel toe, heel toe' and sometimes the leg will twist and cause it to fracture.

Tori has a splint (gel cast with an ace wrap around it) on now and she will be getting a hard cast on later this week. The cast will from her toes up her leg to just above her knee. She will not be able to walk while in the cast (we think about 2-3 weeks for the cast we will find out for sure when the cast is done how long it has to stay). After the cast she will have another brace to allow her a little mobility but still keep the leg protected.

Tori and Ally have been in good spirits all day (making each other laugh). Tori only seems in pain if she tries to move and when it is time for bed. She really likes to curl up in a ball to sleep and having a straight leg really prohibits this :)

Please keep us in your prayers

Thank you,
Amy

This will be hard for her, but she'll manage. I also fractured my tibia several years ago, and she will indeed get used to the cast. You're going to have a hard time keeping a 2 year old off her foot. Good luck to you. Just try and grin and get through it.

Prayers for a quick recovery for her and that they both stay in good moods!

Kids and breaks are usually good heals....since they are still growing they actually heal WAY BETTER than we do!

Sending prayers your way.

Many prayers... DuPont is a great place your kids are lucky to be able to have the Dr's there to help them. Keep us posted on the progress....

I pray for a quick healing. I know how hard it is to get small kids not to over do it when they are in casts.

My DD did the same at age 2. Sleeping was the hardest part. She just could not get comfy. Give her an extra pillow to rest her leg on. That seemed to help. Luckily, kids heal fast, so she'll be cast-free in 3 weeks or so.
Praying for a speedy recovery for her, and patience for you as she heals.

Poor little thing. Poor Mommy--trying to keep an active toddler still enough to heal properly. Your family will be in my prayers.

Re: For our family UpdateTori has an appointment on Wed at 10am for possibly more xrays and to get whatever type of cast is necessary. She is not sleeping well (we were up every 45mins last night) as she just cannot get comfortable. Thank you for thinking of us.

Last summer (1 1/2 years ago) our then two year old was in a cast from her foot to her mid thigh. They angled it so she could walk on it without putting much weight on it.

By the time her cast was off, she was running with it on. The hardest was watching her AFTER they took the cast off. She had a really hard time finding her "new" center of gravity, and kept toppling over!!! (hoping to give a little humorous relief!)

I don't know if they can do an angled cast with her type of break, but it sure did make life easier for us.

We'll be praying for all of you during this time!!!

Keeping Tori and the family in my thoughts and prayers...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Re: For our family UPDATEThey gave her a cast that is below the knee down and a 'walking shoe'. She is allowed to walk as she wishes when she is ready. We are not to limit her activity (so happy about this :) and they want us to come back on 10/23 for x rays and removal of the cast. They will then either put her in a brace or let her come home without any braces or any supports. I am happy that she is still in a good mood. We are just really tired since she is not sleeping well. Normally she sleeps from 8:30pm-7am. Recently it has been 8:30pm-12am and then up every 45mins. The doctor said that she should sleep better know b/c she can bend at the knee and being in the cast relieves some of the pressure for her. I hope so. We will see in the new few nights :) Thanks for remembering us.

Related to Prayer Request for Our Family: Tori's Fracture

What happened to Tori?

Tori suffered a fracture in her arm while playing outside. She is currently receiving medical treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.

How long will Tori's recovery take?

The exact timeline for Tori's recovery is uncertain, as it depends on how well she responds to treatment. However, we are hopeful that she will be fully healed within a few weeks.

How can I help Tori's family during this time?

Your love, support, and prayers are greatly appreciated by Tori's family. If you would like to provide additional assistance, you can reach out to them directly or donate to any fundraisers that may be set up for Tori's medical expenses.

Will Tori be able to attend future Pampered Chef events?

At this time, it is uncertain if Tori will be able to attend future events. We will keep you updated on her progress and any potential changes in her ability to attend events.

Can I send well wishes or cards to Tori?

Yes, Tori's family would love to receive well wishes and cards for Tori during her recovery. Please reach out to her family for their address or send any messages to our Pampered Chef headquarters, and we will make sure they are delivered to her family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef