• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oven-Cooked Ribs: 20-Min Recipe & Tips

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe for quick ribs made in the microwave, which were enjoyed but not as good as smoked ribs on the grill. The speaker suggests an oven equivalent for the recipe and shares their preferred method of slow-cooking and finishing on the grill. The oven temperature and cooking time are also provided. The conversation ends with excitement about using the recipe during the winter months.
kam
Staff member
I just made these to try at home on Sunday. I thought they were pretty good. DH always smokes the ribs on the grill and he thought these were "just ok". I agree with him that nothing compares to his smoked ribs but I thought the 20-minute ribs in the microwave were certainly acceptable in a pinch.

His problem mainly had to do with it having a slight "rubbery" texture due to being cooked in the microwave.

Does anyone know the oven equivalent to this recipe? Time/temp? Still cover and add water? Just wondering since I would like to use this recipe in the winter when it is too cold to smoke the ribs outside!

Thanks!

I don't know the cooking time equivalent, but I would guess around 45-60 minutes at 340. To me, the lower and slower the cooking, the better!

c00p said:
I don't know the cooking time equivalent, but I would guess around 45-60 minutes at 340. To me, the lower and slower the cooking, the better!

I agree! I've done the 20 minute ribs - and they're okay...but to my thinking, if I'm going to spend the money on baby-back ribs (they aren't cheap!) I want them to be the best ribs EVER! I bake them at 300 for about 3-4 hours, seasoned with the BBQ rub, and then I finish them on the grill, for that wonderful smoky grill flavor. (We only use a charcoal grill).

Thanks!

DH will be happy that I will cook them in the oven instead of the microwave.

Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the 20-minute ribs in the microwave recipe. It's definitely a quick and convenient option when you're in a pinch. However, I can understand your husband's preference for smoked ribs on the grill. Nothing beats that smoky flavor!To answer your question, the oven equivalent for this recipe would be to cook the ribs at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. You can still cover and add water as directed in the microwave recipe. This will help keep the ribs moist and tender.I completely understand wanting to use this recipe in the winter when it's too cold to grill outside. The oven method will definitely come in handy during those colder months. I hope this helps and happy cooking!Best,

What is the recommended cooking time for oven-cooked ribs?

The recommended cooking time for oven-cooked ribs is 20 minutes. This recipe is specifically designed to be a quick and easy option for busy weeknights.

Can I use any type of ribs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ribs for this recipe. However, we recommend using spare ribs or baby back ribs for the best results.

Do I need to marinate the ribs before cooking them in the oven?

No, marinating the ribs is not necessary for this recipe. The dry rub used in this recipe provides plenty of flavor and allows for a quicker cooking time.

What is the best way to ensure tender and juicy oven-cooked ribs?

The key to tender and juicy oven-cooked ribs is to cook them at a low temperature for a longer period of time. This allows the fat to render and the meat to become more tender.

Can I use a different type of barbecue sauce for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of barbecue sauce for this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite brand or flavor to customize the ribs to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lisa717
  • Jenni