• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Products, New Paperwork & Pampered Partner Updates: Questions Answered

to know...if the binder is only for the first order or if we can buy it and use it for future orders?The binder is for the first order only. You can buy it if you want.
angelkatey
Got my wonderful new products yesterday and I thought they would also be sending some of the new paperwork. Will that be sent to us or do we have fo order? How bout the update on PP?

You'll get a separate "changeover" box with 1 pack of catalogs and some other paperwork. There will also be an order form for sample products (in case you didn't earn them all or want duplicates), and a paperwork order form.

I got an email today that said not to use the PP Plus right now. Just upgrade what you have until the program is complete. From what the email said is that it is really slow and has a few problems so until I hear otherwise I think I'm going to wait to install. Or maybe I'll install it on my husbands computer to check it out first. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

I received that email as well. I am definitely not going to install till the bugs are worked out. I can't believe they are asking us to use it knowing it isn't quite right yet.

Someone said that once you install the new software, the old PP won't work. So, once it is on the computer you can't go back. I think they also said that there was going to be a 2 year transition. What's up with that? If the software isn't good enough for us all to use now, they shouldn't be sending it out. Someone is going to get very messed up, and won't be able to fix it back. I am glad they said there was a problem so I know not to install it...however, I didn't get an email from HO about new software.

I didnt get this email...hmm. Can we just upgrade our PP from CC? LOL...sounds funny:p

P3 is not just an upgrade to PP, it is a completely different program. That's why we can't go back to PP after moving all our data into P3. We can have both installed, just don't enter new shows and things into P3 until the bugs are worked out and you're ready to take the plunge. PP data will export to be read by P3 (to pull in history, etc.), but P3 can't export in a format that PP can read.

I thhink to play it safe, i wont install P3 untill I hear that it is fully operational and ready to work. That way I'm not lighting fire with fire. PP now seems to be good enough.

I think to play it safe, I wont install P3 untill I hear that it is fully operational and ready to work. That way I'm not lighting fire with fire. PP now seems to be good enough.

thechefofnorthbend said:
I didnt get this email...hmm. Can we just upgrade our PP from CC? LOL...sounds funny:p
THis email did not come from Pampered Chef. It is being circulated by consultants (a fellow director sent it to me).

At Leadership, I spent a good amount of time in the Tech Room the first day and we talked to the Tech Support guys. They actually recommended NOT upgrading right away.

When you get your CD, install P3 and update PP. But DO NOT import your data to P3. Take the time to play around in P3, get used to it, enter some dummy shows, etc.

When you import your data, it is a ONE TIME ONLY deal, so do it when you're comfortable and can change over with confidence.

This is straight from the tech guys!

Thanks for this information. I just got my changeover kit and was debating when I was going to install PP3. So I can install it but if it asks me about importing my data I should not do it. Right?

angelkatey said:
Got my wonderful new products yesterday and I thought they would also be sending some of the new paperwork. Will that be sent to us or do we have fo order? How bout the update on PP?

I got my paperwork package today. Didn't open it yet, though...

I got my changeover kit today. We got the new binder inserts that I am guessing come with all the new consultant packages. Does anyone know if we can buy the binder for it???? Or are we just supposed to include the information in our current binder with everything else????

I heard that the binder comes with your first supply order. I believe this replaces our Recipe for Success. I haven't heard this officially.

I got the P3 e-mail too... Maybe I can post it on here.

nevermind... I already deleted it, sorry!!

gilliandanielle said:
I got the P3 e-mail too... Maybe I can post it on here.

I would love if you could post it on here, I would like to let my downline know of the possible issues

Thanks

Maybe someone who still has it can post it for the rest of us to read. Thanks.

pamperedharriet said:
I heard that the binder comes with your first supply order. I believe this replaces our Recipe for Success. I haven't heard this officially.

That is correct, Harriet.

Is the first supply order only for new consultants?? I got my change over kit... my DH thought I was a kid in a candy shop tonight when I opended it. I am debating if I should install PP3 or not..... or wait a while.

Directors got the binder with their change over kits and FD's and Consultants will get them with their first supply order (they will also get a DVD and CD).

This does replace the Recipe for Success and also the Welcome booklet. The DVD that was sent with the recruiting materials will be available at a very low cost to give to possible recruits along with the flyers.

There's another thread with the information about P3 but essentially you can and should down load it and "play" with it but still submit ALL orders with PP until you are comfortable with the P3. Once you submit with P3 you can not go back to PP.

ALSO, if you do choose to play with P3 and later want to start using it you have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get all your current data in it. HTH

Thanks, Beth for spelling everything out so clearly!

So we should really wait to start P3 until March at least??

Another question: I noticed on the S/S supply new PP reciepts. Is this to go with P3? So should I wait until I'm out of my old ones to upgrade then? Again, don't want to waste??

Thanks!

Never mind on P3. I just read that thread! Still wondering on receipts tho.

Lisa,

The new receipts reflect the changes for direct shipping rates on orders being shipped to customers in sales over $129.99 and for the non contiguous states they have a change too.

Great, thanks Harriett! I'm not as worried then as I know our websites should be updated to reflect, and the only PP receipts I print are for outside orders to a show or online outside orders, and I know both will already know the shipping amt anyway!

Thanks!

The change isn't that dramatic for most of us. Thank goodness!

Here's what the email I rec'd said. I didn't know how to just post the link so I copied and pasted. I hope it helps.

ok....the email below is exactly what I would reiterate, as I too have been
Beta testing this new program since October and agree it WILL be awesome once it
is completely ready for use. I am suggesting that you install it...play with
it....but keep entering your shows in Pampered Partner and DO NOT make the final
switch until this new program is READY...or until you are completely comfortable
with it. Cause once you go to P3 (what we call it), you CAN'T go back!
>
> Last thing.... The new program is VERY SLOW right now...and can be VERY
frustrating when you are used to the old program.
> Directors- DEFINITELY PLAY WITH IT...When our new consultants get it...you
will want to have knowledge of how it works...as they WILLNOT get the old PP.
That was a decision our home office made to get this out. Suggest they call
home office tech support when needed. AND TO USE THE TUTORIAL that comes with
it before calling/using as part of their training.
>
> Read below....for more info that I don't want to repeat. Just some friendly
advice... :)
>
>
> Sondra Verva
>
> Director & Trainer, The Pampered Chef
>
> 480-726-9906
>
> www.pamperedchef.biz/SondraVerva
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Soon we will be getting our paperwork changeover kits from The Pampered Chef
for the spring season. In this changeover box, you will find a Pampered Partner
seasonal upgrade CD.
>
> Many of you have heard about the new Pampered Partner Plus, aka P3. This
software upgrade will be on this CD. You will have a choice. You can either
upgrade the current Pampered Partner you are using now, or you can switch over
to P3.
>
> I have been beta testing P3 since October and at this time DO NOT recommend
that you switch over to it. Since you have the option, I recommend that you
continue to use Pampered Partner and just upgrade this program.
>
> I'm not trying to say that P3 is a bad program. Myself and many of the beta
testers just feel that the release of P3 is premature. It is not a complete
program in its current version. So I'm just recommending that you give Pampered
Chef some time to make the program a little more complete. Even tech support is
nervous about having to support this new program in it's current version.
>
> Please be aware:
>
> YOU CAN NOT SWITCH BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM ONCE YOU HAVE GONE TO P3.
>
> Also, if they can finish the P3 program to make it more complete, you can
change over then. You do not have to wait for the next season changeover to
switch.
>
> The current Pampered Partner will continue to be supported and updated for
the next full year. So I recommend that you stick with a program you know and
that is complete. P3 is going to be a nice upgrade, once it is done. I don't
want to see you frustrated with this new program unnecessarily.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know.
>
>
> Vernae Larsen
> Sales Director and Trainer for
> The Pampered Chef

I know this question is getting off the P3 discussion, but I have someone that is inactive (due to personal issues) and now has 5 bookings (has more coming) on her calendar for February and is ready to get rock'in and rolling again and be ready for March! How does she go about getting the change over kit? :confused:

Or can she only order the catalogs, order forms P3 update etc separately? The change over kit would be nice since everything is in there. Anyone know what I can do for her?

Thanks-
Kelly :)

I believe once she reativates they will send her one. I thought I heard that, but don't quote me on that!! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

I am so mixed. I think I can handle PP3 right now and have a show to send it tonight/tomorrow morning.

pamperedharriet said:
I am so mixed. I think I can handle PP3 right now and have a show to send it tonight/tomorrow morning.

Me too...I've noticed a few things that are missing that I liked on PP, but I think I can deal with that since the new one is much more updated and with this century! I think I may just start using it now, knowing that they will greatly improve it in the coming months. I really like it so far!!! It's not perfect, but nothing new ever is perfect.

Thanks Rebecca. I have all day to ponder now!

Me too....I have a show scheduled to close tomorrow so I'll have to make a final decision by then. I also need to send in a supply order. Choices!

I entered the show orders in both programs and had no problems. When she drops the money off later today I'll do the same in both so I am up to date. Now, to figure which one to use to submit.

You got that right, Choices!

pamperedharriet said:
I entered the show orders in both programs and had no problems. When she drops the money off later today I'll do the same in both so I am up to date. Now, to figure which one to use to submit.

You got that right, Choices!
IMHO you are asking for trouble by entering the data in both - and creating double work for yourself. Will you be 100% sure which as the most current information and that you didn't forget to put it in one of the programs?

I plan to continue using PP and also download the P3 to check it out. Once I see what is missing on P3 I will decide if I can live without whatever is missing and then decide but all information will be entered in PP.

As PC suggests I will then remove P3 from my computer and reinstall it so that it can gather all the newest data.

I was very impressed by the P3 program! I got the e-mail about not switching over yet, but I can't remember why the testers didn't like it...

I wanted to see how easy it would be to enter a show and it was! The show was listed already when I installed/imported so I figured why not add the extra orders and see what I thought of it all. I decided to do that after I added them to Pampered Partner. So both are up to date at the moment. I did compare them as I always do a preliminary report before I submit anyway to make sure I didn't miss anything. I found it very easy to do and took my time. I had taken the guide tour so I had a good feel of what to do. I backed up both and will decide before the day is over which one to submit from. So far I can't see why I couldn't send from P3!

BethCooks4U said:
IMHO you are asking for trouble by entering the data in both - and creating double work for yourself. Will you be 100% sure which as the most current information and that you didn't forget to put it in one of the programs?

I plan to continue using PP and also download the P3 to check it out. Once I see what is missing on P3 I will decide if I can live without whatever is missing and then decide but all information will be entered in PP.

As PC suggests I will then remove P3 from my computer and reinstall it so that it can gather all the newest data.

Good Advice - I agree...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennmarques
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • stacypc05
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura