• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No One Is Reading My Newsletter

In summary, I am bummed because I signed up for this cool new newsletter service that tells me who read my newsletter, who forwarded it on, who clicked on the links and who asked to be removed from the list. Anyway, out of the 95 people I sent it to, only 25 people opened it. That's only about 30%. Does anyone have any suggestions or words of advice?
linojackie
I am bummed because I signed up for this cool new newsletter service that tells me who read my newsletter, who forwarded it on, who clicked on the links and who asked to be removed from the list. Anyway, out of the 95 people I sent it to, only 25 people opened it. (And they guarantee it will make it to the inbox as opposed to the bulk or spam folder). That's only about 30%. Does anyone have any suggestions or words of advice? Maybe a catchier title?

Personally I think that 30% is a pretty good ratio.
How long ago did you send it? Sometimes people will hang-on to the newsletter for a few days before they get around to readling it.

Just keep doing what you're doing. I had the same issue, but I think now days people are signing up for so many newsletters (I guess I'm speaking for myself....:eek:) that they don't have time for them all. It will click with someone at some point, don't worry. That's why we need to focus on the personal contacts and not this type of communication. It's nice to keep people informed this way, but it definitely does not replace the one-on-one's on the phone and in person.

Something I would suggest (and I need to do this too) is to come up with a catchy title for your newsletter. Right now mine is "Pampered Chef NEWS - September". I need something else that will make people want to open and then read. Keep your newsletter short too. I know when I open a newsletter from anywhere, if it's long and wordy, I don't generally bother reading it all. I check the main titles and concentrate on those that interest me. My newsletter is aimed at sending them to my website if they want more info.

Don't be discouraged....it's still getting your name out there, even if people aren't opening it, they think of you! :)

pamperedlinda said:
Personally I think that 30% is a pretty good ratio.
How long ago did you send it? Sometimes people will hang-on to the newsletter for a few days before they get around to readling it.

LOL! That made me laugh, 'cause I'm sure I have newsletters that are months old........ :eek: :blushing: :p

PChefPEI said:
LOL! That made me laugh, 'cause I'm sure I have newsletters that are months old........ :eek: :blushing: :p

I know! I personally have 32 unopened emails right now - mostly newsletters, and they are quite old. I don't want to delete them because I do want to look at them....one day!

pamperedlinda said:
I know! I personally have 32 unopened emails right now - mostly newsletters, and they are quite old. I don't want to delete them because I do want to look at them....one day!

Yep, sounds like me, only I'm sure I have more than 32!! :eek:

I just signed up for a newsletter service and am nervous to use it. Does it really sound like me, is it really a recipe I would make, is the info the same info I would do...

I should just send it out already. Probably no one really cares that much. The layout and colors are better than anything I could ever make and it seems more professional. Now I just worry that it looks too professional that people won't think it's from little 'ol me.

30% is a good open ratio. Mine's usually around 15-22% for my customer newsletter.Keep in mind, too, that some email systems don't return open statistics to the tracking systems, so your open rate may be higher than what's reported. I use Constant Contact for my newsletter, which has a tracking service. AOL and Hotmail addresses don't always show up in the stats. It's discouraging, but all it takes is a couple of people to read it and place an order/book a show.

I have 814 unread emails in my box right now. However, I do also use ConstantContact.com. I LOVE that I can see who opened and who clicked on which link. It is really funny to see when someone opens the email 10 times!

I wish I could afford to do Constant contact, it would be great to get the stats of my newsletter. But I just had to pay for my website subscription now that my trial period is over.

Typical open rates are 15-20% so you are doing well. Remember that even if it seems like they're not reading, you ARE keeping your name in front of them at least once per month and they're not left wondering "is she still selling Pampered Chef?"

And I'm sure many, like me, have every intention of going back to read newsletters and scoping out specials, and never get around to it... but we save them nonetheless!!! Haven't you ever gotten someone replying to an old email of yours from months ago?? They DO save those old emails!

This is constantcontact and I love it! I was just sending an email out and it only went to SPAM folders. I think it's very affordable! Thanks, Janet, for the tip on the register. I was wondering that myself.

As far as new titles, Mine says "What's cookin with the Pampered Chef Sept '08". I was thinking something like "The Kitchen's on Fire!" but maybe that sounds more like SPAM?

I average around 30% open rate as well. I think it's normal :chef:

Wow! I Think that is a great return rate. I worked in the marketing industry and they say the best time to send your emails is Tuesday morning. That gives people time to clean up their mailboxes from the weekend. But still, I don't think your rate will get much better! The key is to keep building your contact list so that you are sending to more and more people. Eventually 30% (or 15 or 20) will equal a LOT of people. That is when your sales will be there. :) Just keep doing what you are doing.

I don't get a lot of responses from my newsletters, but it is true what Joy said...you are keeping your name if front of them. I recently did a show where one of the guests has been getting a newsletter from me for 2 years. I never had any idea she even looked at them but went on and on about how much she loved getting them and saved most of them for the recipes. (She also said how much she likes my "new" newsletter...thanks JOY!) So you just never know.

And each day that I check it, more and more are reading it. I'm up to 30 now!

Can us Canucks get a newsletter service that tells us who is opening what??

the last time I checked into one, it was not available here. That would be FABULOUS!!

I think 30% is a great rate. I typcially average about 25-27% via my newsletter. I use constant contact.

Here's the way I look at: my e-mail distribution list is around 600 people. I spend a little time doing a newsletter, I typically get at least 1 booking from it and about $200 in outlet sales. I work a full-time job in addition to PC. It's worth getting my name out there every month in front of my clients. They are going to think of me first for a referral or for an order. Be consistent, it will pay off.

Veevahchef said:
Can us Canucks get a newsletter service that tells us who is opening what??

the last time I checked into one, it was not available here. That would be FABULOUS!!

I used iContact for a while. Not anymore, but you can get stats on the newsletters you send. This site doesn't create the newsletter for you though.

ltkacz said:
I think 30% is a great rate. I typcially average about 25-27% via my newsletter. I use constant contact.

Here's the way I look at: my e-mail distribution list is around 600 people. I spend a little time doing a newsletter, I typically get at least 1 booking from it and about $200 in outlet sales. I work a full-time job in addition to PC. It's worth getting my name out there every month in front of my clients. They are going to think of me first for a referral or for an order. Be consistent, it will pay off.

Liz, I see that you have been doing PC for about as long as me. I'm curious as to how many shows you have done to have an email distribution list of 600!!! That's amazing! How did you get it so big? It's no wonder you get a booking and great outlet sales with your newsletter!! Nice work! :)

Jackie - I think you are doing good!

I have had 3 replies since I sent out my Newsletter on Wednesday. My first 'topic' was the Host Benefits and upcoming Host Specials. It grabbed people's attention.

I think people are JUST beginning to get back into their routines and for things to slow down a bit (well, as far as NOT going outside as much, perhaps).

I wish you luck! I think you are doing great with that percentage.

I'm trying a new thing with my newsletter. I have a Question of the Day - that I tell them on my website where the answer is. Also I am doing a Win a Prize - there is a question and they have to find the answer on my website to be put into the drawing. This will hopefully get more people to view my website. I just started using Customer Connection through the PC website to do email newsletters. I like it because it connects with our PP3 and I don't have to enter emails more than once. I don't like it because I don't know who viewed or not or any other stats like that. I am hoping that Tech Support would change that at some point.

I use Constant Contact and love to keep track of how many opens. You can also check to see who has NOT opened so you can contact them to see if they are getting them. I get a 30-40% open rate typically...sometimes a 55% or so. Having a catchy subject is important. I usually lead with the special or outlet stuff. 40% off scrapers or whatever. People like to know something is on sale. If you just put that it's your Sept newsletter, they don't have an urgency to open it. My "chillzanne being discontinued" got over 40% open rate. I want a "WHAT???" or and "oooohh...really" reaction :). Definitely stick with it. I have people mention to me all of the time that they get my newsletter and are sorry that they haven't contacted me. HUH? MOST don't...at least not often. I also have people ask to keep receiving it even though they aren't ordering. I respond to tell them of course they'll keep getting it. It's so they have the info so they can get what they want when they need it. Whether it's a sale, product, tips, info, whatever. THEN, they contact me with an order :).

So do you call customers a couple days after sending it to make sure they got it and if they need anything?

PChefPEI said:
Right now mine is "Pampered Chef NEWS - September". I need something else that will make people want to open and then read. Keep your newsletter short too.

mine is called: "Allison's Pampered Chef® eNewsletter"

and I kept mine short as well, I get about 5-10 orders each month and a few calls as well...

I don't know my ratio, but to have people call me, I think is the BEST

:sing:

I noticed that I got more opens this month, and I changed the name of mine to "Kitchen Inspirations"...However, I put links to my outlet on it which directed them to another consultants site, so I sent out an announcement that they needed to use my home page and navigate from there. Wouldn't ya know, more people opened the announcement than the actual newsletter and the title of the announcement was "The Pampered Chef Announcement re: Kitchen Inspirations newsletter"

1. Why are my newsletter open rates so low?

There could be several reasons for low open rates. It could be due to uninteresting subject lines, sending too many emails, or not targeting the right audience. It's important to regularly analyze your open rates and make adjustments to improve them.

2. How can I make my newsletter more engaging?

One way to make your newsletter more engaging is to include visually appealing graphics and images. You can also include interactive elements such as polls or quizzes. Additionally, make sure your content is relevant and valuable to your audience.

3. Should I be sending my newsletter more often?

It's important to find the right balance when it comes to sending newsletters. Sending too many emails can lead to people unsubscribing or marking your emails as spam. It's best to send newsletters on a consistent schedule, such as once a week or once every two weeks.

4. How can I increase my newsletter subscriber list?

You can increase your subscriber list by promoting your newsletter on your website and social media platforms. You can also offer incentives for people to sign up, such as a free e-book or discount code. Additionally, make sure your newsletter sign-up form is easy to find and fill out.

5. Is it important to track the success of my newsletter?

Yes, tracking the success of your newsletter is crucial in understanding what works and what doesn't. This includes analyzing open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. This data can help you make informed decisions and improve the effectiveness of your newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • Jewel
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Lindasalulu
  • cspies