• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Crust: Spices Included? Must-Have Recommendations

In summary, the best way to roll out pizza dough is to start with a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to create an even thickness. To prevent the dough from sticking to the pan, lightly grease the pan or sprinkle it with cornmeal or semolina. Use active dry or instant yeast for the best results. Pizza dough can be frozen for up to 3 months and to make the crust crispy, bake it on a preheated surface and use olive oil or bake at a high temperature.
MomToEli
I've had a host ask if the Pizza Crust includes spices. Does anyone know?

She has also asked WHICH spices are must haves ... any input here?

Must Haves~ I agree with Ann above and the Italian Seasoning and Cinnamon Plus I also can not live without..

ooh- yeah. Cinnamon Plus - it's like pumpkin pie spice only better. :)

Semi-hijack-- there's a recipe in the 29 minute cookbook that calls for Garam Masala. That's an Indian spice blend. You can order it from Penzeys (Penzeys Spices Update Page, or stop in one of their store if you happen to live near one. (The list of their retail stores is here.)

chefann said:
Semi-hijack--

Thanks for the prompt responses. I'll jet her off an email.

And Ann, I would have been disappointed if I had NOT been hijacked :cool:

i also love the southwest seanaoning!! it goes great on everything!!

The seasonings that I never run out of:

Dill (I use this on TONS of things! Buttered Corn, seafood salad, chicken salad, deviled eggs, scrabled eggs, carrots...)
Cinnamon Plus (I use this many times in recipes that call for cinnamon- I just love the taste of our Korinje Cinnamon and all the other things in there!)
Jamacian Jerk (This is my new fav!)

Hello! Yes, our Pizza Crust does include a blend of Italian spices that are perfect for making a delicious pizza. As for must-have recommendations, I would suggest adding some extra garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes for an extra kick of flavor. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique pizza crust seasoning. Happy cooking!

Related to Pizza Crust: Spices Included? Must-Have Recommendations

What is the best way to roll out pizza dough?

The best way to roll out pizza dough is to start with a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to create an even thickness. It's important to roll the dough from the center outwards, rotating it regularly to maintain a circular shape. Avoid using too much flour, as this can make the dough tough and dry.

How do I prevent my pizza dough from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your pizza dough from sticking to the pan, make sure to lightly grease the pan with oil or cooking spray before placing the dough on it. You can also sprinkle some cornmeal or semolina on the pan before adding the dough, which will create a barrier and prevent sticking.

What is the best type of yeast to use for pizza dough?

The best type of yeast to use for pizza dough is active dry yeast. This type of yeast needs to be dissolved in warm water before adding it to the dough. Instant yeast is also a good option, as it can be added directly to the dough without being dissolved first.

Can I freeze pizza dough?

Yes, you can freeze pizza dough. After it has risen and been shaped, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you're ready to use it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before rolling it out.

How can I make my pizza crust crispy?

To make your pizza crust crispy, try baking it on a preheated pizza stone or a baking sheet that has been preheated in the oven. You can also brush the crust with olive oil before adding toppings, which will help it crisp up. Another tip is to bake the pizza at a high temperature (around 500°F) for a shorter amount of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies