• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Sunday Feast: 23 Guests and Counting!

How do you wrap it like a fajita if you're cutting them in half? I guess I'm not picturing it in my head. :confused:You just wrap them up like a taco. Half a flour shell filled with meat, peppers, onions, and salsa.
bnlgal
My Sunday host just informed that she has 23 people confirmed for her show. We are doing DCB fajitas, salsa, and a trifle. Do I need another dish? If I do, what do you suggest?

No. That's plenty of food. Just use more chicken and veggies in the fajitas and add 5-10 more minutes to cook time - check after 15 minutes.

Or if she's nervous have her get enough of the fajita ingredients to make another batch if you all run out - it's ready so fast that people wouldn't mind the wait - and you wouldn't need to clean the DCB in between since it's the same recipe again.

The salsa and trifle will go far.

You are already making too much. IMHO

I agree - I have done the fajitas for a group that size and just made more - between that and the salsa - we had plenty. Folks are not hopefully coming for a full meal - just a tasting.

otisbg said:
I agree - I have done the fajitas for a group that size and just made more - between that and the salsa - we had plenty. Folks are not hopefully coming for a full meal - just a tasting.

It's hard to do a "tasting" with fajitas, though - you can't really split shells. Everyone needs to have one.

My suggestion would be to either skip the Trifle or make it beforehand, so that you can focus on the Fajitas. Fajitas are a good way to get people involved in the demo - while the first batch is in the microwave, have everyone working on the 2nd batch and the salsa to get them ready.

I agree with the others on here, you might be doing too much already. I've made the same mistake in demos - I suggest not to demo more than 1 recipe!! You can give the trifle recipe to the hostess to make in advance, or just do a mini-demo with the trifle and have folks decorate the top of the trifle with the decorator.

You are doing plenty of food, 23 have RSVPed.. but how many will actually show? If the hostess is still worried, have her make up some appetizers.. cream cheese on a plate doused in one of our sauces served with crackers on a dots plate. :)

Good luck!

I had already planned to do the trifle beforehand, so I can just pull it out of the fridge. I think I will just tell her to have extra fajita ingredients on hand. Thanks for the input!

Becky - just out of curiousity - you mentioned splitting shells....I have always used the flour tortillas for fajitas and we just cut them in half, as a whole tortilla with meat & peppers & onions & salsa & cheese & sour cream is a meal. Do you make them like a taco? Sounds very interesting if you do..;)

otisbg said:
Becky - just out of curiousity - you mentioned splitting shells....I have always used the flour tortillas for fajitas and we just cut them in half, as a whole tortilla with meat & peppers & onions & salsa & cheese & sour cream is a meal. Do you make them like a taco? Sounds very interesting if you do..;)

How do you wrap it like a fajita if you're cutting them in half? I guess I'm not picturing it in my head. :confused:

I have my host get the small flour shells (they often say "fajita size" on them) - the 6 inch ones - and we heat them in the mini baker in the oven while the fajita "fixins" are in the microwave. Then, everyone makes a fajita according to their preferences. I think that if I cut those shells in half, people would be really disappointed. But then, I lean more towards making the guests happy with enough food, rather than telling them they only get a "taste". ;) ESPECIALLY if there are men in the crowd!:eek: (for my shows, there often are men, too.)

What is the best menu for a Sunday feast with 23 guests?

The best menu for a Sunday feast with 23 guests will depend on personal preferences and dietary restrictions. However, a traditional menu could include a main dish such as roasted chicken or beef, multiple side dishes such as mashed potatoes and green beans, and a dessert like apple pie.

How much food should I prepare for 23 guests?

It is recommended to prepare around 1 pound of each main dish per person, and 1/2 pound of each side dish per person. For 23 guests, this would equate to approximately 23 pounds of main dish and 11.5 pounds of side dish. It is always better to have more food than not enough, so consider making extra just in case.

What are some tips for planning a Sunday feast for a large group?

Some tips for planning a Sunday feast for a large group include making a list of all the guests' dietary restrictions and preferences, choosing make-ahead dishes to save time on the day of the feast, and delegating tasks to other guests or hiring a caterer to help with the preparation and cooking.

How can I make sure everyone's food is ready at the same time?

To ensure that all the food is ready at the same time, it is important to plan out the cooking and baking times for each dish. Consider using a kitchen timer or setting alarms to keep track of the cooking times. Having a helper in the kitchen can also make it easier to coordinate and keep everything on schedule.

What are some ideas for table decorations for a Sunday feast?

Some ideas for table decorations for a Sunday feast could include using fresh flowers or greenery as a centerpiece, adding a table runner or placemats in seasonal colors, and incorporating candles or string lights to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. You could also consider using themed decorations or incorporating personal touches, such as family photos or handwritten place cards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.