• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Please Talk Me off the Ledge...

In summary, Colleen's consultant needs to submit a show by midnight last night to avoid being dropped, her laptop crashed, and she was able to get help from the Solution Center after several security questions.
finley1991
UGH! UGH! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:I have a consultant, who of course, needs to submit a show this month or she'll be dropped. I have been *this short* of stalking her to make sure she and her recruiter KNOW that she has to get it in. Plus, she needed to get it in by midnight last night to allow for anything that might happen to hold up the show.I wake up to this e-mail (which she sent to me at 12:53am EST):so my laptop has crashed and i tried to load my pampered chef software onto my parents computer i then realized i didnt remember my password and to my luck it was just after 11 i called the 24 hour hotline from my consultants guide because it said you can get your password but just my luck they removed that option. im pretty desperate because i want to stay active and of course my mom had to wait until the last minute. is there any way you can help me??I suggest she call the Solution Center, which she did and said they aren't open yet. I'll try at 9am CT to see if they are and let her know.But really? What are my choices here?(It doesn't help that I'm fighting some kind of flu and feel crappy and I'm pretty sure I have PMS!!!!)

Okay... This is why I love this board. As soon as I complain, problems get solved!Well, solved, so far. As an FYI (which most of you probably already know), although the Solution Center is open special hours on Saturday, Tech Support isn't!So she called the SC and they were able to get her password for her after several security questions.So all is good for the moment. Of course, she can't enter the show in until she gets off work tonight. I think I'm going to go crawl back into bed! :(PS: Thanks for reading my whining this morning!

Hope you feel better Colleen!

why dont you enter it for her??? then you know it is DONE!!!

pcjenni said:
why dont you enter it for her??? then you know it is DONE!!!

Honestly, that didn't even occur to me! She lives pretty far away from me but her recruiter lives closer so maybe she can do it... Great idea! :)

finley1991 said:
Honestly, that didn't even occur to me! She lives pretty far away from me but her recruiter lives closer so maybe she can do it... Great idea! :)

You could do it all over the phone. I've done it that way before.

:pray: Here's praying for you that it's all resolved SOON! I know how that is!

I have a downline person who submits every 6 months (ugg) and must do so in November. That actually helps me as I'm more confident that I'll be paid as D in November as her recruiter submits every month (maybe not Oct so will NEED to in Nov too) and I have another line that meets SC every month. I NEED Nov because that would assure I'd still have the title in Feb when the director products ship.

I am one person from going green in Oct (totally different team then those mentioned above) and actually two different people could achieve that for me but neither are replying so I don't know...

DebbieJ said:
You could do it all over the phone. I've done it that way before.

I've done it several times - all over the phone. Works great!

Good luck, Colleen!! I hope you feel better and this all works out. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the great idea! I just tried to get in touch with her and her recruiter so we'll see! Thanks again ladies! You are THE BEST!!!!!!

Just talked to her recruiter and she is going over after work to help her get the show in and if they run into a problem, she's going to get it in on her computer (she had already thought of that!)Thanks again ladies!!! I'm off the ledge for now. ;)

FYI, according to this week's neeswire:EXTENDED TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Technical Support Available Until Midnight (CT) SundayOur Technical Support team will be available from 6 p.m. until midnight (CT) Sunday, Oct. 31 to help you with any technical issues. Call 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433) and choose Option 1.

Thanks so much Kate! Totally missed that! :)

{{{HUGS!}}
Colleen, hope you are feeling better soon! Glad things are starting to perk up with the biz for the month.

I really am hating the end of the month. I put in a party for a consultant that had 2 active under her so I could get one SC...another one is going to be submitting today...

But my 1st generation is once again floundering. Very actively helping another to get a team built but no luck on even one recruit yet. Still finding that AD is the most frustrating thing that has happened with my business. It is like a temptation of more money but...not quite!!!!

I am going to try to find an incentive to invest that $150 for a party in a much better way but having had time to think straight! No one gets it unless everyone pulls their weight!

With very few participating in meetings, it is difficult to get through. I am suggesting to my 1st generation director that she let me come to a meeting and discribe this. Do I TELL her I am coming and to make time for me? UGH!

Amy Neal had a fabulous training on this but I still feel like this end of the month crap is unavoidable.

Thanks Ann...I really hear what you are saying and remember Amy referring to the end of the month and being green as "that time of the month" for us!Luckily this month, I was green by the 15th. But that was the luck of the draw.I'm realizing more and more that I need to mainly focus on my personal biz first and foremost. That is where my income is going to come from for the most part and everything else I'm viewing as a bonus. I don't have any consultants who do more than 2 shows a month. I have a lot that say they want to/will/need to/etc but don't. And that's fine. I know how many shows I need to get in to stay afloat financially each month. Still searching for my recruit who wants to do more than 1-2 a month!!!!! :pray:

Sorry girl!

Colleen: WHEW!!!! Get better

I am trying not to whine each month, but this "button button who's got the button" stuff every month to see who's going to get stuff submitted at the last minute so I can see where I am is getting discouraging. Between that and now we have to do this dance to close shows from last minute hosts and dance with their credit card issues, end of the month is getting harder and harder. Yes, I know I should get them closed earlier. Easier said than done with hosts who want to get that "one more order"....

I have recruited 6 people in the last 6 months that have ALL tanked. 4 of them clearly are flakes--not necessarily meant to be kitnappers, I don't think, but just flat will not come to training or attempt to submit anything....

Thinkin' this director thing is beginning to be more trouble than it's worth....

Trying to stay positive, not trying to whine...just not enjoying the end of the month each month.

(((hugs))) Nanisu

Hope you're feeling better and super happy that the problem was quickly resolved! End of the month can get tough and I'm sorry you girls are feeling the strain of it. I hate that we have to be "on call" even on Halloween just in case someone needs help and waited til the midnight hour.

Sending you some stamina and encouragement. I have been asking my team to be green by the 15th and also recommending they submit all by the week before the end of the month because I may decide I need family time that day. :)

The incentives from HO and my drawing for going green by the 15th has helped. I am also working with the leaders to connect with their team and learn each member's why and goals. Asking they set a 30 day plan/goal and a 90 day goal. Each leader is being asked to provide half the team sales in personal sales so as not to stress out or stress them out. Can't say if it's effective....but I'm hoping it will help get their teams stable and consistent.

Thanks for all of your support ladies! I honestly don't know what I would do without you!She got her show in and what's even better is that it's showing up in the performance tracker!Thanks again!!!! :D

Woohoo! Congrats to you and to her!!!

Colleen...soooo glad to hear this!! Congratulations!!!:party:

Colleen! AWESOME!!

I didn't fair as well. Tons of sales (personal and team), plenty of consultants submitting including 2 new who qualified - 1 in 30 days, 1 in 35 days - YEA! - but only 1 SC team. THREE of the teams were totally AWOL and one team (3 people deep) had the person in the middle submitting and her recruiter told me "yeah I'm working on a show but it won't go in until November - bummer" WHAT!:eek: I had tried to call, sent reminder emails, etc. She sent this too late last night for me to respond. She KNEW we needed it and she knew in plenty of time to do something. So I'm paid as TL this month, losing more than $200 in additional commission (I don't want to do the math). arggguuug!!

I am anxious to see the updated tracker later today - one other consultant HAD to submit in October or lose her sales and she was realy close to getting the $15K. We had talked and she said she had something going in...

WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND...
that they need to submit EARLLIER in the month
that they need to submit EVERY month
that if they do more than one party in a month they'll actually get a DECENT paycheck

We talk about this all the time. THEY tell me these things and then they don't! :cry::cry:

I know, I know... but still!

Beth I had one call that got caught up in the credit card thing. She put the card through so many times that it would not let her put it through until today. And she even said...I know about the credit card rule, but........

Find it unbelievable. PC must be saving so much by not giving commissions out.

What is "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..."?

"Please Talk Me off the Ledge..." is the name of a recipe featured in our Pampered Chef cookbook. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that has become a customer favorite.

What ingredients do I need to make "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..."?

The ingredients for "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..." include a white cake mix, vanilla instant pudding mix, milk, heavy whipping cream, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans. You can find the full list of ingredients and measurements in our cookbook or on our website.

How do I make "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..."?

To make "Please Talk Me off the Ledge...", start by baking the white cake mix according to the package instructions. Then, mix together the vanilla instant pudding mix, milk, and heavy whipping cream until thick and creamy. Layer the cake and pudding mixture in a trifle dish, and top with chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

Can I substitute any ingredients in "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..."?

While we always recommend following the recipe as written for the best results, you can make substitutions if needed. For example, you can use a different type of cake mix or pudding mix, or leave out the chocolate chips and pecans. However, these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the final dish.

Is "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..." a gluten-free dessert?

No, "Please Talk Me off the Ledge..." is not a gluten-free dessert. The white cake mix used in the recipe contains gluten. We do offer a variety of gluten-free recipes in our cookbook and on our website for those with dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • PampMomof3