• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neighbor's Dog Is Driving Me Nuts - Help

In summary, the new corporate owners have not enforced the rule that dogs should not be tied up in the yard without supervision. The dog was barking all the time, until a baby was born and the dog is now being barked at almost every hour. The neighbor's daughter and her baby are staying at the house and the dog is presumably being tied out because of the baby.
Kathytnt
I have been annoyed with this dog for along time. We live in a relatively mobile home community that is supposed to have rules. None seem to be enforced with the new corporate owners. One of those rules is that dogs are not to be tied up in the yard without supervision. Well during the school year that dog was tied up almost every morning so I would be awakened every morning by that dog barking. I have to close at my store frequently (after 10) and nothing like being awaken by the dog across the street. OUr bedroom is on the side of the house by the street which is closest to their This calmed down during the summer until a few weeks ago. The neighbor's (also a PC customer of mine) 17 year old daughter just had a baby. They (daughter and boyfriend and baby) are staying at the house. I can only assume that the dog is being tied out now because of the baby. This dog is barking incessantly. He was barking until at least 11 p.m. last night. I can't swear to it but I thought I heard him barking at 3 am last week.
We have complained to the park earlier in the year but obviously nothing is being done about it

What would you do?

Depends on how well you know the neighbors. You might want to try talking with them about it. If that doesn't work, file another complaint with the corporate owners. And if you are still having problems, you can contact your local police department for help. I would do that only as a last resort because so many departments are understaffed, but if you have exhausted all other routes...

They seem like nice people so I can't understand why they don't realize this is disturbing so many people. How can people that seem so nice be so irresponsible and thoughtless about thier pets. They don't do all the other things do owners should do like pick up after their dog and such. One of my neighbors actually saw the lady allow her dog to pee on the neighbors trailer skirt. She (the mom) didn't originally get the dog (the daughter did and then went off to college) Now she is home with a baby, boyfriend and another dog.

Cleaning up after your dog isn't fun but it's your responsibility as a pet owner

Call the cops, or if you have a city housing inspector, or animal control. It's not fair to the pets or to the neighbors.

First though, is it bothering any other neighbors? Maybe a bunch of you could get together and go talk to the neighbors so you don't seem like the only one complaining. Maybe they are so used to the sound that they tune it out and don't realize how loud it really is.

--Jenny L

I would call the cops. There may be a noise ordinance so from like 11pm to 6 am or whatever, dog barking counts in that. Our citys is 11pm to 7am.

Kathy,
Maybe you can call the man who led the Dallas police on that chase last week trying to get his dying cat to the vet!! :)
For those of you not in our area, the cat was already dead and he has been banned from animal shelters etc because he "collects" cats.
They found dead ones wrapped in towels in his fridge wirh notes on how and when they died. i forget how many cats were at his house which was flea infested and nasty.
His wife lived in a house down the street from him....... Wonder why???

Teresa Lynn said:
Kathy,
Maybe you can call the man who led the Dallas police on that chase last week trying to get his dying cat to the vet!! :)
For those of you not in our area, the cat was already dead and he has been banned from animal shelters etc because he "collects" cats.
They found dead ones wrapped in towels in his fridge wirh notes on how and when they died. i forget how many cats were at his house which was flea infested and nasty.
His wife lived in a house down the street from him....... Wonder why???
YUK! That's like one episode of Animal Cops Detroit in which investigators removed more than 150 (possibly over 200) cats from a single house. The Humane Society investigators could only go into the house for 20 minutes at a time, even wearing protective gear, because of the germs and things from that many feral cats living in an enclosed space. Cat collecting is a real, serious problem.
<end hijack>

chefann said:
YUK! That's like one episode of Animal Cops Detroit in which investigators removed more than 150 (possibly over 200) cats from a single house. The Humane Society investigators could only go into the house for 20 minutes at a time, even wearing protective gear, because of the germs and things from that many feral cats living in an enclosed space. Cat collecting is a real, serious problem.<end hijack>

Unless they are the nice ceramic kind that sit in the display cabinet... at least if you have a problem with those cats, they aren't smelly!

Sorry about that hijack, Kathy.

I think the advice about checking if it bothers other neighbors is a good idea. Often people are annoyed but don't want to say anything because they think they're the only one it bothers. If there are even 2 of you, you can support each other and it won't look like you personally are picking on the dog owner.

Related to Neighbor's Dog Is Driving Me Nuts - Help

1. Why is my neighbor's dog driving me nuts?

There could be many reasons why your neighbor's dog is causing you frustration. It could be barking excessively, digging up your yard, or engaging in other annoying behaviors. It's important to identify the specific behavior that is bothering you so you can address it properly.

2. Can I talk to my neighbor about their dog's behavior?

Yes, it's always a good idea to communicate with your neighbor about any issues you may be having with their dog. Approach the conversation calmly and politely, and try to come up with a solution together. Remember to be understanding and respectful, as their dog is a beloved member of their family.

3. What steps can I take to stop the dog from bothering me?

There are a few things you can try to prevent the dog from driving you nuts. You can talk to your neighbor about training their dog to behave better, use deterrents such as noise or motion-activated devices, or even try talking to a professional dog trainer for advice.

4. Can I involve animal control if the dog is causing a nuisance?

In most cases, involving animal control should be a last resort. However, if the dog's behavior is causing a real disturbance or poses a safety risk, you can contact your local animal control office for assistance. Keep in mind that this should only be done after attempting to resolve the issue with your neighbor first.

5. What if my neighbor refuses to do anything about their dog's behavior?

If your neighbor is uncooperative or unwilling to address the issue, you may need to seek help from your local authorities. Depending on where you live, there may be noise ordinances or other regulations in place that can help resolve the situation. It's best to consult with your homeowner's association or local government for guidance in this situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • yummybytes