• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New in Town Started TPampered Chef and Stuck in a Rut

In summary, the PC consultant is trying to get bookings for her business. She is trying to get out there and meet people, but is having difficulty because she is the only consultant for a large area. She is looking for suggestions on how to get bookings.
Hotjazz1001
I just moved to Cranbrook, I know 3 people and had my grand opening show etc.....made bookings from my grand opening show. But they all ended up as catalogue shows. I have no live shows booked as of yet. (Doing a bridal/grad fair on Sun) Sounds kinda dumb I am the only consultant for over a 400km radius.... How in earth can I get bookings in an area that I don't know a soul??? Open for suggestions.....:confused:

Talk up PC to everyone you meet. At the store, at the bank, at the video store, at church, your children's school (if you have children). Send your husband to work with catalogs if he works in an office.My former director met a lot of her customers and recruits in Target (yes DebbieJ, I'm talking about Angela :D ). We use to tease her that she stalked people in Target. She use to go up to brides who were doing their registry, and introduce them to our registry. Anyway, make yourself known as a PC consultant all over town. Wear PC labeled clothes everywhere. Carry catalogs all the time, and don't hand them over until you get their contact info.

Do you have a party store? Ask if you can leave your cards/catalogs/ wedding flyers there.

Go play bingo and start talking there. Or join a bowling league. That will put you in place with other people.

Good luck

She use to go up to brides who were doing their registry, and introduce them to our registry.

lol I did that. Nothing came of it but I figured why not try?

If you're the only consultant for 400 km, you have a wide open market. Just get your name out around town. Hair and nail salons, restaurants, real estate agents, everyone you come across. Ask your hosts and customers to spread the word even in nearby towns. They may have friends/relatives there who would be happy to find out about you. Maybe check out the policies and run a small ad in the newpapers in nearby towns. Ours has a page where we just send them a biz card and it's very reasonable.

When I started, I was the only one in about a 50 mile radius and everyone I met said they were so glad to know there was a PC consultant in the area now. (Funny, I can't seem to find any of those people for bookings now but oh well. lol) You will probably have people who are interested in the business and that's a selling point for it...the need for more consultants. Good luck.

When we moved 3 years ago, I didn't know anyone. We also moved to a very rural area so not many neighbors. I went to subdivisions that were fairly close (for me that is 30 minute drive) and left surveys. I collected the answered ones the next day and followed up w/calls letting them know upcoming specials. I got some bookings from that. Look under files for neighborhood survey.

Make customer care calls. Call everyone that has ordered from you & let them know about specials & ASK for bookings! You need to ask everyone!

Fliers (etc) are good but only work if you have contact info to followup. I leave business cards & catalogs at our little coffee shop & have only ever had 1 person call to place an order for the batter bowl. I have been leaving them there for over 2 years. So while this gets your info out, you probably won't get much response.

I hope this helps. Contact your director if you still need suggestions. Don't give up...it will happen if you really want it to.

Put a box at a local store for a free drawing to gather names. Wear PC t-shirts, bags, coats, etc every where you go. If you have kids, volunteer with their activities so you can meet other moms.

Do you have PC clothing, pin, or bag to carry? Ask BeckyD about that. She highly recommends it.

JAE said:
Do you have PC clothing, pin, or bag to carry? Ask BeckyD about that. She highly recommends it.
Oh, yes! Some of my very first shows came from just wearing a PC pin on my coat lapel!

wowthanks for the suggestions...i'm going to try those except for the target stalker..only because we dn't have target stores in canada ;)

You can stalk people at the walmart registry...LOL

Oh my! How do you survive w/o Target? Just kidding. I like Target but try not to shop there too often. I buy things I don't need when I go there. I do shop there about once a month.
Anyway, back to the reason for this thread....

When I first started in Sooke another small community. I put ads in my local paper, every bulletin board has one of my flyers (grocery store, laundramat, etc.) My logo is on my car and I never go out without my PC clothing. My tote bag with catalogues and I give my business card to everyone, bank tellers, waitress's.
My biggest break was when I gave a donation to the local daycare, one of the mom's booked a show and then her SIL and then their friends and so on.
This site has tons of great ideas for getting booking leads. Hang in there!
Lorna

go to the Chamber of Commerce in that area might have more than one if you are the only Consultant in 400 radius and find out about all upcoming events: booths and fairs, Then take out the phone book and start calling biz.s to tell them you're Company adopts a biz each week and they won. Then ask what the best time is to drop off a prepared dish. Taske the dish you fix on a piece of SA and drop it off along with some catalogs. Introduce yourself and tell them you are new to the area and you take referrals. You can also go to the schools and ask to leave catty's in the teacher lounge.

I moved to a new area last year and there was 3 consultant within a block of each other.

I started my biz by fairs and the people at my DH job did a couple to help get me started.

hope this helps.

the fairs got me 3 recruits and I am now a Director.

Best of luck

Well I just found out this morning that I actually got a table at the local bridal/grad showcase n Sunday...... lots of last minute preparations but hopefully it will get me some bookings and get my name out there.... Anyone have any ideas for a good tag line??

I cross border shop to get my target fix LOL kalispell is only 2 hours from here that in montana LOL

this doc will REALLY help you!

See attached!

Last edited:
AdvertiseI can't stress this enough. I suggest you go for a nice brisk walk and drop off flyers in your neighborhood, and surrounding neighborhoods to let people know you are close by for shows or to place orders.

Also I agree that you should ask around to see what businesses will let you leave flyers and catalogs in their shops. Nail salons, daycares, hair salons, kid's resale shops, coffee shops, bakeries, doctor's offices, etc....

Hope it works out for you. Before you know it, you will have a wonderful customer base and lots of cooking shows|!!

Debbie :D

Related to New in Town Started TPampered Chef and Stuck in a Rut

1. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my everyday cooking routine?

One way to incorporate Pampered Chef products into your everyday cooking routine is to choose a recipe from our website or catalog that features a specific product you want to try. This will give you inspiration and guidance on how to use the product in a new way.

2. What are some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party?

Some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party include inviting a mix of friends and family, providing light refreshments, and setting up a fun and inviting atmosphere. It's also helpful to have a few products prepared for demonstration and to offer special discounts or free gifts for party guests.

3. I'm new to cooking and overwhelmed by all the different products Pampered Chef offers. Where should I start?

If you're new to cooking, we recommend starting with our essential kitchen tools such as knives, measuring cups and spoons, and a good quality cookware set. These items will help you get started on your cooking journey and can be used with a variety of recipes.

4. How can I get out of a cooking rut and try new recipes with my Pampered Chef products?

One way to get out of a cooking rut is to try browsing our website or catalog for new recipe ideas. You can also join our online community or attend a cooking class to get inspiration and tips from other Pampered Chef enthusiasts. Additionally, consider hosting a recipe swap with friends to share new and exciting dishes.

5. I love my Pampered Chef products but am on a budget. Are there any affordable options available?

We understand that not everyone has a large budget for kitchen items, which is why we offer a variety of affordable options in our product line. You can also take advantage of our monthly specials and discounts to save on your favorite products. Additionally, hosting a party can earn you free or discounted products as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
Replies