• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Nuts Marshmallow Brownie Bars

In summary, Teresa's grandmother used to make a brownie with a chocolate cake bottom layer, mini marshmallows put on after it is baked and spread with choc. chips and rice krispies. Her mom can't find the recipe and her mom is having throat surgery tomorrow. Teresa would like to make some and feed them to her when she gets home. Becky thinks her grandmother's recipe sounds a lot like the one she has in college. There is one difference- Teresa's recipe does not use marshmallow creme.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Does anyone have a recipe for a brownie or bar that has a chocolate cake like bottom layer, middle layer is mini marshmallows put on after it is baked and spread with choc. chips and rice krispies. It does not contain nuts.....
Thanks
Teresa

That is an old Taste of Home recipe........I have it in a cookbook someplace but don't know which one.....I don't have time to look for it right this minute - I'll try to find it after my show tonight!

Thanks Becky,
My grandmother used to make it over 30 years ago & my mom can't find her recipe. My mom turns 82 Oct. 18 & tomorrow she is having throat surgery. I would like to make some and fed ex them to her when she gets home from the hospital.

This is my version--sounds close to what you're looking for! Hope your mom enjoys them! Chocolate Crunch Brownies 1 Cup Butter of Margarine (softened)
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
6 Tbs Cocoa
1 Cup Flour
2 tsp Vanilla
1/ 2 tsp Salt
1 7 oz jar Marshmallow Creme
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Cups (12 oz) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 Cups Rice Krispies In a mixing bowl cream:**butter, sugar, and eggs.**Stir in cocoa,
flour, vanilla, and salt.**Spread into greased 15x9x2” baking pan.**
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until brownies test done.**Cool.**
Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies. In a small sauce pan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over
low heat, stirring constantly.**Remove from heat , stir in cereal.**
Spread over marshmallow creme layer.**Chill before cutting.**Store
in refrigerator.**

Yummy. Sounds delicious!

straitfan said:
This is my version--sounds close to what you're looking for! Hope your mom enjoys them!

Chocolate Crunch Brownies

1 Cup Butter of Margarine (softened)
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
6 Tbs Cocoa
1 Cup Flour
2 tsp Vanilla
1/ 2 tsp Salt
1 7 oz jar Marshmallow Creme
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Cups (12 oz) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 Cups Rice Krispies

In a mixing bowl cream:**butter, sugar, and eggs.**Stir in cocoa,
flour, vanilla, and salt.**Spread into greased 15x9x2” baking pan.**
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until brownies test done.**Cool.**
Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.

In a small sauce pan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over
low heat, stirring constantly.**Remove from heat , stir in cereal.**
Spread over marshmallow creme layer.**Chill before cutting.**Store
in refrigerator.**

This is very close to my recipe......they only difference would be that instead of using marshmallow creme, mine uses mini marshmallows sprinkled on as soon as you take the brownie out of the oven, so that they melt on top of the brownie. Let that all cool and then spread the chocolate mixture over the top.

Becky,
How many marshmallows?

That recipe sounds a LOT like one I got in college for Salty Peanut Chews. They taste just like a PayDay bar. mmm... I think I'll have to dig that one out for the holidays.

I use one that uses a boxed brownie mix on the bottom.

1 package fudge brownie mix (9x13 size) plus ingredient for fudge-like brownies
1 package (10.5 ounces) mini marshmallows
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups rice krispies

Prepare brownies and pour in greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows and return to oven for 3 minutes (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on wire rack.
In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth; stir in cereal. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting.

Here is mine - it's called Mississippi Mud Cake and I have no idea why!
Bake a Duncan Hines Butter Fudge Cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan. Turn off oven when cake is done. Put Marshmallow Creme on top (like Hippo-lite - sp?). Wait 5 minutes and put cake back in oven long enough to melt marshmallow creme. Make icing while m.mellow creme melts.
Icing:
1 stick of butter
5 TBLS cocoa powder
7 TBLS milk
1 box powdered sugar (10x)
1/2 c pecans (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
Mix butter, cocoa & milk in sauce pan. Heat over low heat but DO NOT BOIL.
Remove from heat and add sugar, pecans if using, and vanilla. Mix well and spread/pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.

This is exactly what my mom wrote for me years ago. It has been a while since I made this, but it way yummy (and easy)!

Thanks!!

so far today I've made dinner, gingersnaps and angel food cake and a carrot cake!!
They just called she is out of surgery goiter was the size of a grapefruit. no wonder she always felt like she was being choked.

1. Can these brownie bars be made without nuts?

Yes, these brownie bars are specifically designed to be nut-free, making them a safe and delicious option for those with nut allergies or sensitivities.

2. What type of marshmallows are used in this recipe?

We recommend using regular-sized marshmallows, but you can also use mini marshmallows if you prefer.

3. Can these brownie bars be made ahead of time?

Yes, these brownie bars can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as milk, dark, or white chocolate. Just be sure to use the same amount as specified in the recipe.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings, but you can easily double the recipe if you need to make more for a larger group or event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom