• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packers or Cowboys? Who will win tonight?

In summary, a young boy in Wisconsin wore a Brett Favre jersey to school to show his support for the Packers in their big game against the Cowboys. His teacher was not impressed and asked him why he had become a fan. The kid had been a fan of Favre since he was a kid and was excited to show his support for his favorite team in the big game.
chefsteph07
Who do you take?

HELLO??!!??!!!!!

PACKERS

Why is there a football game on Thursday night? I hope it isn't on a channel that I want to watch!

I agree, but boy, it's goinna be a great game! I love Brett! I hope he goes to the Super Bowl!!!

JAE said:
Why is there a football game on Thursday night? I hope it isn't on a channel that I want to watch!
Sorry it's on the NFL network and most people don't get it. We'll be listening on our Sirius radio.

Don't be sorry. I don't want to watch the game. I want to watch Grey's Anatomy and ER.

I love football!! Go Cowboys!

The line is Dallas by 7. The over-under is 52-1/2 which says the odds makers are expecting an offensive shoot-out.I personally don't think the Packers have the horses to keep up with the Cowboys - KGB and Woodson are questionable, and without them, Romo and TO are going to just light up the field. Not to mention, I don't think the Packers have won a game in Dallas since Lombardi died.I've also been very uncomfortable with the way the Packers have not gone for the jugular in the second half. Carolina and Detroit should have been put away in the third quarter but weren't. The Packers obviously took their foot off the gas in both games, and both teams came back with a chance to tie late in the game.I'm especially uncomfortable with the way the defense has gone to sleep in the 4th quarter the last few games - and the Dallas offense is not going to go to sleep in the 4th quarter. The 4th quarter is where this game will be won or lost.If I were a betting man, I'd take the Packers and the points. But if I were a betting man, I'd pass on that bet and go on the over-under. I expect it to go waaaaaay over 52 because Favre isn't going to lay down, either.

BethCooks4U said:
Sorry it's on the NFL network and most people don't get it. We'll be listening on our Sirius radio.
Did you notice that most of the Thursday night games on the NFL network are stinkers? When the schedule was laid out, this one was supposed to be a stinker, too. Who ever expected these two teams to be the class of the NFC?

I think my husband has been a Cowboys fan since he was in the womb, so naturally I've become one too! Plus, a bunch of them are on my fantasy team! GO COWBOYS!:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Did you notice that most of the Thursday night games on the NFL network are stinkers? When the schedule was laid out, this one was supposed to be a stinker, too. Who ever expected these two teams to be the class of the NFC?

I did hear them talking about how so far the Thursday night games have been boring. My husband really hates the Cowboys - he is a die hard Broncos fan - but he won't be there tonight so we will be cheering on the Cowboys! Don't tell.:cool:

Packers of course - but we're blacked out by us so I'll be going to Packers.com or here for an update!!!!

I am a Cowboy fan at all times. I have liked them for as long as I can remember.

Neither...we don't watch sports here and normally don't have a clue as to what's going on during the season!! LOL

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Grey's is a rerun tonight but ER is new.

KellyTheChef said:
Neither...we don't watch sports here and normally don't have a clue as to what's going on during the season!! LOL

WHAT? You don't watch the Indians??? Travesty! LOL
Where is Hartville?

ChefJWarren said:
I did hear them talking about how so far the Thursday night games have been boring. My husband really hates the Cowboys - he is a die hard Broncos fan - but he won't be there tonight so we will be cheering on the Cowboys! Don't tell.:cool:
Mine too, however just to spite him in a very teasing way I always root for the opposite to get a rise out of him and it kills him! I especially try and get the DDs to sing "San Diego Super Chargers" around him and it fumes him! LOL:D

So Go Packers!

GO PACK!

We'll be watchin'!

catlwilles said:
I think my husband has been a Cowboys fan since he was in the womb, so naturally I've become one too! Plus, a bunch of them are on my fantasy team! GO COWBOYS!:D
A Wisconsin family moved to Texas and their poor kid in the family had to go to school where everyone wore blue and white stars. On the Thursday of the big Packers-Cowboys game, he wore his Brett Favre jersey to school.

The teacher was most upset with him. "You're a Packers fan?" she asked increduously.

"Yes, I am!" he answered proudly.

"What ever made you turn into a Packers fan?" she asked.

The kid thought about it for awhile and said, "Well, my mom and dad are both Packers fans, so I guess I became one, too."

"Well," the teacher asked, with her hands on her hips, "What if your mother was an idiot and your father was a moron. What would you be then?"

The kid thought for a moment, and suddenly his face lit up and he said, "I'd probably be a Cowboys fan!"

!!! GO PACK GO !!!
Will be watching the game for sure!!!

Oh KG, love the joke, lol!
Your first post sounds exactly like how my dh has been talking today...he's worried that Harris can't hold them off.
It will be a good game for sure....with the PACK with the 'W' at the end!
I'm so glad our cable here added the NFL network, or dh would be picketing the cable office today, lol!
I'm getting ready to go make brats & chips w/cheese dip; our traditional game-day meal:) (dh had our daughter kiss our Packers ornaments before putting them on the tree, for good luck!)

We have crappy Time Warner Cable, which won't provide the NFL Network OR The Big Ten Network.

There is an extreme amount of optimism around here - I am actually surprised by it all. Before the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit, there was extreme pessimism. Even I was cautious about the game in Detroit (it's documented in my blog) because GB has traditionally not done well in Detroit on Thanksgiving.In the early '90s, a scheduling oddity seemed to put Green Bay in Dallas every season and none of us can seem to remember the Cowboys coming to Green Bay at all. Some wag even created and started to distribute a schedule where every Green Bay game that was not against a Central Division team was in Dallas.As of this moment, we have no idea if Charles Woodson is going to play tonight, let alone start. KGB is also questionable. As long as they are "questionable" I stand by my prediction. IF the two of them start and play, Dallas is going to have their hands full and Green Bay could pull it out.Either way, it should be a barnburner and may well be a harbinger of the ultimate NFC Championship Game.

Packers Baby!!!

Woodson and KGB are not playing - if you are betting, the nod goes to Dallas.Keep this in mind - in 1996, the Cowboys were the anointed champions of the NFC and everyone thought the road to the Superbowl went through Dallas. Low and behold, the Carolina Panthers beat the Cowboys in the playoffs and the Panthers had to go to Green Bay for the championship and we know what happened there.I have a cap that declares the Green Bay Packers as the NFC Champions. So sure, and so arrogant was the rest of the world that the only green and gold on that cap is the Packers logo - the rest of the hat is decorated in Dallas Cowboys colors. Those caps were made up WEEKS before the playoffs.It's really annoying, but at the same time, it just proves that (as James Thurber said) "You can't count all your boobies before they're hatched."Hehehehehehehehe!

Bryant Gumbel is the play-by-play guy?BRYANT GUMBEL???Can I just puke now and get it over with? He is such a donkey.

I had to do it, I just had to. I turned off the sound and put on Wayne Laravee. Often you can't do that anymore because the satellite feed from television and radio don't coordinate very well. Tonight, they do. So long, Bryant. Go back to NBC and screw them up again, okay?

Wow KG! You usually seem to be a quiet guy who throws in a few sentences here and there. You're post are usually short and to the point (what I've seen anyway). Tonight it seems like your a guy who has been stuck in a room full of women for 6 years and we finally hit your subject! :D

You always keep us laughing! Just seems like we finally touched on a "manly topic". :rolleyes:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Bryant Gumbel is the play-by-play guy?

BRYANT GUMBEL???

Can I just puke now and get it over with? He is such a donkey.

I'd rather listen to Bryant Gumbel that that donkey deion sanders.....

pompous windbag that he is...........

btw - I should be watching the game, but instead, I'm here.

what does THAT tell ya??

I gave up on the game.

pamperedposey said:
Wow KG! You usually seem to be a quiet guy who throws in a few sentences here and there. You're post are usually short and to the point (what I've seen anyway). Tonight it seems like your a guy who has been stuck in a room full of women for 6 years and we finally hit your subject! :D You always keep us laughing! Just seems like we finally touched on a "manly topic". :rolleyes:
Well, you must have missed this one: 'Twas the Saturday Before ChristmasAnd this one, that I'm rather proud of.Or the posts in Chris' I HATE bridges thread or my threads about bridges (inspired by Chris, of course) like this one or this one. Or this one, that most people didn't think I had in me: The Importance of a Living Will.

Last edited:
pcchris said:
btw - I should be watching the game, but instead, I'm here.

what does THAT tell ya??

I gave up on the game.
I think you better turn the television back on.

Or log on to http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG13&game_id=29371.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think you better turn the television back on.

Or log on to http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG13&game_id=29371.

Doing that now! I want to know what is up?!?! Last time I heard it was 27-10 Cowboys and Favre was out...

Ooooo....getting closer - go pack! Thanks for the direct link KG!

27-24 Cowboys. 12 and counting to go in the 4th.

Go Cowboys! Go Defense! Hold 'em!

Ooooooooh! Go Packers - I can't stand the Cowboys, especially that freak TO - I'm from Philly, after all!! I hope the Pack wins!!!!!

I TOLD you to bet the over.

WHAT'S GOING ON W/ BRETT??? WHY IS HE OUT??? I CAN'T WATCH THE GAME SO TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!:cry:

His right elbow was injured on a tackle about half past the 2nd quarter. Aaron Rodgers has shown me a lot tonight - he is doing yeoman's service.If you want to know what's going on, log on to: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG13&game_id=29371

Thanks, that stinks about Favre...hopefully he'll be ok! Glad the backup is doing his job!

chefsteph07 said:
Thanks, that stinks about Favre...hopefully he'll be ok! Glad the backup is doing his job!

He's doing his job but they're still losing... :(

Oh well, it all comes down to the playoffs in the end...

The Dallas Cowboys is a very good football team.Tonight, we found out that the Packers is a good football team.The difference tonight was Charles Woodson and Kabeer Baja-Biamila missing. There were some questionable calls tonight - can someone explain to me how Al Harris' inteception became a reception for TO and a delay of game penalty against Harris? That should be interesting reading tomorrow morning. There were some crummy calls both ways, but it was a whale of a game.Dallas, you have a good team. It is the most explosive offense in the NFC, with Green Bay's being a close second. As good as Dallas appears to be, I wouldn't print NFC Champion hats just yet.

WOO HOO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For some reason, I see another trip to the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!! DH will be a very very happy man! We may just have to see about going to a play off game or something! We have been to a Dallas game in MN and AZ but we have yet to get to Texas Stadium! We sooooooooo need to go there for a game!

What a game! Don't even get my dh started on those crappy calls--sheesh! We were quite impressed with Rogers though; he's got a good teacher:) With 10 days to heal before the next game, Favre will be back!

Related to Packers or Cowboys? Who will win tonight?

1. Who are the Packers and Cowboys?

The Packers and Cowboys are both professional American football teams. The Packers are based in Green Bay, Wisconsin and the Cowboys are based in Dallas, Texas.

2. When is the next game between the Packers and Cowboys?

The next game between the Packers and Cowboys is on October 6th, 2019 at 4:25 PM ET.

3. Who is favored to win tonight's game between the Packers and Cowboys?

According to recent odds, the Cowboys are favored to win tonight's game against the Packers.

4. What are the team's records going into tonight's game?

Going into tonight's game, the Packers have a record of 3 wins and 1 loss, while the Cowboys have a record of 3 wins and 2 losses.

5. Who do you think will win tonight's game between the Packers and Cowboys?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I do not have any insider information or knowledge about football predictions. However, I can say that both teams have strong players and it will likely be a close and exciting game. Ultimately, the outcome will depend on how well each team performs on the field tonight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
keynibear
Replies