• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing a Mommy & Me Show: Tips for Success

In summary, the author is nervous about doing a show with kids and is looking for advice. She recommends doing a show with friends or family members only, and recommends using Pampered Chef products because they are less expensive.
2crazyboys
I have been slacking lately and haven't done a show in a few months. I'm doing a mommy and me show for my friend next Saturday and I'm not sure how to organize it. I'm nervous about how many kids will end up being there and how I will keep things organized?

Do you have any advice for food that shows more expensive products? All the recipes I can come up with for kids show cheap items. I want the show to be worth my time.

I did a show at a campground with friends and all the kids stuck around. What it turned into was 15 kids using all of my PC products to make 2 of the trifles. All I had to do is direct. I did sort of decide "who cares what this ends up looking like, the kids are having a great time" which is hard for me to give up "control"... ; )

Sounds like you will have younger children? Maybe theres a recipe out there that would work for their age. Parents just love to see their kids in the kitchen. Good luck!

Bake a brownie in the torte pan (or even stoneware) ahead of time, when its cool, plate it. Have the kids spread raspberry jam and shave white chocolate on top.

How about deviled eggs in the chillzanne?

Kids can use the food chopper, quik stir pitchers, stainless bowl (non skid bottm!), scoops, salad spinner.

The apple berry salsa in the "all The Best" cookbook you could make and use almost all of those items above along with the apple/peeler/corer.

You'll do great!

To Raquirion:
I'm going to be doing a show at a campground for my sister and her friends. PLEASE give me some do's and don'ts if you have time. I'm glad to know someone else has done this before. She said they are getting rid of the husbands and I don't see many (if any) kids being there so hopefully it'll just be adult women. Personally, I would rather not do shows where there's a ton of kids there. I've been selling Mary Kay for almost two years and I stopped doing parties because people insist on bringing their kids and they would let them do the facials and "play" in my makeup. Even though I would make comments about how I had to buy the samples and when they get big they can wear makeup just like their moms. It didn't help! I haven't done a MK party since January. Pampered Chef is much more fun and the fact that the host discount is not coming out of my pocket is a big plus for me. I was going broke with MK.
Any advice about a campground show would be very welcomed!

I hope my last post didn't sound like I don't like kids. I have two of my own!! BUT, sometimes it's good for the Moms to get together and do stuff. The ones that came to my MK parties were around 6 and 7 years old and one came to three different parties and did the facials each time. My eyeshadows were a mess when it was over.
With Pampered Chef, I had two young girls(10 years old) help me in my first show and it was fun for them. But having 12 to 15 kids at a show would not appeal to me. Several years ago, I had a Pampered Chef show for someone and she had to stop the show and ask the mothers to control their children. Two little boys were here and they were going wild (jumping off the couch, screaming, wrestling, etc.) When they started acting up, so did the other 5 that were here. It was the worse show I've ever had at my house and I've done several different types of shows. When it was over, I was in tears and the consultant was very upset. A few months later I called the same consultant to see about her doing a bridal show for my neice. She flat refused!! She said she couldn't do another show here with all those kids and that it was the worse one she had ever done. I assured her that it would only be my family and the kids that were here before lived up the street and wouldn't be here. She finally agreed and it went great! I guess that whole experience scares me from having a show with a bunch of kids. If anyone can tell me how they avoid situations like that, I would appreciate it. Most of my friends have children that are 11 years old and younger (parents of my daughters friends) and when they come they bring the 11 year old AND the younger ones. I'd like to avoid that if possible without making anybody mad!

several years ago I did an ice cream show where the kids did all of the work with products like the Food Chopper, Apple P/C/S and Wedger, all kinds of kid-safe tools. It was alot of fun, but the idea was to give the control to the kids and their moms-I will say no one booked from this show as I think the Moms felt like we lost control!

I think I lucked out with so many kids, I think it went well because we all know each other really well. Some of the kids had already been in my kitchen at home making pretzels on a rainy day so they know my style and were willing to be directed...

I don't know what I would do if they really got crazy because I'm not that patient. I know a consultant who asks for kids to stay home - "markets" it as a night out for mom.

The campground show... many of us camp together so I knew that everyone was well equipped in their campers. Since it was also for close friend who had already gotten much of the spring/ summer product at other shows I had done, I didn't go with the mindset to "push" particular items. Honestly I just wanted to get in 2 July shows to make sure I got the saucepan! We ended up doing it on the 4th of July...

We chose to make 2 trifles; one to taste and one for dessert after dinner (I left out the sherbert on the 2nd one - it tastes fine without it and didn't get soggy).

Don't overpack, make something simple (maybe even prep ahead). Instead of feeling like its not a full fledged show take advantage of the fact that its camping - its supposed to be laid back.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the response! My sister's camper is big and she always has the ameneties of home but should I stick with things that can be made outside? She has a huge awning in front of the camper and we looked at it during our family July 4 picnic and decided to have it outside. I told her I could still cook in her oven but do you suggest doing that or stick with things that don't have to be cooked. We decided on the Aloha Pizza and the Peanut Butter Trifle for dessert. We're going with a Hawaiian theme. For drinks she wants to do Pina Coladas or some other type of Hawaiin drink. I think it'll be fun but I appreciate any advance advice. She talks like there will be a crowd of woman there and probably more will wander over as we get started.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wear a Hawaiin shirt, a lei & flip flops! Play one of those games that the door prize gets passed around every time you say aloha (you just have to remember to work it into the show).

You'll probably be fine but my camper oven cooks hot and tends to burn the bottom of things when I bake. (make sure your stone will fit) Just watch it closely - everyone cooks inside their camper at one time or another.

I'm thinking I'm going to set up food stations and have the moms help the kids. So far I'm thinking about having a veggie cutting station using a variety of cutting tools, a cut and seal sandwich station, and a mouse cupcake station.I want to have something there the moms will enjoy eating though that I may make before hand. Any ideas for an easy, stand alone recipe?

raquirion said:
I did a show at a campground with friends and all the kids stuck around. What it turned into was 15 kids using all of my PC products to make 2 of the trifles. All I had to do is direct. I did sort of decide "who cares what this ends up looking like, the kids are having a great time" which is hard for me to give up "control"... ; )

Sounds like you will have younger children? Maybe theres a recipe out there that would work for their age. Parents just love to see their kids in the kitchen. Good luck!

Oooooh tell us more! What did you have for them to do? I was thinking of doing a trifle assembling class, and charge the $35 (or maybe more to include ingredients) for the trifle bowl as their fee....

I was also thinking of doing a "colonial times" show for those American Girl doll fans (Elizabeth & Felicity) and do scones, include an english muffin with jam tea party brunch...

pamperedcheermom said:
Any advice about a campground show would be very welcomed!

I haven't finished reading this thread but here's what I have saved

Last edited:
Hi, I just found this thread and was thinking of marketing an idea for an exercise group i used to be a part of. they are 90% stay at home moms and often have playdates after their class. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good ways to incoporate LITTLE kids into a cooking show. Were talking 3 or 4yrs olds. perhaps a couple of 2yr odls. I would love to do something that they could get their hands into. One thought I had was cupcakes and letting the kids decorate their own with the bottle decorators? and then doing a healthy salad for the mums? Thanks for any ideas anyone has :D

2crazyboys said:
I have been slacking lately and haven't done a show in a few months. I'm doing a mommy and me show for my friend next Saturday and I'm not sure how to organize it. I'm nervous about how many kids will end up being there and how I will keep things organized?

Do you have any advice for food that shows more expensive products? All the recipes I can come up with for kids show cheap items. I want the show to be worth my time.

I did one last December and gave the Moms a soup recipe to do while I made Christmas cookies/treats with the kids. It was hilarious. One of the moms took over and was acting like she was doing a show on Food Network, throwing everything in the pot like Emeril, talking like Paula Deen, calling up other moms to use the products. It was so much fun!!! The soup recipe was one that I translated into a PC product recipe. With the kids we did chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, Reese PB cookies in MMP, and microwave cake. Keep it simple!

its_me_susan said:
I was also thinking of doing a "colonial times" show for those American Girl doll fans (Elizabeth & Felicity) and do scones, include an english muffin with jam tea party brunch...

Love this idea! My daughter is 6; she & her friends are SOOOOO into American Girl! Thanks:thumbup:

2crazyboys said:
I'm thinking I'm going to set up food stations and have the moms help the kids. So far I'm thinking about having a veggie cutting station using a variety of cutting tools, a cut and seal sandwich station, and a mouse cupcake station.

I want to have something there the moms will enjoy eating though that I may make before hand. Any ideas for an easy, stand alone recipe?

Rachel, this is a great idea. I just had one of these last week and it was fairly successful. I made the Ham & Cheese brunch squares, but also had stations for making kool-aid w/ the QuickNStir, cutting up veggies and dip w/the My Safe Cutter, and cutting up cheese squares with the little cookie cutters (can't remember the name!) I like your suggestion of having the moms help - that would've helped since it did get a little crazy. (And I only had 5 moms there!)

My best suggestion is to try to have someone else there to try to manage the kids. Either a friend or an older child. At one point in my show we realized all the kids had gotten quiet and I looked over to discover that my 10 year old son was directing all the rest of the kids in a game of Simon Says!

My sales were not huge, but it got some people there who would otherwise never come to a party because their lives are too busy at night, and some of those people are actually thinking of hosting! Also, I love kids, so it was fun!!

I am doing a show for mothers and daughters in a couple of months! I am going to use the large batter bowl to bake a cake in! After cooling, flip it over and stick a barbie doll in it and decorate it like a dress! the host is going to provide all the little girls with the little sister barbie and we are going to give them cupcakes upside down to decorate! this show will be selling our PC Baking stuff but i will have other products for the mom's to look at and purchase!

PCBritt said:
I am doing a show for mothers and daughters in a couple of months! I am going to use the large batter bowl to bake a cake in! After cooling, flip it over and stick a barbie doll in it and decorate it like a dress! the host is going to provide all the little girls with the little sister barbie and we are going to give them cupcakes upside down to decorate! this show will be selling our PC Baking stuff but i will have other products for the mom's to look at and purchase!

That is a great idea but instead of upside down cupcakes why don't you make them in the prep bowls. Just another way to use a PC product unless you are going to do the rose cupcakes in the silicone pan.

that is a great idea! I didn't think about the prep bowls!! Thanks!!

I just got a call from a gal new to my area and is having her entire house "flipped". She wants to do a Mommy and Me show outside. The age of the kids are 5 years. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes for 5 years olds to make and there will not be access to any grills. Thanks

Related to Organizing a Mommy & Me Show: Tips for Success

1. How do I find moms who would be interested in a Mommy & Me show?

Start by reaching out to your own network of moms, such as friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also promote the show on social media and ask for referrals from other moms. Consider partnering with local mom groups or organizations to reach a larger audience.

2. What types of products should I feature at a Mommy & Me show?

It's important to have a mix of products that appeal to both moms and their children. This can include kitchen gadgets and tools for cooking with kids, as well as kid-friendly products like cookie cutters and food molds. It's also a good idea to have some non-food products, such as organizational tools or cleaning supplies.

3. How should I set up the space for a Mommy & Me show?

The key to a successful Mommy & Me show is creating a welcoming and interactive environment. Set up different stations for kids to play and try out products, and make sure there is plenty of space for strollers and diaper bags. You can also have a designated area for snacks and refreshments for both moms and kids.

4. How can I encourage moms to make purchases at the show?

Offer special discounts or promotions specifically for the Mommy & Me show. You can also have a raffle or giveaway for attendees who make a purchase. Additionally, providing product demonstrations and letting moms try out products before buying can also help increase sales.

5. What are some fun activities I can incorporate into a Mommy & Me show?

A Mommy & Me show is a great opportunity to not only showcase products, but also provide a fun and engaging experience for moms and their kids. Consider setting up a DIY food station, where moms and kids can make and decorate their own snacks. You can also have a face painting or craft station, and even schedule a story time or sing-along session for the kids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
  • chefshawna