• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Struggles in My Direct Sales Business - A Supportive Community

In summary, Charity is having a tough time getting her business off the ground, and is wondering if she should keep one of the past shows' bookings. She is also encourged by another Maritimer to keep plugging along and things will hopefully turn around.
AJ-1
Hi Everyone,

You guys are such a great support system that I thought I would post here.

I just signed my first recruit on the weekend....and while I have been excited I'm a little down as well. I have struggled to get my business up off the ground and I continue to struggle for bookings. I went inactive this summer, and had 2 awesome shows...but nothing until October so my status slipped back to inactive again.

I did a show 2 weeks ago and had 4 potential bookings (they all wanted closer to Dec and Jan) but the host has joined my team. We're small...just her and I...HAHAHAHA. Anyway, on the guest care card these 4 potential hosts indicated they would support their host should she join the business.

So now I'm back to being lost. I have to talk to my new recruit about these shows and if she's interested. I have a slight feeling she may tell me to keep at least one...but I can't go with that assumption.

Now I'm stuck again. I've got a bunch of old catalogues ready to hand out to businesses in my area (walk in clinic, dental office, etc.)...I have started Customer Care Calls of past guests....but I'm hitting dead ends. Only one has requested I send along a new catalogue. I've chatted with my director, but I don't feel any more confident then before I called her.

Anyway, I was having a little pity party for myself and thought I'd come here.

Thanks for listening.....er reading

We all go through "dry spells" - or at least I have. How many shows have you done in total? You probably have lots of contacts from those past shows, so stick to your customer care calls. Eventually, one will pay off :)

Another thing to think about is your wording when you are on calls... are you picquing curiosity & interest? Are you generating excitement?

Are you doing your 3-2-1 in earnest (particularly the 3)? If you have a PWS, do you send out a newsletter indicating that the outlet has updated? I got ove r$500 in sales from my outlet last month, just by sending out an email.

It sounds like you are on the right track... you got 4 nookings at a show, so you KNOW you're shows are fun! You've recruited your 1st -- that's a HUGE milestone.

Stick with what IS working & give some thought on how to re-work what isn't working. Keep your chin up & things will likely turn around for you :)

Thanks Charity! Leave it to a fellow Maritimer to make me feel better :) (I'm from NS but living in Ontario).

I started doing 3 contacts a day. I'll keep plugging along :)

Appreciate the response!

What products can I use to help improve my mood?

There are several products that can help improve your mood, such as our Aroma Melts and Essential Oils. The soothing scents can help relax and uplift your mood.

Do you have any recipes that can boost my energy?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are packed with healthy and energizing ingredients, like our Power Protein Bites and Energy-Boosting Smoothie. These are great options for a quick and healthy pick-me-up.

Do you offer any tools to help with stress relief?

Absolutely! Our Therapeutic Neck Wrap and Relaxing Lavender Eye Pillow are perfect for providing soothing relief to tense muscles and promoting relaxation.

Are there any kitchen gadgets that can make cooking easier and less stressful?

Yes, we have a wide range of kitchen gadgets that can help make cooking a breeze, such as our Food Chopper and Garlic Press. These tools can save time and effort, making cooking less stressful and more enjoyable.

Can you recommend any cookbooks for healthy and mood-boosting recipes?

We have a variety of cookbooks that focus on healthy and mood-boosting recipes, such as "The Healthy Cookbook" and "Mood Food". These cookbooks offer delicious and nutritious recipes that can help improve your overall well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJ-1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • stefani2