• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Recruit on Disability?

In summary, the person could make up to $800 a month without it affecting their disability payments, but should expect PC to count any free products and discounts as income.
Chef Stacy Edwards
I have a potential recruit that is on disability, wants to know if she was to become a consultant would that effect her getting her checks.
Does anyone know how that works? TIA.

Last edited:
I had this situation come up a while back and this person could not sign because it would affect her benefits. What I would have your possible recruit do is call the benefits office and ask. I offered to partner with the person on disability. She would bring me orders and I would compensate her with products - that's really what she wanted.

It would affect her...income is income.

Ok thanks ladies, I will inform her of this.
Its a sad situation seeing as she wanted this to have more as a hobbie, something to get her out of the house and out of depression.

Ask her to find out how much income she could make without affecting her disability payments or ask her to be your assistant.

Sounds good Kate Thanks I will call her tomorrow about this.

Usually $600 a year is not taxed however she needs to tell whoever the service is there what she makes each month. Michigan is different than many other states.

Thanks trps

I agree the best thing is to call her worker and ask! My husband who was recently granted disability received a booklet detailing how much he could earn and also what he could do to earn money....

Ask her to call and find out, I had a potential recruit one time, that said she couldn't make more than 800 dollars in a month or else it would affect her disability check. Other than that, she could've made up to that much.

I get disabilty while a consultant. I think it depends on how much she makes with PC. You can make up to a certain amount and have it not affect your check. Also, it depends on whether she gets SSI or SSDI. From experience SSI rules are way harsher than SSDI rules as far as how much outside income you can have.

I am on disability and I can earn up to $800 a month without it affecting my checks. That does not include the money I spend on such things as my website, samples, paperwork....blah blah blah. I haven't actually made any money at all if you put all that into check.

Also, she should know to expect PC to count any free products (?and discounts?) as income, I believe.

1. What is a "Possible Recruit on Disability"?

A "Possible Recruit on Disability" refers to a potential candidate for employment who has a disability. This individual may require accommodations or modifications in the workplace in order to perform their job duties effectively.

2. Is it legal to ask about a candidate's disability during the recruitment process?

No, it is not legal to ask about a candidate's disability during the recruitment process. This is considered a form of discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employers should only inquire about a candidate's ability to perform the essential job functions, with or without accommodations.

3. Can I reject a candidate who has a disability?

No, you cannot reject a candidate solely based on their disability. This is a form of discrimination and is illegal under the ADA. Employers must provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to perform their job duties, unless it would cause undue hardship.

4. What are some examples of reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities?

Reasonable accommodations can vary depending on the individual's disability and job role. Some examples include modifications to the physical workspace, flexible work schedules, assistive technology, and job restructuring. It is important for employers to engage in an interactive process with the employee to determine the most appropriate accommodations.

5. How can I ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities?

To ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment process, employers should avoid asking about a candidate's disability, provide equal employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities, and make accommodations for those who need them. Employers can also promote diversity and inclusion in their workplace culture and educate their hiring managers on best practices for recruiting and accommodating individuals with disabilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kathy Griffith
  • kisrae
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kisrae
Replies