• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Op-Ed by W. Buffet in the Nytimes.....

In summary, the conversation is about an article written by Warren Buffett discussing the benefits of investing in American stocks and the overall future of the US stock market. The speaker also mentions their personal preference for buying locally made products and the potential risks involved in stock market investments. The conversation ends with a note of gratitude for having a financial guru as a friend.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My Financial Guru (and very good friend) just sent me this - thought some of you might find it interesting too....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/opinion/17buffett.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Thanks Becky... I'll finish reading after I get home. The lunch break is almost over.

Nice to know what Warren thinks. It disturbs me that his name is bantered around in
the political arena, as if he puts his seal of approval on one of the candidates. From
what this article says, does it give you confidence in Pampered Chef's future, knowing
we are one of his holdings? It would seem so to me. I have the attitude of buying
local as often as possible, which in the wider circle includes our Village, Country, State,
and the good ole USA. I'm always happier when I see a PC product was produced in
the USA. Interesting enough, the quality control seems better in the USA. (My daughter has advanced to being a Quality Control Engineer).

He's talking about buying American stocks and investing in the US stock market, not selling all of your stock holdings now and realizing the value of your shares while the market is down. He's basing his thinking on the past performance of the stock market, which has traditionally gone up over time. However, every financial institution will tell you "past performance is not a guarantee of future performance", which is why he keeps saying "I have no idea what the market will do". No one does. It's a gamble, but he makes a great case for saying that it's a good gamble to bet on the US.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this article. It's always great to have a financial guru in your corner, especially during these uncertain times. I found the article to be very interesting and thought-provoking. It's important for all of us, especially as entrepreneurs, to be mindful of our financial decisions and to always have a plan in place. Thank you for the reminder and for being a great friend and support system. Have a great day!

What is the main point of W. Buffet's Op-Ed in the New York Times?

The main point of W. Buffet's Op-Ed is to address the issue of income inequality and advocate for higher taxes on the wealthy.

Why did W. Buffet choose to write this Op-Ed?

W. Buffet wrote this Op-Ed to bring attention to the widening wealth gap in the United States and to share his perspective on how to address it.

What specific tax changes does W. Buffet propose in his Op-Ed?

W. Buffet proposes raising taxes on the top 1% of earners, including a minimum tax rate of 30% for those making over $1 million and eliminating tax breaks for the ultra-wealthy.

What examples does W. Buffet use to support his argument?

W. Buffet uses examples from his own life, such as paying a lower tax rate than his secretary, and statistics on the growing income disparity in the US to support his argument for higher taxes on the wealthy.

What impact does W. Buffet hope his Op-Ed will have?

W. Buffet hopes his Op-Ed will spark conversation and action on the issue of income inequality and lead to changes in tax policies that benefit the majority of Americans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
Replies
Views
cla519
Replies
Views