• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant- Personal Website

You can set up your shows online immediately. You will not be able to take individual orders until you qualify.
esavvymom
Staff member
I just started as a consultant a little over a week ago. I have my first show this Saturday :eek:.

I'm a little confused on the Personal PC Website though. Can I as a New Consultant- not yet 'qualified', get my own PWS? Or do I have to wait until I've 'qualified' as a Consultant? I was confused by wording in different material...like I think the agreement said it was for "Consultant and Above", but something else talks about once I do qualify, I could get my PWS free for 90 days, or if I already had a subscription, it would be extended those 90 days....making me think I CAN get one.

I read another lady's post about having to have a PC Debit or Credit card first though to get it- which I'm about to open my bank account, so I can get that taken care of.

But before I get my business cards, I want to have my website. So thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Bobbi

( By the way- this forum rocks!! I love having so much experience to turn to at 1am when the rest of the world snoozes! :) )

I couldn't sign up for my PWS until I had qualified...

Yep, you have to qualify before you can get the PWS.

My understanding is that you can sign up, but you will not be able to accept individual orders or wedding registries until you have qualified.

No, you do not have to qualify to get a PWS...you can sign up immediately!!!! (As soon as you get your PC debit card).You just cannot take individual orders until you qualify.

You can have your PWS because I did. That's how I qualified. The only thing you can't do is get individual orders from your PWS but you can set up catalog shows and stuff on there.

From our policies:• Participation in Online Ordering
New Consultants may sign up for a Personal Web Site
immediately. However, they will not have access to
individual online ordering or be able to set up Wedding
Registries until they become qualified.

The best thing I recommend for all new consultants after going through their kit or before they get it, is to log on to Consultant's Corner and read the Policies and Procedures. It helps you understand a lot.For those older consultants, take note, the policies and procedures have been updated with submission deadline changes and other things...a quick review is great and they put the list of changes at the beginning of the manual.

WHAT?!? My Director told me I had to qualify first!! I would have signed up right away had I know this....thanks for the info!

Hathery said:
WHAT?!? My Director told me I had to qualify first!! I would have signed up right away had I know this....thanks for the info!

You'll learn that our directors have great, wonderful advice and help a ton!!!! But once in awhile with all the things on their plate, they don't recall everything...

It never hurts to call HO - there is a phone list on CC for that. They are always helpful and my ED ENCOURAGES us to do that on many things.

Also, read the policies for yourself. We all are Independent Consultants. It is our responsibility to educate ourselves and keep up-to-date on things.

HO provides SO MANY things for us, updates, great hand-outs, etc. We just have to use them.

...and finally if the above fail, JUST ASK...someone here usually knows the answer or can point you to it.

I encourage you to read for yourself first if you have time, because we all sometimes forget too.

I did see the policy on the website, but since she told me I couldn't have a website yet I took "individual orders" to mean "all orders." Woops!

Hathery said:
I did see the policy on the website, but since she told me I couldn't have a website yet I took "individual orders" to mean "all orders." Woops!

No, go ahead and set up your shows online. I have some hosts who never use it and some who strictly use it. It is a great tool.

janetupnorth said:
From our policies:

• Participation in Online Ordering
New Consultants may sign up for a Personal Web Site
immediately. However, they will not have access to
individual online ordering or be able to set up Wedding
Registries until they become qualified.

Thanks! I did read the policies twice. I knew I couldn't do online orders and registries, but just got confused by different things.

Thanks for clearing it up! I can at least have the website on my cards, labels, and such. :)

My director also told me I couldn't get one until I qualified and I had already set it up!

Tammy

I set mine up not long after my first show. I wanted to have my website info on my cards, stickers, stamp, etc. Whatever you pay into it will be extended by 90 days when you qualify in your first 90 days. Mine extended from July renewal to October. It sort of sucks in a way not to be able to do individual orders (such as the outlet) but you CAN set up your shows online and tell hosts to have their guests order from their show on it. Whatever directors are saying you have to qualify first are giving false information. Perhaps they are saying that to make sure you qualify and they get to count you on the team?

Well one of my first 4 shows was a catalog show I did myself for all my relatives that live in CA. And I just wanted to get the $150 so it would count as a show. So my purpose to set it up right away was to qualify. I set it up as soon as I got my PC debit card. I did notice that my director doesn't have a web site. So I think some people are just not as computer literate as others so they just don't know.

You have to wait until you submit 4 shows ($150+/each) or submit $1250 in sales. I set up my site the day before I closed out my 4th show. I was able to use it with no problems and I got an email two days later letting me know my renewal date was extended 90 days since I already signed up.

I bought some Avery business cards then designed and printed them off their website for free. These were a cheap substitute until I got my site up and could order some nicer ones. I put my cards up in the Post Office and I had some people email me to book a party. They may not be top quality but they did their job.

I am going to purchase mine off VistaPrint unless I get some more PC$. Then maybe I'll order them off Merrill.

You can get the website right away, I got it the day I got my debit card. You can set up shows you just can't get orders not related to a show or outlet orders. When you qualify, they extend your subscription the 90 days. It is definitely to your advantage to get it immediately.

Yep, you can get your website as soon as you get a debit card. I think new consultants aren't really clear on what it means to be "qualified." You have to sell $1250 in commissionable sales before someone can place an individual order on your website. That means, someone gets on your website and orders but NOT off a show. I'm not sure why they make you sell $1250 in sales to do that and I think that confuses a lot of new people...I know it did me.

mmmorgan20 said:
Yep, you can get your website as soon as you get a debit card. I think new consultants aren't really clear on what it means to be "qualified." You have to sell $1250 in commissionable sales before someone can place an individual order on your website. That means, someone gets on your website and orders but NOT off a show. I'm not sure why they make you sell $1250 in sales to do that and I think that confuses a lot of new people...I know it did me.

The sales requirement before activating individual online orders is there, in my opinion, to show that the new recruit is willing to work their business according to HO guidelines, which is sales primarily from shows. And since shows are the best way to get more shows, that's where a new consultant should focus their efforts.

Update: I did get my PWS after I got my Debit Card number. I'm online and running. I was then able to order my business cards. I got some from Merrill...and a batch of Free ones from VistaPrint. I figured I'd use the Vista-cards for places that I leave my card or stuff in envelopes. And use the ones I paid for at booths, shows, etc. Sad thing is though- I'll get my free cards before my paid-for cards- and the Free ones were ordered a day later! Anyway- I'm hoping my events in the next 2-weeks push me over the qualifying mark.Thanks for the tips! (Even my director didn't know the current rules until about 2 weeks ago. Now she knows. :) )

chefann said:
The sales requirement before activating individual online orders is there, in my opinion, to show that the new recruit is willing to work their business according to HO guidelines, which is sales primarily from shows. And since shows are the best way to get more shows, that's where a new consultant should focus their efforts.

I agree 100%!

Hello,

This is in reply to spoons4life, or anyone else that can answer. I am new to PC and was wondering if I get the Avery business cards, which website do I go to to print my own? I do not mean to sound stupid, but I am just trying to figure things out.

Thank you.

Avery has templates that are downloadable from Avery.com, or they're usually built in to most major word processor programs (Word, etc.). There are PC logos online on CC (click on the red "Promoting your business" tab, then scroll down).You can also order printed cards from a place like VistaPrint, but you can't use the logo on those.

teacher10 said:
Hello,

This is in reply to spoons4life, or anyone else that can answer. I am new to PC and was wondering if I get the Avery business cards, which website do I go to to print my own? I do not mean to sound stupid, but I am just trying to figure things out.

Thank you.

You can order "official" cards from Merril which are nice but not much customization. For Newbies I think it is fine to print your own while you are diciding if PC is for you. I printed my own for 3 years till I decided to give Merril a try. Now I am doing Vistaprint because I like options!

1. How do I set up my personal website as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

As a new consultant, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your personal website. Simply click on the link provided and follow the prompts to set up your website. If you did not receive the email, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I customize my personal website with my own branding and information?

Yes, you can customize your personal website with your own branding and information by editing the website settings. You can add your own profile picture, contact information, and social media links to make your website more personalized.

3. How do I add products to my personal website?

To add products to your personal website, log into your consultant account and go to the "My Website" section. From there, you can browse through our product catalog and select which items you would like to feature on your website. You can also create collections and add specific products to them for easier browsing by your customers.

4. Can I track the activity on my personal website?

Yes, you can track the activity on your personal website by using the "My Website" dashboard. This dashboard will show you how many visitors you have had, which products are being viewed the most, and how many sales have been made through your website.

5. How can I promote my personal website to attract more customers?

There are several ways to promote your personal website to attract more customers. You can share your website link on social media, include it in your email signature, and even hand out business cards with your website information. You can also reach out to friends and family and ask them to share your website with their network. Additionally, participating in online parties and events can also help drive traffic to your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • VAGirlChef