• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Posting Flyers Safely: Where to Go?

In summary, your fiance is worried that people can find out your personal information if you post flyers. You should consider using Gmail or a phone service that forwards to a less traceable number.
NinaPChef
I made a bunch of cute flyers with my contact information on them, and I was going to post them around my neighborhood. But my fiance thinks it's unsafe.:yuck:

Are there places that are safer to post flyers that will get lots of traffic?

Thanks!

Does he think it's unsafe for you to be actually posting the flyers, or that your info will be out there where anyone can get it?

He's worried about my info being out there... but im not posting anything about where i live or anything along those lines, just my name, phone # and e-mail address.Is that unsafe?

If that's what he's worried about, then where you hang the flyers won't make any difference. The info will still be out there in the public. You should always be careful with your info, especially because anyone with internet access can find out a lot about you using your name/phone/email.

What would be the best way to use flyers then?
Hand them out to people instead of randomly posting them?

I didn't mean to say that you shouldn't post flyers, just to be careful and aware of strange phone calls, etc. after you do. Gmail is a good start for security, since it's an anonymous email (not tied to a particular internet provider in your area, and no billing address tied to it). Someone posted a phone service a couple weeks ago that (now) affiliated with Google that forwards to your phone. But it would be a less traceable phone number than listing your home number on flyers.

to be honest posting flyers has never gotten me much biz. That being said you could just put something like "for more info call Suzy at ... " No full name and only a # listed. I personally have my cell for biz so I do not have my home number on any of my info.

1. Where is the safest place to post flyers?

The safest place to post flyers is on public bulletin boards or in designated areas specifically for posting advertisements. This can include community centers, libraries, grocery stores, and local businesses that allow it.

2. Can I post flyers on telephone poles or street signs?

No, it is not safe or legal to post flyers on telephone poles or street signs. Not only is it considered littering, but it can also be a safety hazard for people walking or driving in the area.

3. Do I need permission to post flyers in certain locations?

Yes, it is always best to ask for permission before posting flyers in a specific location. Some places may have guidelines or restrictions for posting advertisements, and it is important to respect their rules.

4. Are there any online platforms where I can safely post flyers?

Yes, there are several online platforms where you can post flyers digitally, such as community Facebook groups, neighborhood websites, and online classifieds. Just be sure to follow the guidelines and rules of the platform.

5. How often should I check on my posted flyers and remove them?

It is recommended to check on your posted flyers every few days and remove them once the event or promotion is over. This helps keep the area clean and prevents outdated information from cluttering the space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Suzanne C Shepard
  • Usafwife10
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
FFBearPChef