• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Ad in Local Paper???

In summary, a consultant may place paid advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and it is also allowed to be included as an upcoming community event in the "Out & About" column. However, it is important to make it clear that you are an Independent Consultant and not an employee of the company. If seeking unpaid coverage, refer to the policy on publicity. It is a great opportunity to get more people to your open house and it's free advertising, but make sure to let your friend know that you value her as a friend and not just for the advertising. Good luck!
thechefofnorthbend
I have a dear friend who would like to put a blurb in our loacl paper about my open house I am holding on the 18th of this month. she works for the "Out & About" colomn section and would like to list it as an upcoming community event. Um...is this allowed?:confused: I gave her an invite so she would come, not so she would advertise it (not that I am going to poo poo the free advertising...lol;) ) I need to let her know by days end if this is ok. Thanks for the help gals!!

Here is the policy from the website and from that it appears that you may do so but I'd call to be certain:

Advertising: Newspapers and Magazines
Consultants and above Consultants may place paid advertisements in local, community and national newspapers; town newsletters; Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations’ publications; school, church or county fair programs, flyers, etc.; and in local and national magazines.

In all advertisements, identify yourself as an Independent Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees. See Title/Identification guidelines.

If you are providing information to a newspaper or magazine for possible (i.e., unpaid for) coverage or inclusion in a story, refer to the separate policy on publicity.

Hi there! I think it's totally fine for your friend to include your open house in the "Out & About" column as an upcoming community event. It's a great way to get the word out and attract more people to your open house. Plus, it's free advertising so why not take advantage of it? Just make sure to let your friend know that you appreciate her support and that you gave her an invite because you value her as a friend, not just for the advertising. Good luck with your open house! :)

1. What is an open house ad in a local paper?

An open house ad in a local paper is a type of advertisement that promotes a specific event or sale at a physical location, usually a business or residence. This type of ad is typically found in the classifieds or community section of a newspaper and includes details about the event, such as date, time, location, and any special offers or activities.

2. How can I use an open house ad to promote my Pampered Chef business?

An open house ad in a local paper is a great way to reach a larger audience and attract potential customers to your Pampered Chef business. You can include details about your products, services, and any special offers or demonstrations that will be available during the open house. It's also a great opportunity to showcase your business and make personal connections with potential customers.

3. Do I need to pay to have an open house ad in a local paper?

Yes, most newspapers charge a fee for placing an open house ad in their publication. The cost will vary depending on the size of the ad, the circulation of the newspaper, and any additional features or upgrades you choose. It's important to carefully consider your budget and target audience before deciding on the ad size and placement.

4. Can I include images or graphics in my open house ad?

Yes, many newspapers allow you to include images or graphics in your open house ad for an additional fee. This can be a great way to make your ad stand out and showcase your products or business. However, make sure to check with the newspaper's guidelines and specifications for images before submitting your ad.

5. How far in advance should I place my open house ad in a local paper?

It's best to place your open house ad at least two weeks in advance to give potential customers enough time to plan and mark their calendars. This will also give you time to make any necessary changes or additions to the ad. However, if you have a larger budget, you may want to consider placing the ad earlier to reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jbachen