• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Sheet Pans - What to Do With Unneeded Set?

In summary, the conversation discussed finding and deciding what to do with the original sheet pans that were still in their plastic sleeves. The product was still functional but had a tendency to discolor after use. Some suggestions for using the extra pans included donating them, using them for kids' arts and crafts, using them as lap desks, and gifting them as presents. The conversation also mentioned using the extra pan as a booking incentive or prize for a customer appreciation show. Overall, the conversation highlighted the versatility and durability of the sheet pans.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
While cleaning out my closet this evening, I found my original sheet pans. I'm trying to remember why they were pulled originally. My delimma is what should I do with the old ones (don't need two sets). They are still in the plastic sleeves they were shipped in.

There's nothing wrong with the product itself except that certain ones will discolor after they are used. It will still work just fine.

They work great for kids arts and crafts.

"There's nothing wrong with the product itself except that certain ones will discolor after they are used. It will still work just fine."

Thanks for this information/reminder. I will now have an easier time deciding what to do with them.

You could always donate it to a local thrift store or charity rummage sale.If you have young children (elementary school age, not toddlers), they make great project centers. You know all of those things they do that use beads, glitter, and stuff? If they do it on the sheet pan the cleanup will be a snap! For younger kids, you can use it for a Play-Doh center. I always hated cleaning up the mess. Wish I'd known to do this years ago. My DS would have been able to play with Play-Doh more often. Do you work out of your vehicle a lot? They make handy lap desks. They're sturdy enough to give you a good writing surface, and the sides keep things from sliding off your lap.

chefpenny99 said:
While cleaning out my closet this evening, I found my original sheet pans. I'm trying to remember why they were pulled originally. My delimma is what should I do with the old ones (don't need two sets). They are still in the plastic sleeves they were shipped in.

I am still using mine at home for cooking...my new ones I have saved for shows/booths. I can't bring myself to use them and get them all scratched up yet knowing there is nothing functionally wrong with the originals.

Yeah, I'm still using my original ones at home. I would maybe gift them to a family member that would enjoy the quality and not mind too much if they discolor.... Christmas is coming... They would make an awesome gift! :)

You could use the second un-opened Sheet Pan as a booking incentive. OR use it in November for SAT somehow (maybe an additional prize for a Mystery Host Show). OR use it for a prize in a customer appreciation show.

I am also still using my original at home and taking the second one to shows. I don't mind the discoloring and it doesn't change how it works.

Related to Old Sheet Pans - What to Do With Unneeded Set?

1. What can I do with my old sheet pans?

There are several options for repurposing old sheet pans. You can use them as trays for organizing items in your pantry or fridge, as serving trays for appetizers or desserts, or as a base for crafts such as decoupage or homemade magnetic boards.

2. Can I recycle my old sheet pans?

Yes, most sheet pans are made of aluminum, which is a recyclable material. Simply clean and dry the pans and place them in your recycling bin.

3. Are there any safety concerns with reusing old sheet pans?

If your sheet pans are made of aluminum, there are no safety concerns with reusing them. However, if they are made of non-stick material, it is important to check for any scratches or damage to the coating before using them again. If there are any scratches, it is best to dispose of the pan and purchase a new one to avoid the risk of ingesting harmful chemicals.

4. Can I donate my old sheet pans?

Yes, many local charities and thrift stores accept donations of kitchen items, including sheet pans. Just make sure to thoroughly clean the pans before donating them.

5. What is the best way to clean old sheet pans?

The best way to clean old sheet pans is to use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub away any stuck-on food or stains. You can also use a paste of vinegar and salt for tougher stains. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as these can damage the pan's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmaraJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • SusanBP0129
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • chefsteph07