• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Web Site... Really Worth It?

In summary, the PWS is worth it if you are looking to increase your orders. The initial outlay is steep, but it is worth it in the long run.
jenniferp417
Is the PWS *really* worth it? I know it's only $6/7 a month, but the initial outlay is a wee bit steep. I'll be getting my first commission check next week, and will also be qualified in the next couple of weeks... so people WILL be able to place orders.

But I just wonder if it's really *worth* it - will I really get many orders? Am I better off just sending a newsletter with info and keeping myself in front of my customers that way?

I'm trying really hard not to buy things just because they "might" be useful.

My website has paid for itself over and over and over again. Not in the indiviudal order capacity, but with people placing outside orders on shows. My hosts use it to send out email invites and reminders as well.

Get it!

I cannot say strongly enough just how incredibly WORTH IT that PWS is!!! GET YOURS NOW!!!

I put out the $ for it, NOT qualified yet, but hoping it will help me do that. ...started an online show... ...a little worried because everyone is supposed to order online and no orders yet, I hope it functions correctly...

I'm already using it with an upcoming host that works in IT and she seems excited...already creating some e-invites for people not in town that may want to order online from her show.

I hope I made the right decision, but am pretty sure it'll be worth itself over the year!

It is definitely worth it! The big thing is that not only do you have to put the link on all your paperwork but you have to TELL people it's there.

I have noticed a lot more people saying they have visited, ordering and using the site since I started making a verbal point that I have the site and that it's on my contact information. People don't always catch things on their own.:p

Ok! If you guys all say it's worth it... I'll go for it! :)THANKS! :D

I'd also say it's very worth it!! Especially for hosts with family and friends out of town. I had a cooking show last month where the majority of the orders came from out of town guests.

It is worth it!! If you do any fundraiser people from out of state can order.

I got it when I first signed just for the simple fact that hosts could get orders from family and friends out of state and such. I have now done one online show with a show total of almost $500(it's ending the beginning of the week so hopefully it will get a couple more orders...host says she has one order to add)... Off of that show I got a booking for another online show that started on Friday!! Personally my show's are doing better online:p So I deff. think that the PWS is a great thing to have!!!!!

Worth every pennyI have had about $1000 of orders through my website (without actually going through my records to verify, it is about that much) over the past two years. Let's see...1000*0.2= $200. Almost three years of a website. Very worth it.

Robin

It is way worth it! Only thing- you have to promote it or it won't be used! Make sure you are adding this to your host coaching calls so they understand how much it can help THEM. I send out my invites, so I print out a label with the party info on it and this at the bottom:
Can't attend? You can place an order for Holly Host at www.pamperedchef.biz/yadayada That way, even if they ONLY get a snail mail invite, they still see my website!

Also- keep your website "in front of their face" at least once a month. I am trying something new that works for a director I know. Instead of doing a monthly newsletter (can be too long and people just delete if they don't have the time to read...) I am doing a VERY short email like this:
Subject: Pampered Chef Recipe
Body of email: (for this month, anyhow) Your Pampered Chef® recipe is ready for you to view!

Also, some items will be discontinued at the end of this month- check my website for a complete list!
Then I put a link for my site. This way, they are actually going to my website and navigating it each month in order to get their recipe. I think that's why this director gets so many individual orders!

HTH

I tried it for 6 months just to see how things would go with the business and them modified it to one year at a time once I knew my business was doing well

I agree with everyone else! DO IT!!!!:D

Do it! You'll be so surprised by how well it works.

Yes - it's worth it! I had one INDIVIDUAL order for $1,009 last year! Yeah!! That paid for my website for a few years.... Truly, it pays off with the outside orders that will come in from shows. I put a little sticker or comment on all my invites saying "you may order online via ..... just enter "Suzy Host" as the Host." Even when the Host doesn't have an email, they get orders from people who like to order online. I LOVE my website - highly promote it!

ChefinHarmony said:
Yes - it's worth it! I had one INDIVIDUAL order for $1,009 last year! Yeah!! That paid for my website for a few years.... Truly, it pays off with the outside orders that will come in from shows. I put a little sticker or comment on all my invites saying "you may order online via ..... just enter "Suzy Host" as the Host." Even when the Host doesn't have an email, they get orders from people who like to order online. I LOVE my website - highly promote it!

Holy COW!! You must have been on a high for a week! That's awesome!:D

BethCooks4U said:
It is definitely worth it! The big thing is that not only do you have to put the link on all your paperwork but you have to TELL people it's there.

I have noticed a lot more people saying they have visited, ordering and using the site since I started making a verbal point that I have the site and that it's on my contact information. People don't always catch things on their own.:p
I agree comepletely! Its only as worth it as much as you promote it. I LOVE MINE!

I just got mine last night. But, I hosted a show and that's how she recruited me and in my show one lady couldn't make it, but she spent $350 online to order for it...plus SEVERAL others ordered from it. I could see right then how it would be worth it!

Plus, as a host it was just so much easier when I'd get orders from ppl that weren't coming to go in on her website and order for them..then I could input their credit card or give her their checks at the show....that way I didn't have to have her input it, it was already there!

Related to Personal Web Site... Really Worth It?

1. Is having a personal website really worth the investment?

Absolutely! A personal website can serve as a professional online presence and help you showcase your skills and achievements to potential employers or clients. It also allows you to control your online image and make a strong first impression.

2. How can having a personal website benefit my career?

Having a personal website can help you stand out in a competitive job market and make it easier for potential employers to find you. It also provides a platform for you to showcase your portfolio, work experience, and skills, making it easier for you to market yourself and land job opportunities.

3. Do I need to have technical skills to create and maintain a personal website?

Not necessarily. There are many user-friendly website builders available that require little to no technical skills. You can also hire a web designer to create and maintain your website for you if you prefer.

4. Can I use a personal website for more than just showcasing my professional skills?

Absolutely! Your personal website can also serve as a blog, an online resume, a platform for your creative projects, or even an e-commerce store. The possibilities are endless and can be tailored to your specific needs and goals.

5. How can I promote my personal website and drive traffic to it?

There are several ways to promote your personal website, such as sharing it on social media, including the link in your email signature, and optimizing it for search engines. You can also collaborate with other bloggers or websites in your niche to reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef