• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Organizing Old CN's: To Keep or Toss? Tips for Dealing with Paper Piles

Old CN's - Keep, Toss, Other

• Keep 'Em!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TOSS 'EM!!!!

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G
Gagescorpages
I have WAY too much paper. I always have TOO MUCH PAPER. Piles are my affliction.
I have all the old CN's from when I started in July 06.
Someone- please- anyone - give me permission to TOSS THEM!!! LOL

You can toss them--they are all available online.

I voted keep them but Deb's right. They are available on line and honestly I rarely if ever look back at an old one.

I have them all neat in a binder, but I am thinking I could be using those binders for something else. Something that may bring me actual business...right??
Can you tell I have trouble letting go? LOL

Keep them. You never know when you might want to go back through them. I go through them from time to time looking for training or inspirational topics.

Oh Linda!!! Now I feel like I should keep them. LOL
Oh the inner conflict.....

Well - it's not like they take-up that much space! LOL
I keep mine in one of those open box magazine holders.

Now that's a thought...

I toss... with a twist. I save all of the consultant specials and host specials in 3-ring binders. It's great to go back in time and see what PC has offered in the past and a great reference with the guest and host specials if I need them.

pamperedlinda said:
Keep them. You never know when you might want to go back through them. I go through them from time to time looking for training or inspirational topics.

That's what I THINK I'm going to do with them but so far I haven't. :rolleyes:

I toss after 4 months. I find I can find pretty much everything I need on the pc website and 2 chef success forums. I am down to a tenth of paper files I was 8 years ago.

I am a paper hoarder and a "piler". I am ridding myself of my information slowly but surely! If you can keep them organized, I would say go for it, but I need to see my stuff and it ends up looking like Hurricane Katrina x 3:bugeye::eek:

I have kept them, however, my plan is to go through them, and pull out specific ideas, articles, and file them accordingly (booking tips, recruiting tips, etc) and then throw the "skeleton" away. That way I have gleaned the info I need, and thrown away the unneccesary.

my recruiter gave me all of her "stuff" when she got out of the business, including old issues of the CN. I loved looking thru them. I keep them in a binder too.

Mrssyvo said:
I have kept them, however, my plan is to go through them, and pull out specific ideas, articles, and file them accordingly (booking tips, recruiting tips, etc) and then throw the "skeleton" away. That way I have gleaned the info I need, and thrown away the unneccesary.

Ahhh....you are a good learner!

I have all of mine dating back to my very first month. I have them in binders. ido check back on them every so often for training ideas and stuff like that.

I am a good grasshopper, Janice (LOL)

Related to Organizing Old CN's: To Keep or Toss? Tips for Dealing with Paper Piles

1. What is the best way to organize old CN's?

The best way to organize old CN's is to first sort them by date or category. This will make it easier to find specific documents when needed. Next, consider scanning or digitizing the CN's to reduce paper clutter. Finally, invest in a filing system or storage solution that works for you.

2. Should I keep or toss old CN's?

It ultimately depends on the importance and relevance of the CN's. If they contain important information or are required for legal or financial purposes, it is best to keep them. However, if they are no longer useful or necessary, it may be time to toss them. Just be sure to properly dispose of any sensitive information.

3. How do I deal with having too much paper?

Start by decluttering and getting rid of any unnecessary paper. Then, implement a system for managing incoming paper, such as sorting and filing immediately, or using a designated inbox for new documents. Consider going paperless for bills and statements to reduce the amount of paper coming in.

4. What are some tips for tackling paper piles?

First, set aside dedicated time to tackle the paper piles. Start by sorting the papers into categories and then prioritize which piles to tackle first. Consider using a timer to stay focused and motivated. As you go through each pile, decide what to keep, toss, or digitize. Don't be afraid to ask for help if needed.

5. How can I overcome the urge to hold onto old CN's?

It can be hard to let go of old CN's, but it's important to remember that holding onto unnecessary papers can create unnecessary stress and clutter. Take a moment to assess the importance and relevance of each CN and remind yourself that keeping everything is not necessary. It may also help to set a limit on how much space or time you can dedicate to keeping old CN's.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hsilwamba
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • Jilleysue