• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay All You Awesome Cheffers :), I Need Help

In summary, In order to plan a meal for 14 people, Jodi will need 10 Chicken Parmesan and 2 Manicotti dishes, a salad, and garlic bread.
kcjodih
Gold Member
planning a meal for 14 :eek: I have 10 coming for dinner in two weeks for a combo bday party for DS, DN, DFIL and DMIL. MY turn to host :eek: DS would like chicken parmigana and DMIL would like manicotti but I need enough to feed all and have enough variety but still have it flow, kwim?

So to start my menu I have:

- Chicken parm (I guess I'll need like 2 dozen of these?:eek:)
- Manicotti (at least 2 9x13 pans)
- Salad (half don't like caesar)
- Caesar Salad

What else? I'm okay with dessert and appetizers, it's all the rest that's FREAKIN' ME OUT!! Should I have another meat? Another pasta? Veggies, if so what flows with the above? Potatoes of some sort, but does that 'go' with manicotti?

What would you serve? HELP!!!!!:cry::cry:

You could do a nice spinach salad with a vinaigrette (raspberry is a great vinaigrette)You could do twice baked potatoes as well.. not only are they yummy, you can make them look really nice.

Fruit! That's always my stand by because kids usually like it and it is good for you.

Oh yes~ fruit would be good. grapes are so good right now ...( the green ones, ive gone through 3 bags this week bc they are my pregnancy craving.)

My MIL cooks for all 10 of us every weekend. She usually makes two 9x13 main dishes (two different kinds of main dishes usually), salad and bread. Sometimes she throws in baked potatoes or green bean casserole, mac and cheese or something like that.

What you have sounds like enough! The only thing I'd add is Garlic Bread. Are all of the people you're feeding adults?

I definatly agree on garlic bread. Maybe have two loafs though.. just in case.And maybe instead of adding more to dinner, you make a nice dessert?

So no potatoes or veggies? Or should I do as suggested and do a twice baked potato (which I've never done or eaten) and some veggie with the two salads?

Oh to answer questions, 12 are adults and 2 are my kids - 11yo DS and 13 DD. Of the 12 adults, two of the men are 20 (so big eaters). So 6 men, 6 women and my two kids.

And we'll be having bday cake and something else plus munchies while dinner's cookin'. I just didn't think that chicken parm and manicotti were enough to fill our plates (salad and bread will be on the table)

So you all think those two plus salads and bread really are enough?!?

Jodi,

Our teacher refreshment committee at my children's school just served 60 + teachers a "pasta bar" . We had different pastas and sauces, and we only served salad, bread, and desserts. We did not have a potato (too much starch). It was a huge hit, and on the survey, the teachers told us how great and filling it was. I think you'll have more than enough, especially since you have the chicken, too.

Good luck!

Since you're serving pasta as your main dish (I always picture spaghetti with chicken parm), I'd skip potato, too. Broccoli or green beans would probably be a welcome addition, and would add some bright green to the plates. And I'd do it simply - just a little butter, no need for a sauce.And it would be criminal to serve that meal without garlic bread. :)

What about getting a nice dipping bread and serve olive oil with fresh shredded parmesan cheese? Then you don't have to bake bread. I love dipping bread in olive oil with parmesan cheese. Grapes and a cheese tray could be good.

My husband would skip all fruit and veggies and my kids would eat the cheese, grapes, and bread. The ladies in the family would load up on the salads. I rarely serve garlic bread with pasta because it's too much starch, but I know it is quite normal to do so.

Mmmmm...dipped bread is so good!

I love it with salt, pepper, and grated parm over the oil!

I also love to make cheesy garlic bread, or regular garlic bread. Or just pick up nice fresh artisan bread from the bakery department at your grocery store. Other than that, I think a nice salad should do it. Sounds great what you have planned, I just love Italian food! :)

Jodi~

Here is a SUPER recipe for dipping herbs that tastes just like what you get at Carrabba's Italian Grill (not sure if you have them in Canada)

Use 1-2 teaspoons of the finished mix on a plate and drizzle with olive oil.

CARRABBA'S ITALIAN GRILL BREAD DIP MIX

1 T. crushed red pepper
1 T. black pepper
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried basil
1 T. dried parsley
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. Kosher salt or our new salt (NOT regular table salt!)
1 T. minced garlic

Grind together.

To use, put 1 tablespoon of mixture in a small bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil over and mix together. Dip warm sourdough French bread into the mixture.

NOTE: I put all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the fresh garlic into my food processor, grind them together, and then when I want to “use” it, I take 1 T. of the mix and mix it with 1-2 minced garlic cloves. I keep my premade dry mix in a glass jar in the frig.

I wouldn't do potatoes either.
What about a soup (tomato basil or minestrone) or a caprese salad (tomatoes. basil, fresh mozzarella drizzled with frsh lemon juice and a little garlic and olive oil)
we love bread with dipping oilLast night I made a yummy sauce
I grilled chicken and sliced it set it aside
heated olive oil in family skillet, added an onion chopped and fresh minced garlic when the onion was translucent I added 1/2 cup white wine let it reduce
Add 2 cups whipping cream, 1 wedge fresh shredded parmesan cooked until it was thick added 1 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon (cheated and used the bag of Hormel we use for potatoes) 1 cup frozen baby peas and 2 TBSPS of diced hot cherry peppersWe had the sauce on the pasta and put the sliced chicken on top

KellyTheChef said:
Jodi~

Here is a SUPER recipe for dipping herbs that tastes just like what you get at Carrabba's Italian Grill (not sure if you have them in Canada)

Use 1-2 teaspoons of the finished mix on a plate and drizzle with olive oil.

CARRABBA'S ITALIAN GRILL BREAD DIP MIX

1 T. crushed red pepper
1 T. black pepper
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried basil
1 T. dried parsley
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. Kosher salt or our new salt (NOT regular table salt!)
1 T. minced garlic

Grind together.

To use, put 1 tablespoon of mixture in a small bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil over and mix together. Dip warm sourdough French bread into the mixture.

NOTE: I put all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the fresh garlic into my food processor, grind them together, and then when I want to “use” it, I take 1 T. of the mix and mix it with 1-2 minced garlic cloves. I keep my premade dry mix in a glass jar in the frig.

Oh that sounds so good! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Kelly, that does sound good, right up to the point that I'd have to get out a food processor! I'm still going to save this recipe. Thanks.

chefann said:
Since you're serving pasta as your main dish (I always picture spaghetti with chicken parm), I'd skip potato, too. Broccoli or green beans would probably be a welcome addition, and would add some bright green to the plates. And I'd do it simply - just a little butter, no need for a sauce.

And it would be criminal to serve that meal without garlic bread. :)

I totally agree with Ann. We eat with our eyes first, so what you want is a good blend of textures and colors. You have 2 salads, a starch, and lots of protein...and you need something besides that, not more of that. When I make a Pasta dish, I always serve a green vegetable next to it...it just looks pretty on the plate!:D

I would serve fruit as a choice for dessert.

you could roast some veggies red pepper, carrots, yellow squash & zucchini, red onion

JAE said:
Kelly, that does sound good, right up to the point that I'd have to get out a food processor! I'm still going to save this recipe. Thanks.

LOL

I don't get mine out much either! You probably could do it without, but I like the consistancy of the herbs and especially the red pepper flakes AFTER it's been processed...then you aren't biting into a large piece of anything in particular.

That's another reason why I "premake" a lot of it at once and then just add the fresh garlic only when I am going to use it. That way, I can only get my processer out ONCE, but have lots of batches to use!

I have even used the mixture as a seasoning when cooking...very good!

KellyTheChef said:
LOL

I don't get mine out much either! You probably could do it without, but I like the consistancy of the herbs and especially the red pepper flakes AFTER it's been processed...then you aren't biting into a large piece of anything in particular.

That's another reason why I "premake" a lot of it at once and then just add the fresh garlic only when I am going to use it. That way, I can only get my processer out ONCE, but have lots of batches to use!

I have even used the mixture as a seasoning when cooking...very good!

I don't own a food processor! What I do have is one of those hand-held thingys that you can use right in the bowl.....it has a couple different attachments. When I was Cheffing, I used this all the time for making sauces and gravies and cream soups. No way would I have hauled a food processor around with me, but this is small and works beautifully for just about anything you would use a food processor for...and I can store it in a drawer. I use it now mostly for smoothies and cream soups. Oh - and I used it to make baby food too! Worked beautifully for that!

This is what I have - but mine is an older model.

http://www.braun.com/global/products/fooddrink/foodpreparation/handprocessors/freshsystem/start.html

I think some stir-fried or steamed green beans (sprinkle some parmesan over the top)... and some garlic bread is all you really need to round out the 2 pasta dishes and 2 salad choices. Fruit salad for dessert would be a nice alternative to the sweeter dessert.

1. How can I find new recipes to try with my Pampered Chef products?

One great resource for finding new recipes is our website, where you can browse through hundreds of recipes specifically created for Pampered Chef products. You can also join our online community or attend local cooking demonstrations to discover even more recipes and cooking tips.

2. I'm having trouble using a specific Pampered Chef product. Where can I find help?

We have a dedicated customer service team ready to assist you with any issues you may be having with your Pampered Chef products. You can contact them through our website or by calling our toll-free number.

3. How often should I replace my Pampered Chef products?

The lifespan of our products varies depending on the type of product and how often it is used. We recommend following the care instructions provided with each product and replacing them as needed. If you have any concerns about a specific product, please contact our customer service team.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party and earn free products?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to try out new products and recipes while earning free and discounted products. You can contact a local Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party and start earning rewards.

5. Are Pampered Chef products dishwasher safe?

Many of our products are dishwasher safe, but we recommend checking the care instructions for each specific product. Some products may be better suited for hand washing to prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nicki25
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara