• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No More Political Stuff - Please!!! Help Greg.

In summary, I think Andrea's idea of creating a separate forum for political discussions is a good one.
c00p
Gold Member
Greg - is it possible to group all of the political junk into another forum that you have to "subscribe" to if you want to post or view so that it's not there for the rest of to have to see??? Honestly, I'm tired of logging into CS and seeing more junk posted for either candidate. I realize that this forum isn't limited to PC things, but that's what the main purpose of CS is supposed to be for - unless I am mistaken.

I subscribe to this forum to get ideas, files, help with my experiences, ask PC related questions....and the occasional prayer request. I guess I just hear and see enough of the political junk on tv, radio and everywhere else I turn. I am here for business and maybe a little personal - but NOT political.

Ok, stepping off soap box now.

I agree... Ive kinda been avoiding this forum recently because of this

Well put Andrea

Best idea I've heard all week.

1. We should not have to "subscribe" to talk politics.
2. All forums are having this issue - it is an election year. A forum is a group of people with something in common...here it is PC, elsewhere it is ham radio, or SAHMs or scrapbookers, or whatever. Each talk about politics and other aspects of life. IMO if you want just PC items, log into Consultant's Corner. I truly believe talking about life helps us overall...and sorry politics is VERY RELEVANT to my PC business!I respect your opinion but disagree.I have backed off of CS A TON because of the viewpoints, but not because of the recent stuff JAE posted, because of attacks from the other side and people not being able to discuss facts.

Without being too "offensive" Janet, you have always been the one that I have noticed that starts on the politics.

I pay to use this site, and I dont pay to have politics thrown in my face.

There are forums and message boards and all sorts of avenues for discussing politics, I just dont believe this should be one of them.

JTNT8704 said:
Without being too "offensive" Janet, you have always been the one that I have noticed that starts on the politics.I pay to use this site, and I dont pay to have politics thrown in my face.There are forums and message boards and all sorts of avenues for discussing politics, I just dont believe this should be one of them.
No, I have. I have not spoken up on politics EVER in my life. However, if you look at my history ON ALL TOPICS on CS. I cannot stand to see untruth in any topic. So, I have a right to speak up on a topic. If you looked at my post count compared to the last 2 years, I am probably down about 75% right now.No one is "THROWING POLITICS" in anyone's face. You can CHOOSE to read the topics or choose to skip the thread. If you have watched the ENTIRE history the threads I started were in response to a blatant attack from those of opposing viewpoints. The main instigator has stopped posting politically and stuck to her business which is good but the effects remain and have gotten twisted. I can probably guess what political side you are on just from your words. But if I explained that you wouldn't understand...that I know. (ETA - that is something PERSONAL not INTELLECTUAL - I'm not expecting you to UNDERSTAND ME).

Last edited:
I wouldnt understand?? So now you are going to personally attack my intelligence? You dont know a thing about me. How dare you.

JTNT8704 said:
I wouldnt understand?? So now you are going to personally attack my intelligence? You dont know a thing about me. How dare you.

WHOA Betsy...that is not an attack on intelligence. I was noticing something that relates to what I believe spiritually. I believe if I had shared THAT then you may not get it and may be more offended. There are times where the Bible is relevant and times when you feel that it isn't to someone if they MAY NOT be of similar faith.

But instead you assumed I was talking about intelligence and got all worked up.

I refrained BECAUSE I didn't know you...that was RESTRAINT!

I come to CS for ideas for my business, not political issues. If I wanted to view political issues I'd subscribe to another forum or listen to the news. Consultant's Corner gives our business a boost, information, and stats. Consultants come to CS to learn from other consultant's what has work and what hasn't worked and use the information to grow their business. I agree everyone has their own opinions that some people are not going to agree with. JAE posted an opinion, JAE is not a candidate for debate. Move on people.

Enough already......

noelskitchen said:
I come to CS for ideas for my business, not political issues. If I wanted to view political issues I'd subscribe to another forum or listen to the news. Consultant's Corner gives our business a boost, information, and stats. Consultants come to CS to learn from other consultant's what has work and what hasn't worked and use the information to grow their business. I agree everyone has their own opinions that some people are not going to agree with. JAE posted an opinion, JAE is not a candidate for debate. Move on people.

Exactly what I wanted to say, I couldnt agree more.

Nanisu said:
Enough already......

I agree, I'm going to go do productive work, because once again, we have proven that NO ONE can state an opposing opinion on ANY topic without because blasted for it.

Someone wanted no politics, I stated some points why it was valid and now people are getting their undies in a bundle again.

Words and the internet DO NOT CONVEY MEANING PROPERLY.

So, moving on to the portion of life that is productive, non-biased and hopefully non-emotional...

...now where are those conveyors...

JTNT8704 said:
Exactly what I wanted to say, I couldnt agree more.

We are the USA and than some. Consultants on not on debate and remember people, the body actions and voice is not seen in e-mail so remember not to take things personally. We've all learned from each other on here.

The point is.... Yes this is a Consultant forum. We are also adults with opinions on topics other than PC. If when you log in you hit "New posts" or "today's posts" do not open any topics that look political. I admit when I opened the forum this AM I was surprised to see a few of the topics (No I will not be opening them unless it is for a laugh or for my fix of "reality" programing) It is my choice to only read what interests me. I understand some day's as today it is a bit shocking to see some of the titles but it's better than some public boards!

So back to biz! How many shows will you book today? I am going to make calls and have a goal of booking 4 shows!

etteluap70PC said:
The point is.... Yes this is a Consultant forum. We are also adults with opinions on topics other than PC. If when you log in you hit "New posts" or "today's posts" do not open any topics that look political. I admit when I opened the forum this AM I was surprised to see a few of the topics (No I will not be opening them unless it is for a laugh or for my fix of "reality" programing) It is my choice to only read what interests me. I understand some day's as today it is a bit shocking to see some of the titles but it's better than some public boards!

So back to biz! How many shows will you book today? I am going to make calls and have a goal of booking 4 shows!

I agree! Open what you want to look at. There are lots of posts that are bus. related that I still don't open.

I generally stay away from the political threads (no big deal that they are there. I just don't feel the need to read them)...my only problem with them is that it feels like many of our members are staying away or not posting as frequently on PC RELATED ITEMS.

I notice that so many threads on PC get fewer responses than I would expect - and I notice some whose opinions on PC topics I look for, aren't around or aren't posting.

I am here mainly for help on PC topics and when responses are few or none, it isn't much help.

For example, when the new recipes came out in Oct, I would have expected a bunch of opinions/threads on these, and I think there was just a little bit of a discussion. (Unless I missed them? :))

Just my 2 cents.

I personally agree that if you don't want to talk politics don't read the posts and move on. It is not that hard to get around them.

I believe many of the directors have moved on to the DS.

I try to post here on business as much help as I can provide. This time of year the posts are going to be a lot less due to it being the busiest time for our business:)! I have 9 shows for November. I probably won't be on here at all next month!

I agree.. if you don't want to read it.. it is your right to bypass it. We are not on prime time in front of the little ones.. we are all adults. So I don't understand wanting to block others from talking. I just feel we need to respect the opinion of others and not attack. If someone is on a post about say Obama promoting abortions.. maybe if you are pro choice.. you should get your own thread and not attack others that are trying to get to the bottom of an issue. I would not visit a site that was pro-choice. That is my choice.. it is simple. Just remember.. the election will be over in a few weeks.. the election will be over in a few weeks.. But don't control others and the site that is made for this.. just resist opening the strand. Could it be that you can't resist looking at the political strands.. so you want it stopped?? Just curious.

pampchefrhondab said:
I believe many of the directors have moved on to the DS.

***sigh***

Last edited:
I also dislike the prevalence of political threads on the site, but am more dismayed by the blatantly inflammatory subject lines that are being used. Political discussion, fine. I may read it, I may not...same with posting. But seeing the line "Obama wants to make abortions legal and the taxpayers pay for it" (paraphrased) at 7am is not to entice intelligent discussion but to inflame feelings.Robin

I'm guilty but not repentant. Please read this knowing I'm not being snotty.

The election will be over soon, and I, for one, will stop posting so often about political things. But I have to say, what is missing are the "silly" threads. The political threads are in their place. (Yes, some people think the political threads are silly, but you know what I mean.) Those silly threads drove me nuts, and I ignored them and still ignore them when they occasionally pop up. There are a few "Chef's Lounge" threads that I always ignore.

I'm not going to apologize for my part in the extra political threads because it's the best way for me to get information out about what I believe to be truth. I can send e-mails to my friends, but for the most part they already know what I know. I know there are people undecided who will read the threads, and the political threads will get people thinking.

This election will dramatically affect our PC businesses and our lives in so many ways. And, as said before, you may ignore any and every thread you want to ignore. Again, I do promise to stop posting so often about politics as soon as the election is over.

Didn't we just have this conversation in another thread a few weeks ago? I could be wrong but I think we did.

This is still a FREE country the last time I checked. The threads do not bother me. If I do not want to read them, I don't. It's not hard to ignore a one line header IMHO.

I with Jennifer and the others that say if you don't want to read a thread don't read it! How hard is that?

Next, will it be stop asking for prayer requests???

I'm sure not everyone who is here believes in the power of prayer, so if a thread is a prayer request they probably don't read it.

So if the thread subject is political then don't read it.

TammyStar said:

I'm sure not everyone who is here believes in the power of prayer, so if a thread is a prayer request they probably don't read it.

So if the thread subject is political then don't read it.

Now that is a GREAT point Tammy!!!

I agree. . . avoid the threads that you don't want to read. This whole issue will be gone in a couple of weeks, and won't be back for years.

I get so much information on this forum and the OT threads (ones of my choosing) are there if I feel in the mood.

TammyStar said:

We did get a subforum for requests b/c people complained about having to see them so much.

Wow I haven't been on in a few days but it seems there is a lot of tension.
I personally feel that this is a free country and that someone's opinion is free speech which should not be censored even on CS, unless of course the comments are deragatory or insulting. I can't believe Janet is being told that she is starting most of the political threads, and that is a bad thing. We're all grown ups and can have adult conversations without getting angry and calling names, right?
Well anyway I take more offense to the junk that is started up on other topics on here not related to PC, but I don't hear any complaints about that. Why? Because you have probably posted on those threads or ignored them. I just IGNORE it. It's very easy not to click on threads, I do it all the time.
I really don't see why everyone is bent out of shape about these political opinions. I really am not going to change my mind, I am dead set on who I am voting for and why. Like many of you. But discussing things shouldn't be a problem. I am very open minded to what others are saying and why they are voting the other way. I have been attacked for stating my opinions and derogatory comments have been made about me but "sticks and stones...". If you are too emotional and angry to post, then please don't. But don't expect everyone to do exactly what you want, or start calling Greg. I'm sure he has more important things to do. He doesn't want to have to check in everyday to make sure everyone is playing nice. He isn't our dad, he wants us to have healthy conversations on various topics and still remain friends. It's possible.

Debbie :D

TammyStar said:
I with Jennifer and the others that say if you don't want to read a thread don't read it! How hard is that?

Totally agree!! I haven't taken part for good reasons. I haven't wasted my time, but for a short time reading it. I come here for business building ideas and helping others. I don't want to waste my time pointing out others' stupidity and inaccuracies in facts vs. opinions. We hear enough of that on CBS. Read and talk if you want;or ignore and work on your business.

I just recruited number 3 this week at a show. Who's joining me for National Conference as a director?

Hmmm... and we think kids are mean to eachother....:(

Don't you think as adults we should be behaving a little better than we are here on CS?:confused:

Come on people!

If you don't like politcal threads....DON'T READ THEM...Don't believe in prayer...DON'T READ THE PRAYER REQUESTS....I do NOT understand how this is so hard for everyone, that it has gotten to such a point where people are in an uproar about it!

Do I read the political threads?? No. I come here to get files and learn things I did not know to help boost my business. But that does not mean because I don't want to read them, that I need to complain about the threads being there.

Just ignore them and move on. You are wasting MORE of your time complaining about the political threads being there, than if you would have just ignored them and gone about building your business.

Related to No More Political Stuff - Please!!! Help Greg.

1. Why is there so much political content on the forum?

The forum is open to all types of discussions, including political ones. It is not limited to PC-related topics only.

2. Can the political content be grouped into a separate forum?

Unfortunately, no. The forum is already divided into different categories and creating a separate one specifically for political content would be too restrictive for users.

3. Is it possible to subscribe to a forum dedicated to political discussions?

No, the forum does not offer a separate subscription for political content. However, you can choose to ignore or not participate in political discussions if they do not interest you.

4. Can I request for the forum to only have PC-related content?

While we appreciate your feedback, the forum is open to all types of discussions and is not limited to PC-related topics only. Users are encouraged to use the appropriate category for their posts.

5. How can I avoid seeing political content on the forum?

You can choose to ignore or not participate in political discussions by not clicking on them or following the appropriate category. You can also use the forum's filtering options to customize your view.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • baychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies