• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Cook Recipes for My Bowling Alley Show: Ideas Needed!

In summary, Leah Mae suggests a Seven Layer Salad with bacon, onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower, and mayonnaise dressing. She also suggests a Tuxedo Brownie, and recommends letting customers make them using an electric assist device.
pcchris
Silver Member
I have a chance to have a show at a bowling alley, but I need a recipe that doesn;t need to be cooked there. Besides the Colossal Chopped Salad and the Taffy Apple Pizza, eveything I've ever done has to cook. What are your suggestions? TIA for your help!

What about a trifle with a frozen pound cake? No cook and they feed a fair amount of people!

BLT Ranch Salad Pizza

Just cook the bacon and the crust ahead of time!!

7 Layer Salad in the trifle bowl

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

Tirimisu Brownie Trifle

7 Layer Salad Squares (bake crust ahead of time)

Mandarin Chicken Salad

Okay, so I'm a MAJOR dork, and have never made a 7 layer salad before...are they easy? What is in them? I know I could open a cookbook, but I'm lazy, and this is much easier! LOL!!!! Thanks for all of your ideas so far!

pcchris said:
Okay, so I'm a MAJOR dork, and have never made a 7 layer salad before...are they easy? What is in them? I know I could open a cookbook, but I'm lazy, and this is much easier! LOL!!!! Thanks for all of your ideas so far!
They are soooooooo easy! If you are taking it somewhere, assemble it at home, then pour on the dressing once you arrive!

I did this one, but didn't have all of the ingredients for the "layers" so I used this:
iceburg lettuce (slice your own or buy the bag of shredded lettuce!)
red pepper diced
peas
red onion diced
quartered hard boiled eggs
crumbled up crisp bacon (use the REAL THING here...)

Oh, and the recipe for the dressing calls for Parm cheese and I forgot to put it in there...still tasted great! I also added about 2 T. white vinegar, since I like "tangy" dressing!

I have made it like above about 4 times and NEVER have any leftovers!

Seven Layer Salad
Submitted by: Leah Mae
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 150 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes
Yields: 12 servings

"A glass salad bowl is a must, otherwise your diner guests will miss all the pretty layers. Those layers begin with chopped lettuce and go on from there - onion, peas, shredded cheese, bacon, cauliflower, and finally a creamy parmesan and mayonnaise dressing."
INGREDIENTS:
1 pound bacon
1 large head iceberg lettuce -
rinsed, dried, and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen
green peas, thawed
10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white sugar
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
2. In a large flat bowl, place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower and bacon.
3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and refrigerate until chilled.

BTW, you don't "toss" this salad! Use our large tongs or the chef's tongs and scoop all the way down to the bottom when serving so you get a little of every layer!

Also- when layering, alternate colors so you don't have a bunch of all green ingredients together...green lettuce, red pepper, green peas, etc...alternate them!

Tuxedo brownies are yummy and not messy at all - you can just serve them with napkins. They are my current favorite to sell. I like to let them use the EAD to help me make them, and I usually sell at least 1 of those.

Related to No-Cook Recipes for My Bowling Alley Show: Ideas Needed!

1. Can you suggest some no-cook recipes that are easy to prepare for my bowling alley show?

Yes, here are five delicious and simple no-cook recipes that you can make for your bowling alley show:

• Caprese Salad Skewers: Thread cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and fresh basil leaves onto skewers for a refreshing and colorful appetizer.
  • Tuna Salad Wraps: Mix canned tuna with mayo, chopped celery, and dried cranberries. Spread onto tortillas, top with lettuce, and roll up for a quick and tasty lunch option.
  • Greek Yogurt Parfait: Layer Greek yogurt, granola, and fresh berries in a cup for a healthy and satisfying snack.
  • Cucumber Avocado Salsa: Combine diced cucumber, avocado, red onion, and cilantro with lime juice for a delicious dip to serve with tortilla chips.
  • Fruit and Cheese Platter: Arrange a variety of sliced fruits and cheeses on a platter for a simple and elegant snack option.

2. Can I make these no-cook recipes ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely prepare these recipes ahead of time. However, we recommend assembling the skewers and wraps just before serving to ensure they stay fresh and don't become soggy. The parfait and salsa can be made a few hours in advance and stored in the fridge. The fruit and cheese platter can also be prepared ahead of time, just cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have any no-cook recipes that are vegan or gluten-free?

Yes, we have a few options that are suitable for vegan or gluten-free diets. The Cucumber Avocado Salsa is both vegan and gluten-free. You can also make a vegan and gluten-free version of the Tuna Salad Wraps by using mashed chickpeas instead of tuna and gluten-free tortillas. For a sweet treat, try making a fruit platter with a variety of fresh fruits.

4. Can I add my own twist to these no-cook recipes?

Absolutely! These recipes are meant to be customizable and adaptable to your personal taste preferences. You can swap out ingredients, add additional toppings or seasonings, or even combine multiple recipes together to create your own unique dish.

5. Are there any tools or equipment I need to make these recipes?

For the recipes mentioned above, you won't need any special kitchen tools or equipment. However, you may need a cutting board, knife, and skewers for the Caprese Salad Skewers. The Cucumber Avocado Salsa can be easily prepared with just a mixing bowl and spoon. For the Tuna Salad Wraps, you may want to use a food processor to mash the chickpeas, but it's not necessary. The Greek Yogurt Parfait and Fruit and Cheese Platter can be made with just a bowl and spoon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Lisa/ChefBear