• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Negative Reactions: Tips for Calling New Contacts as a Consultant

In summary, many people have had a positive response when they call people they haven't talked to in a while or only know in passing. The best way to approach someone is be upbeat and positive. If they are not interested, be ready for the "no" and move onto the next person.
bobbyjack
I am a new consulatant and have my list of people to call. Some of them I haven't talked to in a long time and others I really only know in passing. Has anyone ever had a negative reaction from calling people like this or what has the overall response been? I am trying to work up the courage to call outside of my safe zones any encouragement would be great!:blushing:

I have had only 1 negative reaction to Pampered Chef in my 2 years in business. The woman was really just a negative person in general. No one is going to yell at you or call or names or hang up on you. Short of that, I can take a polite no thanks or not at this time. So, just go for it!

You just have to be EXTREMELY excited in what you are saying. I know I have had to tell my Recruit to be upbeat and positive. She said, "I just started selling Pampered Chef and no one is coming to my first Grand Opening Show. I really need you to come!" I told her not to EVER say "no one is coming"! There is scripts on CC but one thing I have said is, "Hey this is Jane V! I just wanted to let you know that I am now a Pampered Chef Consultant and would love for you to be one of my Charter Hosts! You get a free gift of either the beautiful Cranberry Hot Pad/Trivet or two of our Spices...the Sweet Cinnamon and the Chipotle Rub! Our Host Special for January is... and I have a few dates left! When would be a good time to book your Show?" Don't ever say, "I have no Shows on my calendar yet" or "I am really desperate to book some Shows"... It takes 9 "No's" to get one "Yes", so hang in there! We did an "exercise" at our January Kick-off where so many people were "Yes" and so many were "No". We had 10 minutes to approach as many people as we could and ask, "The Host Special for February is great! You can get 60% off any item in the catalog for Hosting a Cooking or Catalog Show plus some other great benefits! All you need is $150 in Guest Sales before sales tax and shipping! I have February 5th and 14th open right now. Which would be good for you?" Hang in there! It gets easier!!

Jane, These are great word choices!!!!

Great advice - thanks!

"The Host Special for February is great! You can get 60% off any item in the catalog for Hosting a Cooking or Catalog Show plus some other great benefits! All you need is $150 in Guest Sales before sales tax and shipping! I have February 5th and 14th open right now. Which would be good for you?"

Great line.

I haven't had negative comments, either they are up for a party or not. If not, perhaps you can get their email and add them to your newsletter so they can get new recipes each month! (as well as hosting info)

Good luck with your business! You'll see that EVERYONE seems to love PC.

When I first started out my family was supportive but only verbally, no one really wanted to step up to the plate and hold a show. So what really helped me get going was to set out to get 100 "No's" by talking to everyone I ran into, I mean everyone. The way I worded it to the people I approached was "I'm a Pampered Chef lady and I'm in a contest with a couple of my fellow consutants. Whoever get's the first 100 "No's" this month gets a free lunch. So I'm going to ask you to host a show and you are going to say 'No'." I'm very upbeat and smily for this whole thing, I always pause here to make sure they are following me, then I ask it a sort of false but happy voice, "Would you like to host a show and earn great free Pampered Chef products?" Here is the trick, be ready for the 'No' and immediately following you go, "Yes! Thank you, that's 56 "No's" then you move on in your conversation. I know it's sounds silly, but the first 15 people I approached this way I got 10 bookings, and it really free's you up to approach everyone and there isn't any pressure for you to get the booking or for the people you are asking to host. They feel more comfortable and so do you. I was talking to the ladies in my middle son's daycare (2 bookings), people at the grocery store (1 booking), the copy shop, local people on the phone, etc. It's a great way to get your name out there to the places you frequent and the people you see, but wouldn't normaly ask individually. I did this in August and I had a gal apporach me last week for a show. Go for it and be excited!!

P.S. this is my first post on Cef's Success so I'm sure I've screwed it up LOL

Crystal Patton said:
When I first started out my family was supportive but only verbally, no one really wanted to step up to the plate and hold a show. So what really helped me get going was to set out to get 100 "No's" by talking to everyone I ran into, I mean everyone. The way I worded it to the people I approached was "I'm a Pampered Chef lady and I'm in a contest with a couple of my fellow consutants. Whoever get's the first 100 "No's" this month gets a free lunch. So I'm going to ask you to host a show and you are going to say 'No'." I'm very upbeat and smily for this whole thing, I always pause here to make sure they are following me, then I ask it a sort of false but happy voice, "Would you like to host a show and earn great free Pampered Chef products?" Here is the trick, be ready for the 'No' and immediately following you go, "Yes! Thank you, that's 56 "No's" then you move on in your conversation. I know it's sounds silly, but the first 15 people I approached this way I got 10 bookings, and it really free's you up to approach everyone and there isn't any pressure for you to get the booking or for the people you are asking to host. They feel more comfortable and so do you. I was talking to the ladies in my middle son's daycare (2 bookings), people at the grocery store (1 booking), the copy shop, local people on the phone, etc. It's a great way to get your name out there to the places you frequent and the people you see, but wouldn't normaly ask individually. I did this in August and I had a gal apporach me last week for a show. Go for it and be excited!!

Crystal, what a great wording! I just emailed out this challenge to my team using your wording to add bookings to our calendars before our January meeting using the attached chart. I am really excited about this!

Attachments

• 100 Nos.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 358
Crystal, Thank you for your post. I just used your idea, and sent it to my team, with a copy of the 100 No's. I have turned it into a contest, and there will be a prize for the one who collects the first 100 no's. You have such a creative way of approaching this, and it was nice to give them the words to say. I am hoping that the competition will spur the on, because most of my team consits of family right now (my brother, step-daughter, daughter, and best friend, who is soon to be my sister-in-law) My step daughter is the producer on my team, and everyone teases her about brown-nosing, so I challenged the rest of the team to beat her.

Thank you, you guys made me cry tonight (everyone together ... awhh) My director is in Indiana and I am in Arizona, I don't know any PC ladies locally so I've been winging it all alone. But I must be doing something right - I have 9 shows in Jan. we ARE going to Disney. I would just be lost out here without you guys, sniff.

mrssyvo said:
Jane, These are great word choices!!!!
Can't take credit for that! It's from my HD here! She has a great way with words... Says never to offer more than 2 dates at a time... Makes people feel the urgency to book right away!I have gotten so much from CS! I feel like I am not all alone here either and that people are willing to help each other!

To add to what Jane said, I too give two dates, but I do them in reverse order: January 14 or January 7. The one I want booked earlier in the month is the last one they hear and generally choose.

what do you think about emailing??? I recently have become active again and have had only one show and no booking from it. I have more email address's than phone numbers (soccer,church, etc) .

right after christmas I would like to try and book up Jan

Related to Overcoming Negative Reactions: Tips for Calling New Contacts as a Consultant

1. What are negative reactions in relation to Pampered Chef products?

Negative reactions refer to any negative responses or feedback received from customers regarding Pampered Chef products. This can include complaints about the quality, functionality, or overall satisfaction with a product.

2. How does Pampered Chef handle negative reactions?

At Pampered Chef, we take all negative reactions seriously and strive to address them promptly and effectively. Our customer service team is always available to assist with any concerns and we offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products.

3. What is the process for reporting a negative reaction to a Pampered Chef product?

If you have a negative reaction to a Pampered Chef product, we encourage you to reach out to our customer service team. They will ask for details about the issue and may offer a replacement, refund, or other resolution depending on the specific situation.

4. How does Pampered Chef prevent negative reactions from occurring?

We have strict quality control measures in place to ensure that our products meet our high standards before they are released to customers. We also regularly gather feedback from our customers and use it to improve our products and processes.

5. What should I do if I receive a defective or damaged Pampered Chef product?

If you receive a defective or damaged product, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will assist you in obtaining a replacement or refund and may also ask for the product to be returned for further evaluation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sueleeskitchen
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Raenstorm