• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potty Training Tips: Get Ready to Start Now!

In summary, Amber recommends starting potty training at 2 years old and using rewards like stickers and candies to help motivate the child.
Hi,

Anyone have tips on potty training? My daughter is 2 yrs and 4 months and she is showing a lot of the signs of being ready for potty training. We are thinking of starting this week.

My plan is to take her and let her pick out her own "big girl pants" and starting on Tuesday morning putting her on the potty and then underpants the rest of the day. I'm completely fine with her being in them and if she has an accident, so be it. The next 2 weeks we really don't have anythign going on and that is another reason I want to give it a try now.

Do they sell anything to protect the mattress?

Thanks,

What you plan on doing is exactly what I would recommend. Those Pull-Ups are a waste of money and only prolong the dependency. By the end of the 2 weeks she should be potty trained. Just keep her in panties all day and she'll get the hang of it.

Yes, they do sell mattress covers. I usually use the mattress pads with the plastic back cover (on the top is the regular soft cotton mattress pad and the bottom is plastic). They have some that are just flat and some that are fitted.

My daughter is almost 3 and has been potty trained since she was just about 2. She still wears diapers at night - my Ped. said not to worry about that until she is consistently dry at night or showing signs of being ready. I got her some undies she loved - Elmo, LOL, and made a big deal of how she got to wear them. It sounds silly but when she went potty I would give her a big thumbs up (still do sometimes!) and say "YAY! Well done sweety!" - she was so proud. I also gave her treats for going potty, in our case it was 1 butterscotch chip, 2 extra if she pooped. However, I concentrated on the peeing first and then she did the pooping herself. If we had to go out I would always make sure she went potty first.For a couple of months she wore a diaper at naptime too, but one day I asked if she wanted to try without but reminded her to get up to go potty if she had to. She was fine. She had a few accidents but nothing major. They do sell pads to put on the mattress, they are great. Now she will get up in the morning and take off her diaper so she can go potty. She still goes overnight but that's OK with me right now.Amber

I don't know why I'm reading this thread cause I don't have kids but I just had to pipe up and tell you about my girlfriends little one. One day when I was babysitting and she was being potty trained she told me she had to go and I took her down to the lou and sat her on the potty, I came back in a minute later and she said "I went pee-pee, I'm a good girl" all the time with a bath bead in her mouth. She thought they were candies cause her mom had been giving her soft round candies everytime she went!!!:D

Good advice so far... ...just if she backs off, don't get discouraged. My daughter showed signs at that age and even went on the toilet numerous time on her own (with the kid seat) so we started to "train" her and then she suddenly decided she had no interest. We let her be then a few months later all of a sudden it "clicked" and she's NEVER had an accident. My son on the other hand...grrrr...been working steady for 2 months now...(he turned 3 in December)...he gets it if we TELL him to go, otherwise, he goes in his pants (can't get him to go #2 on the toilet except once or twice). A TOTALLY different experience than our daughter...we've even tried his favorite - Thomas underwear and have had goals for him to earn a toy train. Not there yet, but we're still chugging with him since he is over 3 and I just do a lot of laundry - saves on diapers.

As far as a treat for going...we did stickers. I let my kids pick out their favorite kind of stickers. My daughter loved the scratch and sniff. We had a chart in the bathroom. I put a cheapo sticker on the chart and gave her a scratch and sniff for her shirt. For my boys it was Winnie the Pooh. We chose not to use candy or sweets. By the time the pad of stickers ran out they were going on their own without encouragement. However, my friends who used treats were constantly having to "treat" them.

However, my friends who used treats were constantly having to "treat" them.
We didn't find this at all. I just told her she now only got a treat for pooping in the potty... then gradually just stopped giving them. She didn't even really ask about them!

I am no expert....I am finially proud to say my 21/2 year old is finially potty trained after a grueling 6 monthes. He decided that he was ready on his own, he started to climb out of the tub and go potty on his potty at bath time.

So my great day care provider and us started training every 20 - 30 mins we would take him to the potty. He would get a sticker for trying to go potty and a M&M for potty. He was watching watching one of his friends go potty @ day care so he wanted to go himself. This worked really well and he was a peeing king. If he had an accident free day we would take him out for ice cream, or if we were at the store we would get him something special (especially when he went potty at a store).

Now my son up untill recently didn't want to go #2 in the potty, we would take him potty and then 1 minute later he would poop in his big boy underwear.

Now there were definetely days I wanted to pull my hair out, like my son running around naked and peeing in the dogs water dish! Or we would have accidents but don't get mad at them accidents happen. Now towards the end when my son had a #2 accident he would have to help me clean it up. I don't know if that is why he started pooping in the toilet or if it was just time. I read in 3 diff. books that sometimes it becomes a power struggle, and by having them help clean it up, they are not feeling on top. Anyways like I said I am no expert, do what works best for you and your child! Good Luck! I hope it goes easily!

My son and daughter both decided when they were ready on their own. They would do fine then go back to the diapers for a week or two, then back to the under-roo's. We made a big production out of it, calling in the whole family to clap and say good job when it seemed we were backsliding (yep we're weird like that LOL) but it seems to have helped. Both are good now and are definately past the stage (8 and 4).

The biggest thing I can tell you is to not force it. And yes, get some awesome character panties in the ones she likes best!

The daycares also helped because they saw the other kids going to the potty and felt left out. For my son that helped him decide to go on his own a lot. I'm so glad I'm finally past all this and the diapers:D

Amanda - I'll personally keep that in mind for my little guy! How did you "make him help clean it up". Make him wash the underwear, what?

pampermeplease said:
I'm so glad I'm finally past all this and the diapers:D

I'm close!!!! Except the joke at my work is that even though we've "done something surgically about it..." my luck is when I turn 40 I'll have a surprise and be pregnant! :eek: ...love my kids to death but my house is WAY to small for any more!

I may be finally past it and hubby may be upcoming on a specific surgery:eek: but now the kids are bugging me 'mommy when do we get a little brother or sister':eek: My answer? THE FACTORY IS CLOSED! LOL

Lol
rennea said:
I don't know why I'm reading this thread cause I don't have kids but I just had to pipe up and tell you about my girlfriends little one. One day when I was babysitting and she was being potty trained she told me she had to go and I took her down to the lou and sat her on the potty, I came back in a minute later and she said "I went pee-pee, I'm a good girl" all the time with a bath bead in her mouth. She thought they were candies cause her mom had been giving her soft round candies everytime she went!!!:D

That's hilarious. My daughter will be 3 in May and she hates having to go potty. But since I got her panties, she is actually trying to be a big girl and even though she has an occasional accident, she likes the idea of getting a sticker on her chart too.
After about 10 stickers I give her a treat, small toy from the dollar store, etc... She knows this is not going to last cause I told her that she needs to be a big girl and when she can go all the time like a big girl, she will help me teach her brother and he will get the stickers.
We set the kitchen timer for every 30 -45 minutes and then we would run to the potty. Even if she just pushed it helped her to realize when she had to go.
Debbie :D

My little girl will be 1 on the 2nd of March!! We bought her a "royal potty" since she has to be in the bathroom everytime we go in there... She'll sit on it for a minute but then would rather play inside the bowl or push the lid up or down... We got it just so we could get her used to it:)

I just had to click on this thread...it kind of stood out!:p

jwpamp said:

Only for the boys... :rolleyes:

There is a great book out called "Toilet training in less than a day" I used it for my daughter and it worked. The book has been around at least 30 years because my parents used this system to potty train twins and it took about 36 hours. It is a very precise system, so you do have to follow it exactly, but it was written by a doctor and has proven results. This took all the stress out of it for me, because it was only for a day. The book is available at the larger bookstores like Border's and Barnes and Noble. Have fun.

I don't have kids, so i have no suggestions as to what to do, but I definitely have a story of what not to do. I have a relative who was struggling to potty train her daughter. I didn't understand why until I started visiting their house frequently. Whenever she would have an accident, her parents would yell at her or send her to her room. She wouldn't get dessert that night when the other kids did, and when she asked why they'd tell her because she was bad and had an accident. They were so impatient to get her trained, but they only made it worse. She was five before she was fully potty trained.

I don't really have any advice to offer, except to use lots of positive reinforcement, and brush off the accidents and things like that as if they aren't a big deal, don't dwell on it or act disappointed.

Okay, I will tell you all up front I am weird (If you haven't already figured it out) Cloth diapers. Children that are cloth diapered will potty train earlier b/d they can tell when they are wet. I agree w/ pp that said not to buy the pull ups. They are expensive & don't help. Either go for regular underware, or if you look online they have trainer cloth diapers that are excelent. They know when they are wet, but still provide enough coverage that when they do have an accident they know they are wet, but don't make a mess (good for night time) Not that bad since you will have to wash regular underware anyway, at least these will keep clothes from being yucky too. You can also buy doublers to put in at night to keep them extra dry in the normal wet areas so they don't soak the bed.
Here are some links:
http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/
http://diaperjunction.com/catalog.php?category=25
If you have any other questions you can pm me & I will try to help you!! Good luck.

I am sure you are getting tons of advise but I took my daughter to the dr due to loose stools and she told me to take my daughter in the morning snack time lunch snack time and dinner then right before bed and to make a big production out of it like say lets all go potty before we eat lunch she finally got the peeing down after a few days I did have to bribe her with Princess dresses for her to go poop in the potty. I told her if she stayed clean for 1 week she would get a dress and she hasnt had an accident since.
Good Luck!!!!

janetupnorth Amanda - I'll personally keep that in mind for my little guy! How did you "make him help clean it up". Make him wash the underwear, what?

Sometimes the poop landed on the floor, and he would pick it up w/ a paper towl and put it in the potty or he would help shake out the poop in the potty. Nothing major but we would explain to him that when we have accidents we would have to clean it up. I am also trying to instill that we clean up our messes. Whether I am successful or not we will see in 20 years when he has his own place! LOL

What is the age everyone has started potty training??

Bout 2 years. My boys started just after their second birthday. Our second son was going a bit earlier because he was modeling his big brother. He had issues with pooping in the toilet though. :rolleyes: That was GROSS!! I don't deal with with bodily excrements! Anyway...our 1st daughter was ready by her 2nd birthday. You kinda have to read your child...HOWEVER; (and this is just MHO) if the child reaches 2 1/2 and doesn't seem the least bit interested I say it is time to gently nudge them toward the toilet! Switch to training pants, buy the potty books (books for kids to read while on the pot), talk it up some. I mean really...they are having adult sized BMs by this time. Gross dude!!

I cannot really believe I've got 4 kids! Most of what they do is truly disgusting to me! Spitting up, runny noses, diarhhea...YUCK YUCK YUCK!! :eek: I do not cherish those days.

I know I am about to be crucified by the perfect Mommy's out there! So sorry!! We finally figured out where they kept coming from and PERMANANTLY closed that door!! :p

Last edited:
lol.... mine is just about to turn 1 and i'm already tired of diapers:p

jwpamp said:

I know..ummmmmm leash and a walk and a bush.....LOL...
ooh sorry...i have dogs....LOL:D

Just kidding..well my dogs are my kids..does that count...hehe

lol too funny jill. lol.

My son is almost 4 *in march* We began potty training him when he was 2 1/2. He hated the toliet and everything that had to do with it. After a while I just got fed up with paying like 14.00 for the training pants so I just left him in his chonies all day. BTW- I let him pick them out so that gave him an incentive to wear them. He wet himself a few times before he understood that he didn't like pee running all over everything. He did awesome! Now completely potty trained. THANK GOD!

Oh man, isn't it amazing how kids are so different? My first daughter was trained by 2 1/2....but my second daughter is a whole different story. She turned 3 in September, and one day she'll do great, and the next day she goes in her pants all day. I just don't get it. :(

My daughter started telling me she had a 'stinky' at 17 months. I started putting all the stinkies in the tiolet (like you do with cloth diapers) and then throwing away the diaper. After awhile, she just knew the tiolet is where ALL stinkies go. :D

When she was about 2 and 3 months, I put her in underwear for a few hours each day for about 3 days and she got wet a few times, but started to get the idea. (The first few times I tried this she would get wet at least once during every hour, so I waited till she could hold it longer and had better control.)

After wearing underwear for a few days we were at the weekend. We had basketball tournaments (at a school for 4-8 hours each day) and the first day she wore diapers. I took her whenever she said she had to go (about 8-9 times, kept adjusting those dang velcro tabs :( ). On Sunday, I put her in pull-ups, because she had only really gone about 3 times on Saturday. She stayed dry both days.

That Monday and Tuesday, I kept her in underwear at home, but took her in Pull-ups at daycare. On Wednesday, she didn't want Pull-ups and wore underwear. She did better than I thought she might. :)

She is now 3 and is dry day and night. She has only had about 5 accidents including nighttime. So I consider myself lucky.

My boys were about 3 when they were potty trained, but it also seemed to click for them. It really is when the child is ready to be trained.

I agree about the pull-ups. They prolong the issue, because they feel like diapers to the kids and they have been going in diapers all their life. I work in a daycare, and see kids in pull-ups for over a year all the time. Parents will sometimes put the pull-ups on them when they hit 2 years old (generally too young to be trained) and use them like diapers then wonder why the pull-ups didn't train them.

I think Pull-ups are great for traveling, visiting, or trips that would be hard to change clothing if they get wet (like the zoo or something, who wants to carry stinky underwear around all day:eek: ), but the companies promote them for potty training, and suggest that the pull-ups will potty train them. I think it is best to wait until they are physically ready, and then help them get the mindset.

janetupnorth said:
I'm close!!!! Except the joke at my work is that even though we've "done something surgically about it..." my luck is when I turn 40 I'll have a surprise and be pregnant! :eek: ...love my kids to death but my house is WAY to small for any more!

I was 37 when this happened to me. Except that I was on Birth control pills for 11 years, and I didn't miss one, and still got pregnant. We had just seperated the boys into their own room (12 and 13 at the time) and the next month found out I was pregnant with a girl :D . Not enough room, she is still in our room :eek: . If we don't convert the garage soon, one of the boys will move out (they are 15 and 16 now) and then she will get a room. So glad this happened, though. I wouldn't trade her for the world:D :D :D

When my niece went a full week in "big girl panties" without an accident, my sister threw a "Panty Party" for her. She used a heart-shaped foil pan and made a cookie pizza in it, but didn't push the dough all the way into the point of the heart. After baking, she used frosting to make "lace" around the cookie, and it really looked like panties! (Turn the heart upside down, so the curves look like cheeks.) My niece was so proud!

Thanks everyone for your tips! I'll have to let you know how it goes this week. Should be rather interesting!!

Good Luck I sure hope #3 trains herself

Does anyone set a timer in between to let there child known when it's to go back on the potty? I'm just wondering what is a good time frame...20 minutes?

Well, I have officially started today and it has all led to accidents. ARGH!! I'm starting to feel frustrated and wondering if she'll ever catch on. You're probably thinking, "It's only 9a in the morning!" (Since trying to write this she has had 2 accidents. Stay calm...Stay calm.)

I hope she catches on. I feel like I can't even shower today or get anything done. I hope I have better news later in the day.:(

My son is 2 1/2, and has no interest in the potty....he went once, we made a HUGE deal over it, and I think now he thinks "been there, done that"....We have told him that when he wears big boy underpants and goes pee-pee on the potty, he can have a puppy (something he talks about all the time), and he tells other people that when he goes potty on the big potty he can have a puppy - so I know he understands - but it still isn't enough motivation for him.
My DH & I were working on the budget last night, and we could be saving $45 a month in diapers and wipes if DS would potty-train!
His other love (Besides a puppy) is John Deere tractors, and I'm thinking of doing a star chart with a John Deere tractor as the prize for staying dry for a certain amount of time.....has anyone done a chart type of "Bribe" or motivation for potty training? If so, how did it work?

I didnt do a chart but I told my dd that if she stayed clean for 1 week she would get a princess dress and it worked wonders. We bribed my son with candy gave him total access to a baf of starbursts and I told him everytime he went potty he could have one the bag was gone in 2 days but it worked for him to. You can just try the chart thing and see how it works. Good Luck

pamperedkt- I never did the timer thing but een though they have an accident try putting her on the potty anyway just so she can get an idea of where it needs to go

ChefBeckyD said:
His other love (Besides a puppy) is John Deere tractors, and I'm thinking of doing a star chart with a John Deere tractor as the prize for staying dry for a certain amount of time.....has anyone done a chart type of "Bribe" or motivation for potty training? If so, how did it work?

Yes, we did the chart. It works great! I was kinda surpised how well it worked. Our first son wouldn't let me back out of the bathroom until I put up his potty sticker on the chart. We also let him have one on his shirt (worked for kiddos #1 and #3--#2 modeled his big brother so we didn't need a chart and #4 is only 8 months old)

Does anyone set a timer in between to let there child known when it's to go back on the potty? I'm just wondering what is a good time frame...20 minutes?

Well, I have officially started today and it has all led to accidents. ARGH!! I'm starting to feel frustrated and wondering if she'll ever catch on. You're probably thinking, "It's only 9a in the morning!" (Since trying to write this she has had 2 accidents. Stay calm...Stay calm.)

I hope she catches on. I feel like I can't even shower today or get anything done. I hope I have better news later in the day.:(

HANG IN THERE! I have been trying for 2 months with my son and we still struggle but I'm not giving up! I broke down just today and sent him to the sitter in pull-ups rather than pants because he had a really messy diaper in the middle of the night and 2 messes at the sitter yesterday (I think he's sick...) I know many recommend NOT to use pull-ups but if he's sick and can't control what is coming out, I don't want him to get discouraged making a mess. ...all in due time...

If she's not ready though, she's not ready...keep that in mind...

SHE DID IT!!! After many, many accidents this morning she told me she had to go to the bathroom and I rushed here there. She was on it for a minute, while I was in the other room and all of a sudden I heard the waterfall. I couldn't believe my ears. I was so excited! I was giving her high fives and we both had the biggest grins. I'm so proud of her.

We printed up a Dora potty chart and she got to pick out the sticker. Since we were still on a roll, we call my sister to tell her the good news. YEAH!! Happy dance!!

I need to try this chart. My son is 2 1/2 and we have tried EVERYTHING I can come up with. I have finally decide he will go when he is ready. He loves Thomas so I need to do stickers and then when it is full get something big in Thomas.

I seriously think God is punishing me for making fun of parents who did not have their children trained by the time they were 2. I could not stand seeing 3 and 4 year olds in diapers. But now going through this myself I totally understand how hard it is to train them.

I too am sick of buying pull-ups. I tried real underwear for one whole week while I was off at Christmas and he did then the same as pull ups. Every time I go to the store I think about the money I could be saving.

Chef Kearns said:
Spitting up, runny noses, diarhhea...YUCK YUCK YUCK!! :eek: I do not cherish those days.

I was like this before I had my son. Now that he is out of the spitting up stage and can do so many things for himself, although, I want another child I keep asking mysef if I want to go throug those things again. I KNOW it is worth it, but it still hard to make the plunge.

This thread cracks me up. I JUST potty trained my son this week. AND ITS WORKING!!! He is 2 and 10 months, so almost 3. I started yesterday. I put Thomas underwears on him and told him to let me know when he needed to go. Of course, he peed all over the carpet, and was irritated that he had to change. So I put a pull up on over the ubnderwear because I was sick of soaking up piss offf the carpet. And he has been telling me since then! I just let him tell me. We have only had one accident so far today, and no pull ups. I just did that yesterday so he could feel when he wet himself. When they are ready they are ready. If you rush it, you will just wind up annoyed. Just let them tell you what they want to do!

jrstephens said:
I need to try this chart. My son is 2 1/2 and we have tried EVERYTHING I can come up with. I have finally decide he will go when he is ready. He loves Thomas so I need to do stickers and then when it is full get something big in Thomas.

I seriously think God is punishing me for making fun of parents who did not have their children trained by the time they were 2. I could not stand seeing 3 and 4 year olds in diapers. But now going through this myself I totally understand how hard it is to train them.

I too am sick of buying pull-ups. I tried real underwear for one whole week while I was off at Christmas and he did then the same as pull ups. Every time I go to the store I think about the money I could be saving.

They make THOMAS UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!! I think this is what has made it so easy for us. He was destroyed when he wet all of his Thomas underwear yesterday, I think thats why he has been so good about telling me today! Got to Target or even Amazon.com. They are on sale right now for like 5 dollars a pack!

We used the timer, just because I loose track of time to easy. Also it was consitant so DS knew when it was potty time. Now we did do the candy 1 M&M as a reward. We also worked on colors this way too, so as he learned his colors he would ask for a certain color.
But we would also reward him for going the week w/o accidents. That's how he got his cars sheets & almost every Thomas train that was ever made!!

ChefJesssica said:
They make THOMAS UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!! I think this is what has made it so easy for us. He was destroyed when he wet all of his Thomas underwear yesterday, I think thats why he has been so good about telling me today! Got to Target or even Amazon.com. They are on sale right now for like 5 dollars a pack!

We have the Thomas underwear....doesn't seem to be an incentive though...I just can't believe he isn't ready - I think he's just stubborn! He KNOWS when he wets, and comes to tell me he needs a diaper change when he's dirtied his diaper. I'm going to try the chart and use tractors - right now, those are more his thing than Thomas - we'll see how that goes. (He's 2 yrs 8 mos).

Jennifer - I have thought the same that God may be having a good laugh at me....I was APPALLED when my SIL didn't get my nephew potty trained until 3 1/2, but now I'm wondering if I'll be in the same boat! I always said there was no way I was going to change diapers on a 3 yr old......but 3 is getting closer by the day!:eek: :eek:

The continuing saga....As much as I think he should be, I think he's just not ready......this morning while I was getting breakfast ready, he stripped off his PJ's and diaper, and pooped on the living room floor. I grabbed him and sat him on the potty, cleaned up the mess, and then talked to him - I told him that he was a big boy and that today he was only wearing big boy underpants, and that everytime the
timer beeped (he loves the PC kitchen timer) he was going to sit on the potty. Then I set the timer for 30 minutes. I checked with him at 20 minutes, and he'd already wet. He sat on the potty (nothing) and we put underpants #2 on him. Reset the timer for 30 minutes.....caught him in the corner 15 minutes later pooping again. Set him in the potty and told him he had one more pair of underwear.....reset the timer, and before the time was up, he was wet again! He is now in a diaper, and I'm giving up for this week.

ChefBeckyD said:
As much as I think he should be, I think he's just not ready......this morning while I was getting breakfast ready, he stripped off his PJ's and diaper, and pooped on the living room floor. I grabbed him and sat him on the potty, cleaned up the mess, and then talked to him - I told him that he was a big boy and that today he was only wearing big boy underpants, and that everytime the
timer beeped (he loves the PC kitchen timer) he was going to sit on the potty. Then I set the timer for 30 minutes. I checked with him at 20 minutes, and he'd already wet. He sat on the potty (nothing) and we put underpants #2 on him. Reset the timer for 30 minutes.....caught him in the corner 15 minutes later pooping again. Set him in the potty and told him he had one more pair of underwear.....reset the timer, and before the time was up, he was wet again! He is now in a diaper, and I'm giving up for this week.

We're struggling on the "pooping" part but doing great on the pee, so I'm forging ahead...if my son was doing bad on both, I'd keep him in diapers and not push. Boys just seem to sometimes take longer. Mine was 3 in December and we're just now working on this - he wasn't ready. Daughter was ready by 2 1/2.

Go get the Book.........Everyone PoopsMy oldest was a challenge for pooping on the potty, my dentist said her kids were "afraid" to poop on the potty, but got that book and it made them laugh and they got much better.

We used to read it to Megan before trying her on potty, and I know it's gross, but she'd get off potty (after finally pooping in potty) and say, today my poop was like a deer or like an elephant, so it worked for her....

Now if I could just get #3 child to pee on potty, she was doing great, got really sick and then it's way way back to before, she doesn't care, she told me, she WANTS to be a baby and doesn't care.

GRRR,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My oldest was a challenge for pooping on the potty, my dentist said her kids were "afraid" to poop on the potty, but got that book and it made them laugh and they got much better.

We used to read it to Megan before trying her on potty, and I know it's gross, but she'd get off potty (after finally pooping in potty) and say, today my poop was like a deer or like an elephant, so it worked for her....

Now if I could just get #3 child to pee on potty, she was doing great, got really sick and then it's way way back to before, she doesn't care, she told me, she WANTS to be a baby and doesn't care.

GRRR,

Lisa

thanks for the book suggestion.....he has loved reading all the different potty books - maybe we can try this one too.
I don't think Micah cares either! After the 3rd pair of underwear this morning he said "Pweeze can I have a diaper?".....I think I'll just have to wait awhile yet....

I set my daughters little potty in what ever room shes in the most and I keep her diaper off all day which has worked so far we havent done the treats or the stickers but this has worked for us so far, she did kinda back away from the potty for awhile but today she did #2 twice today :) but thats what has worked for us.
Terra

<h2>1. When is the best time to start potty training?</h2><p>The best time to start potty training is when your child is showing signs of readiness, such as being able to communicate their needs, having longer periods of dryness, and showing interest in using the potty. This can vary for each child, but typically occurs between 18 months and 3 years of age.</p><h2>2. How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?</h2><p>Some signs that your child may be ready for potty training include being able to follow simple instructions, being aware of when they need to go, and being able to communicate their needs. Other signs may include showing interest in the bathroom and wanting to wear "big kid" underwear.</p><h2>3. What is the best approach for potty training?</h2><p>The best approach for potty training is to be consistent and patient. Start by introducing your child to the potty and explaining its purpose. Encourage them to sit on the potty regularly, especially after meals or when they show signs of needing to go. Praise and reward your child for using the potty successfully, and be patient with accidents and setbacks.</p><h2>4. Do they sell products to protect the mattress during potty training?</h2><p>Yes, there are products available to protect the mattress during potty training. Waterproof mattress protectors or pads can be placed under your child's sheets to protect the mattress from accidents. You can also find mattress protectors specifically designed for potty training, such as ones with absorbent layers or waterproof backing.</p><h2>5. How long does potty training typically take?</h2><p>Potty training can vary in duration for each child, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months for most children to fully master using the potty. Some children may catch on quickly, while others may take longer. It's important to stay consistent and patient throughout the process and to remember that every child is different.</p>

Related to Potty Training Tips: Get Ready to Start Now!

1. When is the best time to start potty training?

The best time to start potty training is when your child is showing signs of readiness, such as being able to communicate their needs, having longer periods of dryness, and showing interest in using the potty. This can vary for each child, but typically occurs between 18 months and 3 years of age.

2. How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?

Some signs that your child may be ready for potty training include being able to follow simple instructions, being aware of when they need to go, and being able to communicate their needs. Other signs may include showing interest in the bathroom and wanting to wear "big kid" underwear.

3. What is the best approach for potty training?

The best approach for potty training is to be consistent and patient. Start by introducing your child to the potty and explaining its purpose. Encourage them to sit on the potty regularly, especially after meals or when they show signs of needing to go. Praise and reward your child for using the potty successfully, and be patient with accidents and setbacks.

4. Do they sell products to protect the mattress during potty training?

Yes, there are products available to protect the mattress during potty training. Waterproof mattress protectors or pads can be placed under your child's sheets to protect the mattress from accidents. You can also find mattress protectors specifically designed for potty training, such as ones with absorbent layers or waterproof backing.

5. How long does potty training typically take?

Potty training can vary in duration for each child, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months for most children to fully master using the potty. Some children may catch on quickly, while others may take longer. It's important to stay consistent and patient throughout the process and to remember that every child is different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • princessmeshelle