• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Spring Products: Predictions for Upcoming Leadership Conference

In summary, the conversation is about the upcoming Leadership event and the potential new spring products that might be added to the catalog. The participants share their predictions and wish list items, including items for outdoor entertaining, plastic tumblers, a picnic basket with pockets for plates and flatware, and potential new additions to the Simple Additions line. One participant mentions receiving a potential product survey and hints at one of the items being highly requested by customers. The conversation also includes some playful banter and excitement about the upcoming product reveals.
chefann
Gold Member
Since we're less than 3 weeks from Leadership, I thought I'd start this thread. Post your ideas here of what you think will be new spring products. Not necessarily a wish list, but what you realistically think will be added to the catalog. Remember, too, that it's the SPRING catalog - it's unlikely that there will be items related to soup and comfort foods, but very likely that there will be things for outdoor entertaining.

I'm always amazed at what HO adds. Just when I think we've got everything covered, they introduce something new.

My picks:
KEEP the cranberry and white striped towels. Why else would the tablecloth and apron be a January incentive?
plastic tumblers to match the outdoor party plates and cutlery
Woven Selections picnic basket
some new Chillzanne piece, even if it's just the bowl from the sectional server available separately
HWC: host-only SA vase or serving piece

Cookbook Stand
Spice Rack

These are the two items that would make sense to add.

I am exited to see what they are going to add, cannot wait!

I know it's not supposed to be a wish list - but what if that Woven Picnic Basket had special pockets for the outdoor party plates and flatware?
Now that the SA is being shown and promoted not just as serving pieces, but also as dinnerware - S&P shakers, Butter Dish, Sugar & Creamer......makes sense with the Bridal Registry, and coming into the big Bridal Season...And I'm excited because I earned all of the levels!!! And $$ in December - so if there is anything I want more of, I won't have to spend cash! Whoo Hooo!!!Quick - someone get me away from the exclamation point key!!!!!!

Yeah- someone take Becky's !/1 key off her keyboard!

Really, though, Becky, I was actually picturing a liner or elastics in a picnic basket to hold plates and flatware. That's just scary that you thought the same thing.

I do have a very slight advantage on 1 product - I was one of the consultants who received a potential product survey several months ago. It included pics of one of the items I mentioned - we'll see if it ends up in the catalog. ;)

Wish list-type items:
SA teapot or tea-for-one set
SA accessories (sugar bowl, creamer, S&P shakers, gravy boat)
SS teakettle
pot rack/spice rack/cookbook holder
Woven Selections medium square bowl - the piece that was a consultant incentive a couple of years ago. That piece is the PERFECT size for napkins!
Seasoning gift set
Tea/coffee/cocoa

chefann said:

Really, though, Becky, I was actually picturing a liner or elastics in a picnic basket to hold plates and flatware. That's just scary that you thought the same thing.

I do have a very slight advantage on 1 product - I was one of the consultants who received a potential product survey several months ago. It included pics of one of the items I mentioned - we'll see if it ends up in the catalog. ;)

Wish list-type items:
SS teakettle
Woven Selections medium square bowl - the piece that was a consultant incentive a couple of years ago. That piece is the PERFECT size for napkins!
Seasoning gift set
Tea/coffee/cocoa

I got the same survey. One of the products has been something customer have been asking for so I hope they include it!

chefann said:

Wish list-type items:
SS teakettle
Seasoning gift set
Tea/coffee/cocoa

Not scary at all - just proves that adage - "great minds think alike" or maybe we can just say that we're smarter than the average bear.:D (get it - Yogi...picnic baskets.....okay, it's a stretch.:balloon: )

And I want that woven medium basket so badly. That was offered the year I had just had Micah, so couldn't go to conference....

Well... they did mention something "green" a while back.... I have been wondering what that might be.

I signed up right after that conference.

I think we will get:
Small Santuko
New additions to the Dots
A new cookware piece open stock
Other than that I am baffled!

I like the vase for HWC, something even classier.I wish we had a "lettuce knife" not just a pink one this upcoming season. That would be a nice spring add-on.I didn't earn the free product in November, but I earned my heart dish last night and am saving money for spring samples. :)I think the picnic basket and outdoor stuff would be great...maybe calmer colors...the khaki will blend well...Tea kettle has still been high on the wishlist.I think maybe they'll add more to the cookware since the professional is going away.

Oh, that's right, Colleen! I forgot about the green item from Sell a Thon!

(uh-oh. Looks like someone has to take my !/1 key, too.)

hmmm.... green would work for cups to match the plates/flatware.

I'll take whatever they come out with, but I NEED a can strainer to fit larger cans, especially tuna:eek:

For the can strainer to fit tuna, you turn it over and press in.We NEED a steamer basket for cookware available open stock.

i'm talking about the large cans of tuna

The old masher works great for that.

Actually, so does the small colander from the colander/bowl set.

I would like to see a wood block for the knives! So many of my customers tell me that they would buy the knives if they had a nice bock to put them in.

Boomerjojo said:
I would like to see a wood block for the knives! So many of my customers tell me that they would buy the knives if they had a nice bock to put them in.

PC used to, still have mine, still use it...that is a common request and on almost every product thread...

I am personally now leaning toward a carrying case for them...or both even!

6 Qt. Exec. stock pot

I saw the woven selection for the bowls at my directors house and I love it - I wish that would come out for us to buy

I wish they would bring out a lid for the Salad/Berry Spinner. They people who ordered the spinner from me ask if there is a lid that fits it and I say I don't think so.

~

Cookbook holder
Mix & Masher and Mix & Chop on different pages!

It's so hard to think of stuff because we already offer so much awesome product! You are not going to be able to disable our !!/11 key. You know how excited we get over this stuff, girl!!

I think it will be Green scrapers and matching towels. They are always changing the colors on the scrapers. :p

Sorry to hijack but that reminded me of an incident. My recruit recently cut herself with a kitchen knife and had to go to the doctor because it had gotten infected within hours. The first thing the doctor asked her was if her knives were kept in a block. When she told him yes, he said that the blocks harbor all kinds of bacteria and this was a common occurence.

I have a rack instead. It's wooden and stands alone but the bottom isn't closed in. The knives hang in slots. Makes me scared of blocks now. :eek:

RebelChef said:
Sorry to hijack but that reminded me of an incident. My recruit recently cut herself with a kitchen knife and had to go to the doctor because it had gotten infected within hours. The first thing the doctor asked her was if her knives were kept in a block. When she told him yes, he said that the blocks harbor all kinds of bacteria and this was a common occurence.

I have a rack instead. It's wooden and stands alone but the bottom isn't closed in. The knives hang in slots. Makes me scared of blocks now. :eek:
Eeww, that's gross. I use the old PC block and knives all the time.

I'm thinking the scrapers will be green, and/or another green knife will be added.
Hoping for a serving spoon for the trifle bowl.
Do they ever add stones in the spring? I'm looking forward to a rectangle stone with handles.
Also, I'd just like a boat load of new recipes specifically developed for great demos: easy, fast, but using a lot of (high priced) tools. I would like to use the citrus press, microplane grater, ultimate mandolin, chef's/santoku knife, cutting board, pastry mat and a stone all for one great recipe with normal ingredients. Add to that an even simpler recipe (five ingredients or less and no baking) to make while that one is cooking. I don't want much!

wadesgirl said:
I got the same survey. One of the products has been something customer have been asking for so I hope they include it!

I was one of the chosen too as well but I can't remmeber what I got so excited about! LOL!!!

I just want some new SA...I am tired of multi colored scrapers.
I LOVE the blue plastic cups from a few years ago so cups would be great!

I would like to see:
*the medium woven...i think it'd sell like hot-cakes
*outdoor party plates in better colors...ditto utensils
*a well-thought-out knife holding system
*more open stock cookware
*outdoor serving tray
* SA completer set - like s&p, etc
*SA medium squares in clear glass
*lettuce knife
*rect stone w/handles
*butter bell
*garlic storage
*SA kitchen cannisters ( flour sugar etc)
* brushed stainess TTA
* serving spoon for Trifle Bowl
* woven tray to hold the Lg Bar Pan...with fold-down legs so it could double as a bed-tray - maybe it could even fit the double burner griddle!
* a better FR program

Last edited:
Ooh, Carolyn! You've put some thought into that list!I keep asking for a butter bell, too. But a Woven Selections tray that doubles as a bed tray is GENIUS!

chefann said:
Ooh, Carolyn! You've put some thought into that list!

I keep asking for a butter bell, too. But a Woven Selections tray that doubles as a bed tray is GENIUS!

That is a good one!

And, do you remember at Conference, when they came out to do the new product announcements, and everyone saw the brushed SS kitchen canisters on the kitchen counter, and went wild.....and then they were just props.....I keep thinking it would be nice if they showed up for the S/S catalog!

I would like a woven that holds the large bar pan. I made warm nutty caramel brownies for my hubby's work and wished that I had something nice to put under the bar pan. I didn't want to send a platter for fear that it would come home broken.

I think that the new color could be blue. My MIL told me that is "the color" for 2008. The "green item" could be another color coated knife. I think they are trying to throw us off. They just had green (microfibers, dots towels, scraper, etc).

I'm so excited about Leadership!! Soon we won't be guessing!

pamperedposey said:
I'm so excited about Leadership!! Soon we won't be guessing!

Ok - once again, I won't be able to make it to Leadership - this is such a hard time of year for us...
anyway - who's going to call me!?!?!?!?!!?

Here's a color sheet with the trendy colors for spring.

Attachments

• spring_summer_colors_2008.pdf
    157.6 KB · Views: 494
I'll call you!! You deserve to know with the rest of us. I'm so sorry that you won't be able to make it. :(

We tell our teams that if they call us with good news about their business (show booked, recruit lead, etc) we will give them a little info. You can still do that with your team and they will wonder how you got the inside scoop!

chefann said:
Here's a color sheet with the trendy colors for spring.

Um, not so crazy about those blues. Who new they would have 2 different colors of black "in" this year. :eek: How funny!

Carolyn, I still have your number in my cell phone from last year. I'll try to give you a call, too.

chefann said:
Carolyn, I still have your number in my cell phone from last year. I'll try to give you a call, too.

Thanks Ann! I just PM'd it to Cindy as well...and I am pretty sure Beth still has it in her cell phone...

For all of the items everyone is really hoping for, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE log onto Consultant's Corner and under HO e-mails, list them in the product suggestions link! HO DOES LISTEN! But they will never know what we want unless we tell them!

HO doesn't have ESP! We need to tell them! These are all AWESOME ideas!!! Tell them!!!! :D :D :D

And write them on the suggestion roll in the product preview room at Leadership or Conference!

erinyourpclady said:
I was one of the chosen too as well but I can't remember what I got so excited about! LOL!!!

Erin,

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was a LONG time ago. I don't have a clue what I looked at or liked.

I was also chosen to do the survey but I was out of town and when I checked my email at my moms house and went to take the survey they said it was closed:cry:

chefjeanine said:
Erin,

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was a LONG time ago. I don't have a clue what I looked at or liked.

LOL!! I remember that I was SO excited about one thing for sure! But what it was I so cannot remember!

On the knife block suggestion, one of the biggest reasons knives blocks aren't good for your knives is when you pull them in and out, if they scrape the block it can dull and damage your blades. Not good for your knives.

My sister asked about the shealths that come with our knives now, being a nurse, she asked what would happen if she did a culture on the shealths after using them for a while. I pointed out to her that they can come apart and are dishwasher safe (as far as I know!). She was glad to hear that. You cannot put a regular knife block in the dishwasher! I like the idea of some sort of case or stand but not a block.

I posted earlier, but I just thought of this. I would love for them to bring the wrought iron stands back. I don't want them to take away the SS just add a wrought iron line. I think we should be offering both. SS is not for everyone's kitchen.

Oh and I took the survey. There were lots of WS pieces in the one I took. Some of them looked rather odd and not quite hitting our target audience, but maybe that is their goal (to branch out into new markets). Some of it looked too SL or TOHE. I am very anxious to see what they'll be unveiling next! They always surprise me!

Hmmm... those weren't the pieces in the survey I took. The one I took had a bunch of things that were already in the catalog. And one particular (set of) item that coordinated with the outdoor party plates and cutlery. (Think of the shape of the plates and what they can hold.)Branching out into new markets is OK, but I'd hate to lose the kitchenwares focus and become mostly entertaining products.

Ooh, some of the things I saw in the survey are starting to come back to me! Somehow you have sparked my memory (it's really not good). I don't remember seeing wovens, but I know what Ann is talking about...very cute! I hope to see those come out in the Spring. I bet they will.

Hmmmm, my survery didn't have either of those things!

When we add we always take away. I can't help but think about the things that will disappear.

lockhartkitchen said:
When we add we always take away. I can't help but think about the things that will disappear.

Last season I lost sleep fearing they would retire the Cheese Grater (I sell them like crazy)...I can't start thinking now about what they're retiring in a few months...or I'll stop sleeping again - LOL

That's hilarious about the two "blacks" forecasted for spring? Really...is there much of a difference between black and black? LOL

For products...I am desparately wanting simple additions lids!!! Specifically for the small and medium bowls...because I frequently created dips and such in them and would love to store the leftovers easily. I've requested this the past three NCs and no results :( Hopefully we'll have better luck this time.

Can't wait to find out the new stuff!

I was glad last season to see that they didn't really get rid of much, just upgraded alot! I, too, am wondering what they are going to retire. I don't want to see the cheese grater go, it was one of the first PC products I have ever owned and now I have 3!

Oh some good ideas. I like the lids for the SA idea, those would be great;)

My list:

Teapot
Kettle
pot holders (please bring them back)
dish cloths
SA in round plain white
covered cake stand
open stock cookware

An Executive Roasting Pan is a shoe-in being the current one is Professional.
I have wanted a WS to fit the large bar pan forever and I'd love one for the medium square. My director has the one from conference a few years back and I just love it. In the fall, I predicted the can opener would be black and that did not happen - I'm predicting that again! Other than that, I don't know, I am curious as to what the new "green" item will be....maybe a scraper?

<h2>1. What are some realistic predictions for new spring products at the upcoming Leadership Conference?</h2><p>Some possible new spring products could include a woven picnic basket, plastic tumblers to match the outdoor party plates and cutlery, and a new Chillzanne piece such as a sectional server bowl. There may also be a host-only SA vase or serving piece as part of the HWC incentives.</p><h2>2. Will the cranberry and white striped towels be kept in the spring catalog?</h2><p>It is possible that the cranberry and white striped towels will be kept in the spring catalog, as they were part of the January incentive. However, we won't know for sure until the Leadership Conference.</p><h2>3. Is it likely that there will be items for outdoor entertaining in the spring catalog?</h2><p>Yes, it is very likely that there will be items for outdoor entertaining in the spring catalog. Pampered Chef often introduces new products for seasonal entertaining, and with the warmer weather approaching, it is a perfect time to add items for outdoor parties and gatherings.</p><h2>4. What is the purpose of the HWC (Host-Only SA) vase or serving piece?</h2><p>The HWC (Host-Only SA) vase or serving piece is a special item that is only available to hosts who hold a qualifying party. It is a way for Pampered Chef to thank hosts for their support and to provide them with exclusive products that are not available for purchase.</p><h2>5. Is the new product selection at Leadership Conference always a surprise?</h2><p>Yes, the new product selection at Leadership Conference is always kept a surprise until the event. This adds to the excitement and anticipation for consultants and customers, and allows for a big reveal at the conference. Stay tuned for the exciting new products that will be revealed at the upcoming Leadership Conference!</p>

1. What are some realistic predictions for new spring products at the upcoming Leadership Conference?

Some possible new spring products could include a woven picnic basket, plastic tumblers to match the outdoor party plates and cutlery, and a new Chillzanne piece such as a sectional server bowl. There may also be a host-only SA vase or serving piece as part of the HWC incentives.

2. Will the cranberry and white striped towels be kept in the spring catalog?

It is possible that the cranberry and white striped towels will be kept in the spring catalog, as they were part of the January incentive. However, we won't know for sure until the Leadership Conference.

3. Is it likely that there will be items for outdoor entertaining in the spring catalog?

Yes, it is very likely that there will be items for outdoor entertaining in the spring catalog. Pampered Chef often introduces new products for seasonal entertaining, and with the warmer weather approaching, it is a perfect time to add items for outdoor parties and gatherings.

4. What is the purpose of the HWC (Host-Only SA) vase or serving piece?

The HWC (Host-Only SA) vase or serving piece is a special item that is only available to hosts who hold a qualifying party. It is a way for Pampered Chef to thank hosts for their support and to provide them with exclusive products that are not available for purchase.

5. Is the new product selection at Leadership Conference always a surprise?

Yes, the new product selection at Leadership Conference is always kept a surprise until the event. This adds to the excitement and anticipation for consultants and customers, and allows for a big reveal at the conference. Stay tuned for the exciting new products that will be revealed at the upcoming Leadership Conference!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef