• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant With Morning Sickness!

ugh! The smell of anything made me puke.:yuck: When I was prego with DD, my DH left the sippy cups out overnight...this meant that I had to open them up, dismantle and clean them...ugh! The smell of anything made me puke.:yuck:
baychef
Silver Member
I feel so bad...I have a new consultant that is not from this area so she is limited in who she can ask for parties, but she just found out that she is pregnant with her first child. She said she can not even think about scheduling parties right now because the smell of food makes her ill.:yuck:

She was encouraged to work on book parties and since she feels that it will pass soon, I also encouraged her to start scheduling cooking show parties too.

Anyone else with some ideas? Thanks!

Ann, I wish I had some sage advice, but I'm hormonal today- I'd be tempted to tell her to suck it up and press on! (that was what they taught us in Air Force Basic Training!) :)

However having once thought I was pregnant, and every smell did in fact make me queasy, I feel for her. I think doing interactive shows, or "walking through the catalog" shows would work really well, and she coudl just bring a potato or 2 or 5 for people to demo tools from her Tool-Turn-About...and bring a pan of brownies to munch on-

Catalog shows would be a good idea as well. I have found from personal experience that some times you do just have to suck it up and press on, so hopefully she won't be queasy or nauseous forever! :)

baychef said:
I feel so bad...I have a new consultant that is not from this area so she is limited in who she can ask for parties, but she just found out that she is pregnant with her first child. She said she can not even think about scheduling parties right now because the smell of food makes her ill.:yuck:

She was encouraged to work on book parties and since she feels that it will pass soon, I also encouraged her to start scheduling cooking show parties too.

Anyone else with some ideas? Thanks!

This was me 4 1/2 years ago! It's hard to suck it up when the smell of food sends you rushing for the nearest bathroom/garbage can/plastic bag/planter you can find!:yuck:

It was Christmas Time, so I did Batter Bowl Gift Mix shows. (had the host prepare the batter bowl brownie in advance) For the summer, I would suggest Ice Cream Socials - she could have the host pre-bake a brownie, or buy a pound cake or angel food cake, and show all of the tools for chopping, slicing, etc.....nuts, strawberries, chocolate, marshmallows, bananas, oreo cookies....or check the files for the Cold Stone Ice Cream Show - that's a good no-cook one to do to!

ChefBeckyD said:
This was me 4 1/2 years ago! It's hard to suck it up when the smell of food sends you rushing for the nearest bathroom/garbage can/plastic bag/planter you can find!:yuck:

It was Christmas Time, so I did Batter Bowl Gift Mix shows. (had the host prepare the batter bowl brownie in advance) For the summer, I would suggest Ice Cream Socials - she could have the host pre-bake a brownie, or buy a pound cake or angel food cake, and show all of the tools for chopping, slicing, etc.....nuts, strawberries, chocolate, marshmallows, bananas, oreo cookies....or check the files for the Cold Stone Ice Cream Show - that's a good no-cook one to do to!

that's why I prefaced my post with "But I'm hormonal today" which is a polite way of saying I'm cranky! :)

I would suggest any non cooking shows (like mentioned above) and have her prepare Hosts for helping out~it could be a really good recruiting tool for her..."see, you did most of the work at this show, but I am going to get paid for it!"

chefmeg said:
I would suggest any non cooking shows (like mentioned above) and have her prepare Hosts for helping out~it could be a really good recruiting tool for her..."see, you did most of the work at this show, but I am going to get paid for it!"

You are so smart! :) Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic! :)

I have been there, the smell of anything made me puke. I would recomend catalog shows. Nothing would be worse then her trying to even demo the peeling of a potato and she throw up. Someone could wear a perfume that could make her puke, I say stay away from cooking shows for awhile Poor girl, I was sick for 9 months, no joke, it was not fun!!

Rae had a great format for walk through the catalog or "no demo" shows...check for her old threads...:)

Kitchen Diva said:
You are so smart! :) Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic! :)
why, thank you , my dear!

When I was prego with DD, my DH left the sippy cups out overnight...this meant that I had to open them up, dismantle and clean them the next day:yuck:
not pretty as my sense of smell was very heightned during that pregnancy! I never actually threw up, but there were many times I really wanted to! That one was the worst!

1. How can I manage my morning sickness while working as a new consultant?

Morning sickness can be tough to deal with, especially when you're trying to work. One way to manage it is to make sure you're eating small, frequent meals throughout the day. This can help keep your blood sugar levels stable and prevent nausea. You can also try snacking on ginger or peppermint, which are known to help ease nausea. It's also important to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.

2. Will morning sickness affect my ability to attend Pampered Chef parties and events?

It's understandable to be worried about attending parties and events while dealing with morning sickness. However, as long as you are feeling well enough, there should be no problem with attending and working as a consultant. Just make sure to take breaks and listen to your body if you start to feel overwhelmed.

3. Can I still participate in cooking demonstrations and use the products while dealing with morning sickness?

Absolutely! Cooking demonstrations can be a great way to showcase our products and make sales. If you're feeling too nauseous to cook, consider asking for help from a fellow consultant or preparing easy, no-cook recipes. As for using the products, you can still use them in your own kitchen and share your experiences with customers.

4. Do I need to disclose my morning sickness to my customers?

Disclosing your morning sickness to customers is a personal decision. Some may feel comfortable sharing this information, while others may prefer to keep it private. If you do choose to disclose it, you may find that your customers are understanding and may even offer helpful tips or support.

5. Are there any accommodations or resources available for consultants with morning sickness?

Pampered Chef values the well-being of our consultants, and we understand that morning sickness can be challenging. If you need any accommodations or resources, please reach out to your team leader or our customer service team. We are here to support you and help you have a successful and comfortable experience as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • ChefBeckyD