• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

One of My Team Members Just Lost Her Mom

In summary, when offering condolences to a team member, it is important to express sincerity and respect. Sending flowers or a gift is not necessary, but can be a thoughtful gesture. Supporting a grieving team member can involve asking them how you can best support them, checking in regularly, and offering assistance. Whether or not to attend a funeral or memorial service is a personal decision based on your relationship with the team member and their family. In the workplace, it is important to be understanding and patient, offer help with tasks, and support the team member in any way they may need during this difficult time.
chefkathy
I am sobbing you guys. This is horrible.

Liz's mom passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday. She passed in her sleep. She wasn't sick or anything.

This is just horrible.

If you can spare a prayer for Liz, I'd appreciate it.

How sad!! I just said a quick prayer for Liz and her family. It is hard to see it, but what a blessing that she wasn't injured or suffering for a long time. It is hard for those left though because there was no time to prepare ( but how prepared can you be to lose loved one?).

It's never easy no matter what. Sending prayers along...

So sad. Liz and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

They are in my prayers as well. I lost my Mom in '99. My heart goes out to her.
Is she a member of CS/DCS?

I'm so sorry to hear that. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I will say a prayer for her and her family. It is so sad. This happened to my girlfriend...her father woke up Christmas morning to find his wife had passed in the night, not sick at all.
It is never easy to lose anyone, especially around the holidays. I will pray for her to find peace and get through this difficult time.

Prayers to Liz and her whole family.

prayers to liz, Deb. How terrible. :(

Prayers being sent to Liz and her family...makes you remember to appreciate each and every day you have.

Prayers and sympathies...

1. How should I offer my condolences to my team member?

It's important to express your sympathy in a sincere and respectful manner. A simple message or card expressing your condolences and support can go a long way. You can also offer to help with any tasks or responsibilities that your team member may need assistance with during this difficult time.

2. Should I send flowers or a gift?

Sending flowers or a gift can be a thoughtful gesture, but it's not necessary. If you choose to do so, make sure to keep the recipient's preferences and cultural traditions in mind. Alternatively, you can make a donation to a charity in honor of your team member's mom.

3. How can I support my team member while they are grieving?

Everyone grieves differently, so it's important to ask your team member how you can best support them. Some may appreciate a listening ear, while others may prefer some space. Check in with them regularly and offer your assistance in any way they may need.

4. Is it appropriate to attend the funeral or memorial service?

Attending the funeral or memorial service is a personal decision and should be based on your relationship with your team member and their family. If you do plan on attending, make sure to respect any cultural or religious customs and dress appropriately.

5. How can I help my team member cope with their loss in the workplace?

Grieving can be a difficult and emotional process, so it's important to be understanding and patient with your team member. Offer to help with any work tasks or deadlines that may be overwhelming for them. You can also suggest that they take some time off if needed, and support them in any way they may need during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Nique
  • General Chat
Replies