• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering at Shows: Struggling & Searching for a Solution

In summary, Rebecca brings her laptop to her shoes to avoid making mistakes at checkout and to speed up the process. Other guests recommend using a calculator or pen and paper, taking your laptop, or announcing that everyone needs to come up one at a time to make sure mistakes are avoided. The spreadsheet idea from Bee is interesting and she is planning to adapt it to her state's shipping regulations.
Bexamo
I need some help!! I really struggle with completing orders at the shows. I make math mistakes - calculator input errors - recheck and recheck... and as a result it takes forever for each customer! (I live in Alaska, so shipping is NOT a matter of $4.00 - it is 15% plus $2!!) I like the idea of bringing the my laptop, and I will do that whenever possible. Does anyone have a great system for fast and accurate check-out manually????!!! I hate the impression I feel like I am making at that point...

Rebecca: As you mentioned I bring my laptop to my shoes. Not only do I not need to worry about making a mathematical error but it saves me time when I get home. I have the guest read me off what is on there sheet as I type it. This also allows the guests to see how easy it is to calculate and send the orders to the home office. Hope this helps!

I swear by my laptop!

I would take a laptop if I had one.

I used to feel very frazzled at checkout. What helped me was announcing that everyone needed to come up one at a time. I tell them, "This allows me to make sure I help you get what you want and answer any questions you might have."

With only one person at a time, instead of a line of fidgety people, I make fewer mistakes and things go much smoother.

I use this Excel spreadsheet. You can change the formula to compute what the total is based on the guest's product total. The only problem is when you have a pantry item the tax changes.

Okay, it won't let me send Excel. Send me an e-mail and I'll forward to you if you want it. [email protected]

dannyzmom said:
I swear by my laptop!
Me too!! I don't have to check and re-check myself like I was doing with a calculator. The only difficulty I've run into is missing an item if the guest has ordered LOTS. I know one way to streamline the check out process even more is to have the guests themselves read off the item number to you as you just plug them in.

another vote for the laptop....if you don't have one, you can pick one up fairly cheaply these days...i use mine exclusively for Pampered Chef (easy tax write off!)

Well, now I feel REALLY old fashioned! I still use a calculator and pen... of course, I have always been good at math and (tooting my own horn here) have not make any mistakes with my system yet. But, I do fill in each subtotal section of the order form and then when I'm done, I add everything again quickly to make sure I came up with the right amount.

If I have a show where there are going to be either a lot of orders or even just a few large ones, I usually have the guests fill out their forms and leave them in a pile beside me. I do the calculations while they eat and chat. Then I'll call each person up individually to finalize the order. That way I don't feel like I have someone watching over my shoulder and they don't have to wait in line.

I take my laptop too. I think it lets guest see how easy it is to enter a show. Maybe it will get me a recruit!!!

Laptop here, too! :D

I use my laptop too.

The one thing I do do is double check to make sure the item number AND the description matches and to make sure that I catch if they are ordering multiples of the same item.

Thanks so much for all the tips. As many of you suggested, I will try to use my laptop whenever possible. My concern is those days when I can't - no access, no connection, whatever curse may come! To use P3 you need to be online, don't you?

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions to stay unstressed and keep calm while checking and rechecking on calculator shows! The spreadsheet idea from Bee is interesting - I need to do some major reworking to adapt to Alaska shipping, but it can be done!!

You are all so great!!

Rebecca,

You don't have to be on line to use P3. I take just my laptop (no power cords) and turn it on once I'm ready to take orders.

You can manually set the tax rate for Alaska. To save time, I only type in the name, zip, city, and state at the show (so the shipping rates compute accurately). I also ask the guests to 'drop off' their order forms when they're ready and go back to socializing. I then call them up as I work thru the stack.

Hope this helps. Do give it a try! It makes the whole process easier...especially the math part. :)

Definitely bring the laptop! I enter all my orders at the show and then transmit when I get home or when the host closes the show. If anyone makes a comment about the "fancy consultant with the laptop" I just laugh it off and say it is my best business investment yet!

I did run into a problem at one of my recent shows when P3 did not figure the shipping costs for me, finally figured out that I had not put in the host address!! OOPS!! I won't make that mistake again!

Rebecca-I'm in Anchorage too!! We should meet up some time!

Jill :) :)

What are the best ways to place an order at a Pampered Chef show?

There are a few different options for placing an order at a Pampered Chef show. The first option is to place an order directly with the consultant hosting the show. You can also place an order online through the Pampered Chef website using the consultant's unique show link. Another option is to fill out a paper order form and submit it to the consultant.

How can I pay for my order at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef accepts several forms of payment, including credit or debit cards, PayPal, and gift cards. If you are placing an order through the consultant, they will be able to process your payment on the spot. If you are ordering online, you can choose your preferred payment method at checkout.

Can I change or cancel my order after it has been placed?

If you have placed your order through a consultant, you will need to contact them directly to make any changes or cancellations. If you placed your order online, you can log into your account and make changes or cancel the order before it has been processed for shipping.

When can I expect to receive my order from a Pampered Chef show?

Orders typically ship within 2-3 business days after they are placed. Depending on your location, it may take an additional 2-7 business days for the order to be delivered. You can track your order through your account on the Pampered Chef website.

What is the return policy for orders placed at a Pampered Chef show?

If you are not satisfied with your order, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. The product must be in its original condition and packaging. If you received a damaged or defective product, Pampered Chef will cover the cost of return shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • northern_sunshine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dancedivine