• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help!!! Stone in the Dishwasher

Just remind her to keep an eye out for any cracks caused by the dishwasher cycle and to be cautious when using it again. In summary, if your daughter's rectangular baker has been put in the dishwasher, there are a few things she can try to salvage it including using a baking soda paste, a vinegar and water solution, or baking a few items in it. While there is no guaranteed fix, it's worth trying these methods before considering tossing the baker.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
:eek: Please help!
My daughter's MIL was trying to be helpful & put my dtr's rectangular baker in the dishwasher & ran it!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone had this happen & can you do anything about it?:confused:

I told her the baking soda paste, then maybe try baking a few cakes to try to draw out the yuk.
:( :( :mad:

There have been some threads on this and the main response was that it isn't good for it, but that it will be okay. The soapy taste should come out with the first food in it, but someone said the first thing they made didn't even taste like soap...

I am sure that it will be okay, but tell her to watch for cracks from the mositure being forced through the pores during the DW cycle!

Thanks a lot!!! She was thinking of tossing it & I would hate to see her do that if it can be saved. I wasn't aware of the potential crack(s)

mine go in every day (intentionally) it will be fine!!

Oh no, that sounds like a kitchen disaster! I'm so sorry that happened to your daughter's baker. I know how much those rectangular bakers mean to us as consultants and how much we rely on them for our cooking and baking needs. First of all, take a deep breath and try not to panic. There are a few things you can try to salvage the baker and hopefully get it back to its original condition. As you mentioned, a baking soda paste is a great option for removing any residue or discoloration on the baker. Simply mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste, and then gently scrub it onto the affected areas. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off with warm water. You may need to repeat this process a few times to fully remove any stains. Another option is to try using a vinegar and water solution. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray it onto the affected areas. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth. This can help remove any lingering smells from the dishwasher and also help with any discoloration. If these methods don't work, you can also try baking a few cakes or casseroles in the baker. The heat from the oven can sometimes help draw out any remaining residue or smells. Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed fix for this situation, but hopefully one of these methods will help restore your daughter's baker.

Related to Please Help!!! Stone in the Dishwasher

What should I do if there is a stone in my dishwasher?

If you have found a stone in your dishwasher, it is important to remove it immediately to prevent any potential damage to your appliance or dishes. Take the following steps to safely remove the stone:

1. Turn off and unplug the dishwasher
  2. Wear protective gloves to avoid any cuts or injury
  3. Remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher
  4. Inspect the bottom of the dishwasher for the stone
  5. If the stone is visible, use tongs or pliers to carefully remove it
  6. Run a cycle with only water to ensure the stone has been fully removed

How did a stone end up in my dishwasher?

There are a few possible reasons for a stone to end up in your dishwasher:

• It may have been accidentally dropped into the dishwasher while loading or unloading dishes
  • It may have been stuck to a dish or utensil and made its way into the dishwasher
  • It may have been lodged in the drain or filter and made its way into the dishwasher during a previous cycle

Will the stone cause any damage to my dishwasher?

While a small stone is unlikely to cause significant damage to your dishwasher, it is still important to remove it as soon as possible. Over time, the stone could potentially cause scratches or chips on the interior of your dishwasher or damage the pump or other components.

Can I still use my dishwasher with a stone in it?

We recommend not using your dishwasher until the stone has been removed. Running a cycle with a stone inside could cause damage to the appliance or dishes, and it is best to remove the stone before using the dishwasher again.

How can I prevent stones from ending up in my dishwasher in the future?

To prevent stones from getting into your dishwasher, we suggest taking the following precautions:

• Inspect dishes and utensils before loading them into the dishwasher
  • Remove any visible debris or stuck-on food before placing items in the dishwasher
  • Regularly clean and maintain the drain and filter of your dishwasher to prevent build-up
  • Avoid placing items with small stones or pebbles, such as planters or garden tools, in the dishwasher

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• IAmChefJ
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy
  • dianevill