• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Clubs - Please Post if You've Done Them

In summary, this club is successful for the author because they have seven members and they receive orders that average $200. Additionally, the author suggests that they do something like a contract so that there are no misunderstandings.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I've researched the threads that are already here and am looking for some more recent feedback.

If you've done, or are currently doing, a PC club where the members place orders every month or every other month, please share:

- Was/is it successful for you? (If not, why not?)
- What is the minimum number of members and minimum order?
- Do your club members host actual shows or simply place orders?
- How to ensure you actually receive their orders (and someone doesn't drop out and blow the whole thing?)

Thanks in advance.
leggy

I am currently running a club wtih 7 members. I was looking for 10, but ran with what I had.
Here's how I work it:
There's no actual show, it's done by email or phone.
All members commit to one year. Each month, they place an order for minimum $25.00. Every month, a different member is the host. (s)he places their $25. order, and then gets all the host benefits based on the total. (the show totals have ranged from $200-$400 a month) All the orders are delivered to me, as many of the members don't know each other.
Then, I give the booking benefit for the next month. (ex: Susie is the host for March, then I book April's club off of her so she gets the April special too. Then May books off of April, etc.)
Everyone is a host once, then I have 5 months that are "mystery hosts" which my kids draw a name for. If I had gotten all 10 members, I would have done Dec and Jan as mystery months. But, this is working.

As for feedback, my participants are loving ths! They are so glad to be able to get the host benefits and be able to spread out their orders. This club is over in May and I will definately do it again.
Sorry this is so long, but on a personal note, having a $350 club order in Nov was great and helped me get my SAT products!!

Hope this helps...

Thank you thank you thank you!! This was helpful to me. My reruit (now qualified) and I were thinking of one of these and wasn't sure where to start. This was great info. We would alternate months so we don't have a ton to worry about but keeps both of us active along with our own show schedule.

Do club members sign an agreement to participate, or is this just 'word of honor"? Not that I would go after them legally :) Just rambling --I'd like to try it but a concern is club members changing their minds/dropping out/emergencies and the remaining members not have a qualifying $150 order. OTOH, that would leave an opportunity to sign up another member...and the club members might even recruit another member.

I love this idea. I had never heard or thought of this before.

CookingwithMary said:
Do club members sign an agreement to participate, or is this just 'word of honor"? Not that I would go after them legally :)

Just rambling --

I'd like to try it but a concern is club members changing their minds/dropping out/emergencies and the remaining members not have a qualifying $150 order. OTOH, that would leave an opportunity to sign up another member...and the club members might even recruit another member.

I did this with my friends scrapbook club. We had to sign an agreement. It was not binding but it made it more credible.

I really like this idea. How did you find people to participate in your club(s)? How do you decide who hosts the next month?

JoLynn

I have a question - does your $25.00 include S/H and tax? ...or do they pay that on top of it? If on top of it, I can see guest "complaining" that they pay $48 in S/H for the year when they could purchase twice a year and pay $8 S/H.

My stampin Up friend has a stamp club and the $ amt is retail. The people signing up know this in advance. It is in the contract.
When I did my friends scrapbook club it was also a retail $amt.

With shipping for us this would get tricky. Many other DS companies order using very different methods.

Last edited:
The $25 does not include s&h...but that was stated up front. I started with 8 members and actually just "let one out" becasue her jusband sprung a divorce on her with no warning!! Anyway, so far I have just taken people at their word. To pick the hosts, I did them in the order that they signed up...just made it easy. I initally sent the info out in one of my email newsletters. I think, that for the next time, I would do some kind of contract, just to be safe. Most of the current members are people I know fairly well. :)
No one has complained about the shipping yet...they like spreading out the orders over time instead of large lump sums.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to give this some real thought. Might work for me with my regular customers who don't want to Host a show.

extra info about clubswhen I was searching other PC websites (just going randomly and putting in /melissa,/alexis and using the names at the back to the consultant news) I found a consultant in TN that has a club here is the contract she uses and some additional info. I haven't done it yet but thought I would post the info she shared with me. :)

Attachments

• Cooking Club Agreement.doc
    21 KB · Views: 502
  • Cooking Club Agreement Advertisement.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 471
  • COOKING CLUB sign up.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 448
chefmoseley said:
when I was searching other PC websites (just going randomly and putting in /melissa,/alexis and using the names at the back to the consultant news).....

LOL, glad to know I am not the only one who does this! :angel:

Thanks for posting these documents. Nothing is better than finding what is already working well for someone else! I have a team member who is starting one of these up and was looking for info.

leggy

It says on one of the docs that is the 15$ plus tax but nothing about shipping,
but I see nothing about shipping. I am curious how this will be handled.

The documents (to me) seem to state that the participants must PAY $15 per month (not order). Then the host receives the $150 ($15 x 10) to SPEND. It's plus tax so that she's not stuck with that charge? I suppose that they can also buy products themselves, which would increase the amount the host gets.I understand purchasing $25 per month b/c it spreads it out. Of course, I'D want to be the first host so I have 10% off the rest of the time!! I don't think I understand having people pay $15 each month with no product in return b/c they are paying $150 for the term and that's really all they are getting as a host (other than the host special(s)).Interesting concept. I don't think I'd heard of this one before.

The above letters are confusing to me.

My scrapping lady does this, but she just says you need to buy at least $25 (not including shipping and tax) for 11 months and on your month, you get the host benefits.

I think that's how I'd do a PC club also - you're required to spend at least $25/month and then you get the host benefits on your month. I also like booking the next party off the current one so everyone gets 2 host specials.

As far as the cost of shipping, you said that everything is being shipped to your address. Why not just combine several orders together and then split the shipping costs between them.

time2cook said:
As far as the cost of shipping, you said that everything is being shipped to your address. Why not just combine several orders together and then split the shipping costs between them.

Because then the receipt is not under each participant's name in case of problems.

I like the scrapbooking idea better. This concept is a good starting point, but when I was in a club I had to place an order of $25 before s/h, & tax. I loved this idea because I could budget and not have a problem. Guests were always welcome but I don't think that we put a minimum on it (it was more that we expected an order of some sort).

Thanks for posting the information.

I am in a card making club that is similar-minimum $25 order every month and we rotate hosts (host brings the dessert for after cards are done.) I really like this because I can budget my scrapbooking expenses.

I think this would be a great idea for some of my die hard PC customers! Unfortunately, I don't know if this is the best time of the year to start. I think I will put out some feelers to some of my good customers and see if I can get any interest.

Great idea!! I never even thought of it for PC!!

Thanks for passing on this information. I need to digest it and think about it.

interesting ideas... anything about it against policy?

Jess_K said:
interesting ideas... anything about it against policy?

I personally am not aware of any policy limiting this, but at 17 months, I am still a relative newbie. Any of our more experienced cheffers have input?

Related to Pampered Chef Clubs - Please Post if You've Done Them

What is a Pampered Chef Club?

A Pampered Chef Club is a group where members can learn new cooking and meal prep techniques, try out new recipes, and share tips and ideas for using Pampered Chef products.

How do I join a Pampered Chef Club?

To join a Pampered Chef Club, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or search for clubs in your area on the Pampered Chef website. You can also start your own club if there are none in your area.

What are the benefits of joining a Pampered Chef Club?

Joining a Pampered Chef Club allows you to connect with other members who have a passion for cooking and using Pampered Chef products. You can learn new recipes, get tips and tricks for using your products, and even earn rewards for participating in club activities.

How often do Pampered Chef Clubs meet?

The frequency of Pampered Chef Club meetings can vary depending on the specific club. Some clubs may meet monthly, while others may meet bi-weekly or even weekly. It is best to check with your local consultant or club leader for the specific meeting schedule.

Do I need to own Pampered Chef products to join a club?

No, you do not need to own any Pampered Chef products to join a club. However, being a member of a Pampered Chef Club may inspire you to invest in some of their high-quality cooking tools and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies