• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Brunch Show: Need Suggestions for Savory Dish!

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with their first brunch show. They ask for suggestions on a savory dish and mention their plan to make ham and cheese brunch squares. Other users share their experiences with the dish, offering tips such as using Southwest seasoning or adding sausage. They also offer additional ideas for the brunch show, including making mini-cinnamon rolls and freezing leftovers. Some users also mention the importance of having a plan and good flow during the demonstration.
GEScott
Gold Member
This is my first post and I am hoping you all can help.

I am new at this and have my first brunch show scheduled for this Saturday. Have any of you tried the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares or have any better ideas for a savory dish?

Thanks for any suggestions.

My family loves the ham and cheese brunch squares. I've never done a brunch show myself though. First one is coming up in January. Let us know how yours goes?

I do a brunch show almost every Saturday - they are my most popular show! (right now, I'm booked thru January!)
The brunch squares are good - not great, but good. I liven them up a little by using a bit of Southwest Seasoning, and then having the guests make Salsa. I pass around the small SS bowl with the salad choppers and the ingredients for the salsa (the recipe in the catalog) and have them all help make it. Then, I serve the Squares with salsa and sour cream on the side (in the small bowls and caddy of course!;) )

I made these at my very first 2 shows. I use half sausage (that I pre-cook) and half ham. (instead of all ham). Somewhere else on the board someone had made suggestions to use Cheddar cheese (instead of whatever the recipe calls for) and to salt and pepper the hash brown "crust" before it goes into the oven the first time. This recipe has been a hit at the 2 brunch shows I did.

I also had done the mini-cinnamon rolls -like in the holiday flyer - but not in the shape of a tree - for both parties. I had them in the oven and ready to come out when everyone got there. I sprinkle the cinnamon sprinkles on half and caramel sprinkles on the other half. This gives everyone a chance to try each flavor. Pretty cheap too - 1 roll of crescents and some melted butter and our sprinkles.

Then I demo the ham & cheese brunch squares. The only thing that threw me at my first show was the 2 bake times for this recipe.

I did not have good flow...Once the hash brown crust went in the oven, I got the egg part of the recipe together, then it turned into a little bit of an open discussion and it was hard to get everyone back to listen to the last part of the demo. Then it goes back into the oven for 6-8 minutes.

When I did this at my second show, I had more of a plan. It helps to keep that in mind when doing this recipe.

Another tidbit of info that came from another thread: cut the leftover into squares and freeze them. Then just reheat in micro for 1-2 minutes. I do this at home and it really does work.

My tip is that i used the "home fries" instead of the hashbrowns. They are the chunky potatos or ore ida has them and they are called potatos o' brien. They work wonderfully.

kam said:
I made these at my very first 2 shows. I use half sausage (that I pre-cook) and half ham. (instead of all ham). Somewhere else on the board someone had made suggestions to use Cheddar cheese (instead of whatever the recipe calls for) and to salt and pepper the hash brown "crust" before it goes into the oven the first time. This recipe has been a hit at the 2 brunch shows I did.

I also had done the mini-cinnamon rolls -like in the holiday flyer - but not in the shape of a tree - for both parties. I had them in the oven and ready to come out when everyone got there. I sprinkle the cinnamon sprinkles on half and caramel sprinkles on the other half. This gives everyone a chance to try each flavor. Pretty cheap too - 1 roll of crescents and some melted butter and our sprinkles.

Then I demo the ham & cheese brunch squares. The only thing that threw me at my first show was the 2 bake times for this recipe.

I did not have good flow...Once the hash brown crust went in the oven, I got the egg part of the recipe together, then it turned into a little bit of an open discussion and it was hard to get everyone back to listen to the last part of the demo. Then it goes back into the oven for 6-8 minutes.

When I did this at my second show, I had more of a plan. It helps to keep that in mind when doing this recipe.

Another tidbit of info that came from another thread: cut the leftover into squares and freeze them. Then just reheat in micro for 1-2 minutes. I do this at home and it really does work.

If you don't mind me asking, when you did your second show, what was your "plan"?

What is the holiday planner?

Thank you! Dena

Thanks for your help. Do you think regular shredded hashbrowns - regrigerated fresh or thawed frozen - could be substituted for the toaster patties?

Probably not well. The toaster patties retain their shape and crispiness, even after breaking them up.

GEScott said:
Thanks for your help. Do you think regular shredded hashbrowns - regrigerated fresh or thawed frozen - could be substituted for the toaster patties?

There is another recipe (older one) called Bountiful Brunch Pizza. It is very similar to current brunch recipe. It uses the shredded hashbrowns, but you have to mix a couple eggs in with them to get them to hold their shape and make a "crust".

If you don't mind me asking, when you did your second show, what was your "plan"?

What is the holiday planner?

Thank you! Dena

Dena,

At the 2nd show, I started on the crust right away and got it in the oven. Then I did the official show start - thank you's, guest introductions, explained the recipe we were doing and proceeded to demo the egg filling. Then it came out of the oven and I could seamlessly add the egg topping and stick it back in the oven. I then could continue with the rest of the show and was ready to allow the free for all once it came out of the oven. I just made a better effort to keep things flowing so the 2 bake times did not seem noticeable.

My problem at the first show was I did all the intro's, etc before I did anything at all with the recipe. Then I demo'd the crust, it went in the oven, I got the egg filling done pretty quick and was waiting for the crust to come out. I talked about products, but this is where a lot of open discussion started and people just figured I was done with the demo-ing part and when the crust came out people were figuring the recipe was done, but it had to go back in the oven. It just did not flow.

The Baked Eggs Benedict is great too! I have done that one and while we wait for it to bake I have made the topping for the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake. It went over BIG!

thebowman said:
The Baked Eggs Benedict is great too!

And the recipe for this one is in what book??? Pretty Please?
Eggs Benedict is my FAVORITE breakfast food!
That sounds delish!

It is in Seasons Best Spring/ Summer this year I think

I didn't like it
GEScott said:

I tried this both ways and the already shredded frozen ones didn't have the same texture, consistency or taste as the broken patties. Also the frozen ones I had gotten were not pre-browned so they were a lot softer on the bottom. I would stick with the broken up patties.

HTH

thebowman said:
It is in Seasons Best Spring/ Summer this year I think

sorry Fall/Winter 2006 page 17:eek:

Thanks!!!!!!!!

My favorite egg dish is the Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll. It's in Main Dishes cookbook and an old Season's Best Spring/Summer with a different "roll" on the front.

I recently did the Ham N eggs brunch braid...it was a big hit, and a great recipe to show off the stoneware, cookware and baskets!

Related to New Brunch Show: Need Suggestions for Savory Dish!

1. What are some easy and delicious savory brunch dishes I can make for the New Brunch Show?

One great option is our Mini Quiche Lorraine recipe, which can be prepared ahead of time and then heated up in the oven before the show. Another tasty option is our Spinach and Mushroom Frittata, which is packed with flavor and can be easily customized with different ingredients.

2. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for the New Brunch Show?

Yes, we have several delicious recipes that cater to vegetarian and vegan diets. Our Baked Avocado and Egg dish is a popular choice, as well as our Vegan Tofu Scramble with Vegetables. We also have a variety of fruit and vegetable platters that can be served as a side dish.

3. Can you recommend a savory dish that is gluten-free?

Absolutely! Our Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash is a crowd-pleaser and can easily be made gluten-free by substituting regular flour with a gluten-free alternative. We also have a gluten-free quiche recipe that uses a potato crust instead of traditional pastry dough.

4. I'm looking for a dish that can feed a large group. Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, our Cheesy Breakfast Casserole is the perfect choice for feeding a crowd. It can be made in a large baking dish and can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger group. It's also a great option for potlucks or brunch parties.

5. Can I make any of these dishes ahead of time?

Absolutely! Many of our savory brunch dishes can be made ahead of time and then reheated before the show. Our Breakfast Burrito Casserole and Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Strata are both great options that can be prepared the night before and then baked in the morning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmoseley
  • PCwithStay-C